Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
He’ll never play for us... I strongly suspect he’ll stay on loan at USG after their CL place is confirmed, this is about ownership of an asset and his value will rocket if he scores a few CL goals. Makes much more sense, when you consider the alternative, playing as a third choice for a mid table PL club...)

Trying to understand the logic of a club owned by Tony Bloom signing a player from a club owned by Tony Bloom only to loan him back not temporarily but seemingly for the long term in hope that he will score goals in the Champion League to increase his value back to Brighton owned by Tony Bloom. So that er, they can sell him ? Is that what you think is happening here ?

(or is it simply as described - loaned back for 6 months - joins Graham Potter in the summer and like Trossard and Knockeart before - we'll see if he can replicate his success over there over here. )

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Trying to understand the logic of a club owned by Tony Bloom signing a player from a club owned by Tony Bloom only to loan him back not temporarily but seemingly for the long term in hope that he will score goals in the Champion League to increase his value back to Brighton owned by Tony Bloom. So that er, they can sell him ? Is that what you think is happening here ?

(or is it simply as described - loaned back for 6 months - joins Graham Potter in the summer and like Trossard and Knockeart before - we'll see if he can replicate his success over there over here. )

It’s about the asset value related P&L and the value to BHA in respect of this, Bloom won’t pocket the cash but his main business will benefit hugely from owning a CL player who could double in value almost overnight.

I could be wrong, but I’m just not loving the feel of this one.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well, I'm pretty excited by this. A very Brighton signing and exactly the sort of backup OR complement to Maupay that we need. Takes the risk out of Welbz being out of contract at the end of the season and will probably allow us to properly consider the future of Connolly and the lad we loaned to Stoke.

I would have preferred him not to have been loaned back as we could use that strength up top right now. We are a Maupay red card and Welbeck injury from having to play a false nine with Trossard again. But, let's face it, we're not going down and USG could win the league.

Let's have no more criticism of the methods of Watford, Red Bull X or Friends Of Man City on here though. We've clearly joined them.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It’s about the asset value related P&L and the value to BHA in respect of this, Bloom won’t pocket the cash but his main business will benefit hugely from owning a CL player who could double in value almost overnight.

Looks very similar to Maupay and ideal competition/back-up for him next season.

I’d really like someone similar to Welbz now seeing as he spends half the season injured but is our best striker when he plays. Still 3.5hrs to go. [emoji1695]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In fact, signing a red hot, but fairly unknown striker on deadline day and loaning him straight back is as Brighton a thing as Tuaca shots, Fatboy Slim mixes or popup vegan tattooists.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

USG will probably get knocked out before even making the group stages of the CL, i wouldn't overplay its significance

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Perhaps - and forgive me for not over complicating it - Brighton think they will benefit from owning a Premier League player who - presumably based on their scouting, analysis - they confidently hope, with Potter's help, to turn into a prolific PL goalscorer.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Meanwhile bha waste another window not buying the glaring obvious oh well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes because we're in such a bad place with our current strategy aren't we?!

Exciting and logical looking signing. Looking forward to seeing how he does for the rest of this season in hopefully winning USG the title and then seeing him in the stripes next season.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Perhaps - and forgive me for not over complicating it - Brighton think they will benefit from owning a Premier League player who - presumably based on their scouting, analysis - they confidently hope, with Potter's help, to turn into a prolific PL goalscorer.

By God I hope you’re right, I really do.

But sometimes naivety comes before a fall... it’ll be interesting to see how this pans out, i’ll be watching with interest ... hat at the ready.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I wonder if USG will now sign someone to help them with their title run in ???
They get to keep their man for the rest of the season have funds to strengthen!
Win win for them
They signed a striker on loan a few days ago.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I wonder if USG will now sign someone to help them with their title run in ???
They get to keep their man for the rest of the season have funds to strengthen!
Win win for them

Depending on how well they do for rest of season and pre season. Maybe one of Connolly, Zeqiri or Sima might benefit from a season there. Top end of Belgian league and CL football would be decent level for any of those lads and they cant all be in the Albion first team.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Plus safety net if we can’t get Maupay a new deal ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well, I'm pretty excited by this. A very Brighton signing and exactly the sort of backup OR complement to Maupay that we need. Takes the risk out of Welbz being out of contract at the end of the season and will probably allow us to properly consider the future of Connolly and the lad we loaned to Stoke.

I would have preferred him not to have been loaned back as we could use that strength up top right now. We are a Maupay red card and Welbeck injury from having to play a false nine with Trossard again. But, let's face it, we're not going down and USG could win the league.

Let's have no more criticism of the methods of Watford, Red Bull X or Friends Of Man City on here though. We've clearly joined them.

The only free scoring Belgium import we really have to compare is Aleksandar Mitrović. Rarely does anything come, or come good, from there up front in the EPL. I think he's a back up really.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Has scored goals in a good league so lets hope can do the same with us. Still seems strange to me that basically Bloom is paying himself to get him in.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Has scored goals in a good league so lets hope can do the same with us. Still seems strange to me that basically Bloom is paying himself to get him in.

He’s not paying himself as he’s not taking any money out. Just means he probably needs to put £6M less into USG next season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here