Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He looks like an older slighter slower Maupay to me in the albeit little I’ve seen him.
Cheap mind.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well, I'm pretty excited by this. A very Brighton signing and exactly the sort of backup OR complement to Maupay that we need. Takes the risk out of Welbz being out of contract at the end of the season and will probably allow us to properly consider the future of Connolly and the lad we loaned to Stoke.

I would have preferred him not to have been loaned back as we could use that strength up top right now. We are a Maupay red card and Welbeck injury from having to play a false nine with Trossard again. But, let's face it, we're not going down and USG could win the league.

Let's have no more criticism of the methods of Watford, Red Bull X or Friends Of Man City on here though. We've clearly joined them.

I’d put money on Tolaj being in the PL squad next season

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Brighton don't SING a striker: fans kicking off left, right and centre demanding that AT LEAST £30m should've been SPAFFED up the wall.

Brighton SING a striker: fans all like: 'he'll never play for us'; 'bargain basement option'; 'Tony Bloom looking after both his clubs to make more money for them'.

Some of you lot are REALLY hard work! :wozza: :dunce:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Looks a good signing. If we’d signed someone from the Championship with 18 goals in half a season, we’d be excited, and the standard seems similar.

Indeed - apparently we should have spent £30M on Ivan Toney who has 3 goals from open play this season (I think ?)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Well, I'm pretty excited by this. A very Brighton signing and exactly the sort of backup OR complement to Maupay that we need. Takes the risk out of Welbz being out of contract at the end of the season and will probably allow us to properly consider the future of Connolly and the lad we loaned to Stoke.

I would have preferred him not to have been loaned back as we could use that strength up top right now. We are a Maupay red card and Welbeck injury from having to play a false nine with Trossard again. But, let's face it, we're not going down and USG could win the league.

Let's have no more criticism of the methods of Watford, Red Bull X or Friends Of Man City on here though. We've clearly joined them.

Looks like competition for Maupay. But no way a replacement for ex Man U, Arse and England Welbeck.

We need his signature pronto imho. Give him 2 years.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Very happy with this signing.

Now we really need to get Welbeck and Maupay on longer contracts and we might be OK for strikers next season.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Indeed - apparently we should have spent £30M on Ivan Toney who has 3 goals from open play this season (I think ?)

And let's not forget his disco speng ???

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Looks like competition for Maupay. But no way a replacement for ex Man U, Arse and England Welbeck.

We need his signature pronto imho. Give him 2 years.

He's been very good since coming back from injury but he has had a LOT of injury and Maupay is still normally preferred by Potter. I'd try and give Welbeck another year because he's earned it overall but let's not expect to get that full year out of him. It's almost always true that injury prone players stay injury prone. It's the way their bodies are made.

Welbeck, by all accounts is a very good pro who really tries to look after himself but it's quite possible that his strings are tuned so tight they're easier to snap.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
He's been very good since coming back from injury but he has had a LOT of injury and Maupay is still normally preferred by Potter. I'd try and give Welbeck another year because he's earned it overall but let's not expect to get that full year out of him. It's almost always true that injury prone players stay injury prone. It's the way their bodies are made.

Welbeck, by all accounts is a very good pro who really tries to look after himself but it's quite possible that his strings are tuned so tight they're easier to snap.

Reports seem to suggest that the operation he had recently appears to have fixed the long term issue that be had. Let's hope so, as a fully fit Welbeck is a thing of beauty.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Jam tomorrow, but an exciting prospect !!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
He's been very good since coming back from injury but he has had a LOT of injury

Well he's been injured and out for a couple of brief spells but he's still made 33 PL appearances out of the 54 games he's been here for. And 9 goals.
Thats probably more than anyone expected.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but this is a great opportunity for a red and black away kit next season in honour of Dennis the Menace!

Hang on, I think I have seen this one somewhere else as well??
Gnasher Clearance.jpg

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
seems to of scored goals all his career ( all be it one season in L3 Germany)

Yes its noddy leagues but interesting if can step up.

Would be more exciting if had his stats and was 21.

He's had 1 season in a slightly lesser noddy league which at age 25 is a bit strange but May offer something

Worth the punt that it is

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
seems to of scored goals all his career ( all be it one season in L3 Germany)

Yes its noddy leagues but interesting if can step up.

Would be more exciting if had his stats and was 21.

He's had 1 season in a slightly lesser noddy league which at age 25 is a bit strange but May offer something

You could say the same I suppose of a bloke called Glenn Murray, who only scored goals in noddy leagues until he made his Premier League debut aged 29/30... he wasn't too bad. 25 is no age really for a striker....still developing. You don't get many Rooneys.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well he's been injured and out for a couple of brief spells but he's still made 33 PL appearances out of the 54 games he's been here for. And 9 goals.
Thats probably more than anyone expected.

The same figures tell you he's missed nearly 40% of those games :wink:

Let's hope the op has done the business though. A fit Danny Welbeck is still a very, very useful player. Personally I would still only give him one more year rather than two but I'm sure the club and him will come to an arrangement that suits everybody.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You could say the same I suppose of a bloke called Glenn Murray, who only scored goals in noddy leagues until he made his Premier League debut aged 29/30... he wasn't too bad. 25 is no age really for a striker....still developing. You don't get many Rooneys.

And even then Glenn Murray didn't even start scoring many goals until he was 24 and at Rochdale.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here