Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Isn’t that getting a bit boring now? He’s just been on loan - and finished top scorer in Belgium, in fact one of the top scorers across Europe’s top flight teams.
Do you really think we’ll be sending him to Championship Stoke for another loan?

What is getting a bit boring now?

Firstly, both Khadra and the Polish lad who is an international, were out on loan last season and ITK posters are discussing them going out on loan again. Clarke has been out on loan three seasons running!!

Secondly, we have other options Up-front and my remark was partly in jest.

Thirdly, I will post what I like, as long as it is not offensive. If you do not like it, tough.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Not the first time someone says this.

Am I the only one struggling to see this? I think other than maybe the haircut, they look nothing like eachother.

Our new strike force; Maupay, Welbz and Undav:

Sample1.jpg

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Of course we all hope he hits the ground running but it is unlikely considering that he will probably be on the bench to start with . I was impressed by his quiet confidence in his interview and that he stated quite clearly his aim to try hard to achieve the best that he could and although some would consider that a given i like to hear that vision expressed .
Interesting as well to know that he considers his wife to be a great influence in his attitude to his career and training , let us hope she likes the city !
I am certain he is the real deal..... but..... I am concerned that he may not get the ammunition he needs, Cucurela would have supplied plenty from the left, if Man City grab him, his supply of goal getting opportunity will be seriously diluted.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
What is getting a bit boring now?

Firstly, both Khadra and the Polish lad who is an international, were out on loan last season and ITK posters are discussing them going out on loan again. Clarke has been out on loan three seasons running!!

Secondly, we have other options Up-front and my remark was partly in jest.

Thirdly, I will post what I like, as long as it is not offensive. If you do not like it, tough.

Charming!

All I meant by boring was that the whole “watch him play for Stoke” jibe is getting a bit “fixtures” now but ok, you just carry on👍
I’m sure someone finds it funny 😉

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
I am certain he is the real deal..... but..... I am concerned that he may not get the ammunition he needs, Cucurela would have supplied plenty from the left, if Man City grab him, his supply of goal getting opportunity will be seriously diluted.

With or without Cucurella the team under Potter has always created bags full of chances. It's the sticking the thing in the net that has been the problem.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Charming!

All I meant by boring was that the whole “watch him play for Stoke” jibe is getting a bit “fixtures” now but ok, you just carry on��
I’m sure someone finds it funny ��

Note that, in that reply, any reference to the point you raised -- about Stoke -- was studiously avoided.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Anyone know what's happening this season to our £8m signing from last summer, Sima?

Is it going to be another loan so we don't see him as an option until the 3rd year of his 4 year contract?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Anyone know what's happening this season to our £8m signing from last summer, Sima?

Is it going to be another loan so we don't see him as an option until the 3rd year of his 4 year contract?

Good question.

I’ve not seen him in the pre-season galleries but I’ve not been looking.

A season disrupted with some annoying injuries should not distract from his potential but another loan (to USG perhaps?) does seem like the obvious strategy with Welbeck, Maupay and now Undav all ahead of him.

There is also Zeqiri to sort.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Good question.

A season disrupted with some annoying injuries should not distract from his potential but another loan (to USG perhaps?) does seem like the obvious strategy with Welbeck, Maupay and now Undav all ahead of him.

Hope we get to see him sometime as £8m is a fair whack to pay out if we're not likely to see him until the 3rd year of his contract. At the time he signed I was quite excited about Sima but I wonder whether he will now be one of those players we never get to see in the stripes.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Charming!

All I meant by boring was that the whole “watch him play for Stoke” jibe is getting a bit “fixtures” now but ok, you just carry on��
I’m sure someone finds it funny ��
Yes - sure it's a sort of an NSC fixture...........along with:
"Can he play LB?"
"Has he singed yet?"
"My friends brother-in-law knows someone who's an xxxx fan, and they say he's shitehouse."
....and, for that matter, "Loan to USG!"

So, what's the problem?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How many players have we actually loaned to Stoke ? I can't be bothered to look it up, presumably the list is long ? ???

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good question.

For Sima last season was basically a right off, so he's starting this season back at square one, just where he was this time last year. I think a loan is inevitable. What did we pay for him? About £6M wasn't it? Too much to just write off. Somehow, despite all the 'welcome to Stoke!' type comments, I don't think Stoke will be too keen to take a loan from us this season - especially if the player they dropped (not a great move - after they did that they never recovered their early season form) gets sold to a Serie A team for several £M!

As for Zeqiri, my guess is that we'll probably be looking to move him on.

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

What makes you think he’s the real deal and going to perform in the PL? Playing German div 4 football part time and one decent season in Belgium, Trossard an obvious quality player scored 27 goals in Belgium and it’s took him 100 games to score 18.

Obviously we all want him to work out although isn’t it more of a punt signing than anything else?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Judging by the amount of chances Den missed on the live stream yesterday, if the Clapping Coach can't work his magic we could be booooooooooing this fella before the clocks go back.

How lush would that be?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Judging by the amount of chances Den missed on the live stream yesterday, if the Clapping Coach can't work his magic we could be booooooooooing this fella before the clocks go back.

How lush would that be?

Could you tell him apart from Maupay?! They look identical, have a propensity to miss sitters and I'm totally confused about the squad numbers in that game so I would just boo everyone to be safe!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Went on loan to Angers in France two weeks ago:

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2675887/abdallah-sima-heads-to-angers-on-loan

Scored in their 4-1 friendly win vs AS Saint-Etienne earlier this week:

https://senegal.detailzero.com/news...scorer-Angers-corrects-Saint-Etienne-4-1.html

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here