Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Obviously hoping he does really well here but I’d love to have heard the recruitment team discussing this one. Simply don’t believe they could’ve done it without mentioning Maupay.

Last edited:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Could you tell him apart from Maupay?! They look identical, have a propensity to miss sitters and I'm totally confused about the squad numbers in that game so I would just boo everyone to be safe!

Undav, from extremely limited viewing, appears to hit the ball earlier than Neal and has the accuracy to hit the bottom corner. Apart from that, they appear very similar physically.

Last edited:

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Undav, from extremely limited viewing, appears to hit the ball earlier than Neal and has the accuracy to hit the bottom corner. Apart from that, they appear very similar physically.

From watching the few minutes of the friendly vs Reading online, which, let's face it is a lot more research than most here need before make sweeping conclusions, his hold-up play and laying the ball off looked quicker and more precise also.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Looking forward to seeing Undav play in the stripes (OK, in the 'H') in a competitive match sometime soon. Hope he gets a fair crack of the whip to stake his claim to lead the line

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
From watching the few minutes of the friendly vs Reading online, which, let's face it is a lot more research than most here need before make sweeping conclusions, his hold-up play and laying the ball off looked quicker and more precise also.

Yep, looks to do things far quicker. It’s a definite problem with Neal that, he’s great defensively dropping deep but he does tend to slow things down moving forward. One of the reasons we did so well without him at the back end of the season.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm very excited to see him play for us. If he can break into double figures this season he will have done a fabulous job

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm very excited to see him play for us. If he can break into double figures this season he will have done a fabulous job

Indeed. That would be a lot more than I expect.

Think it might take a while before we see him really adapt to the higher level. Would be quite happy with 5-6 goals from him this season.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He'll be getting slaughtered on here after 15 minutes of his first game :lol:

Unfortunately so. He has worked well in a front 2 at USG but may find himself isolated as a lone striker. Hopefully his hold up play and strength will allow others to get involved and help with some swift attacks

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If Undav is our ‘main’ striker why has he played the same pre season minutes as Maupay, and less than Welbeck ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here