Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Demo in Brighton yesterday

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
:lolol: you really are a cock of the first order, you wouldnt dare say to peoples faces some of the things you post on here ? and i cant believe you used the word ' cops ' being aggressive in the other post , why not go the whole hog and start calling them the fuzz , you suburban wannabe:lolol:

Who rattled your cage? If the occasion required it, I like to think I would tell someone face-2-face to man up a bit, but maybe not the rozzers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thank you PMB, with the responses that some of these dins have been coming back with, I was beginning to think I was dreaming about yesterdays events. Then its trying to play with words about Albions protests. Prepare yourself for being called a drama queen and for your son to grow up. Of all the responders only1 other appears to have been in the area but seem to have some kind of concise recollection as to what happened. Quite amazing

Man up, not grow up.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
I wondered why there were so many dick heads in town on Saturday.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
If the occasion required it, I like to think I would tell someone face-2-face to man up a bit,
No you wouldn't, you're a coward, from newhaven, who hides behind a pc monitor and keyboard likes to pretend to be a bit sophisticated and worldly, but let himself down badly on one thread by revealing how trendy he thought that magnet for yokels and out of towners camden was :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No you wouldn't, you're a coward, from newhaven, who hides behind a pc monitor and keyboard likes to pretend to be a bit sophisticated and worldly, but let himself down badly on one thread by revealing how trendy he thought that magnet for yokels and out of towners camden was

Oh, here we go again. Collating stuff from these pages to try and give the impression that you know who I am, or you have an acquaintance who knows me. You do not. You know some distant people I have a connection with but nothing else. So please do not pretend.

And as for Camden, it was great....but I have not lived there for a long long time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No you wouldn't, you're a coward, from newhaven, who hides behind a pc monitor and keyboard likes to pretend to be a bit sophisticated and worldly, but let himself down badly on one thread by revealing how trendy he thought that magnet for yokels and out of towners camden was :lolol:

And what are you then? An unsophisticated narrow minded bitter fool. And I was oh so correct about your job being the only item which defines you and the only item which gives you any currency in this world.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I might get slayed for the things I say on here, but I never start a binfest and I appologize for really silly, ill thought out comments! :lolol:

Different tact: Thursday we're "shutting down London", then 11th apparantly will contain a protest too. I'm not too sure about this though. There is a chance that the 9th will dictate how the 11th goes. However as per usual, i've booked my self a christmas shift on the 11th which is bitter sweet since I've missed two days of college to protest, i've missed two protests now, i'm debating about the 9th and will miss the 11th.

Does anyone actually sympathise with the moderate students? (not with me maybe, and some of the things I say but i'm only 1 of a large number of moderate students).

:tryingtostopabinfestsmilie:

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Your comments about violent police is also completely at odds with what I witnessed. Were you there? I was with my children who were understandably very scared and we fled to the relative safety of the North Laines pretty sharpish.

No I wasn't there, but I'm taking the right wing media's word for things (the slightly-right-of-Tebbit Argus' live blog) and I'm a little confused as to how 50 protestors and 70 police officers focused on a specific location on Western Road caused such a big disturbance to your day. Unless of course you're the sort of rubber-necking cretin who had to have a better look (NB I'm not saying you are) and dragged your poor kids in towards the fray rather than immediately went elsewhere. Either way, the fact you ended up having to do your shopping in the North Laine (heads up, there's no 's', only the stoopid DFL tourists add one) rather than Western Road is in itself a victory for the protest. The former being full of small independent stores run by largely local and largely ethical individuals who could do with your money in these financially straightened times; the latter being full of sweatshop-supplied billionaire-owned tax-avoiding multinationals whose bosses deserve nothing more than a good shoeing imho. I'm glad the protestors forced you to go where the decent (in every sense of the word) shops are.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I might get slayed for the things I say on here, but I never start a binfest and I appologize for really silly, ill thought out comments! :lolol:

Different tact: Thursday we're "shutting down London", then 11th apparantly will contain a protest too. I'm not too sure about this though. There is a chance that the 9th will dictate how the 11th goes. However as per usual, i've booked my self a christmas shift on the 11th which is bitter sweet since I've missed two days of college to protest, i've missed two protests now, i'm debating about the 9th and will miss the 11th.

Does anyone actually sympathise with the moderate students? (not with me maybe, and some of the things I say but i'm only 1 of a large number of moderate students).

:tryingtostopabinfestsmilie:

I'm working in London this week, I don't mind a protest as long as it doesn't affect me. However if anybody gets in my face they will regret it. It's no problem to make your opinions heard as long as you respect others. It does seem that having a protest which was quite clearly not peaceful on a Saturday before Christmas is provocative, obviously many families would be out and about. At least the students have theirs during the week. (Of course it had nothing to do with them skipping lectures and having the weekends to get pissed or stoned or both).

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
No I wasn't there, but I'm taking the right wing media's word for things (the slightly-right-of-Tebbit Argus' live blog) and I'm a little confused as to how 50 protestors and 70 police officers focused on a specific location on Western Road caused such a big disturbance to your day. Unless of course you're the sort of rubber-necking cretin who had to have a better look (NB I'm not saying you are) and dragged your poor kids in towards the fray rather than immediately went elsewhere. Either way, the fact you ended up having to do your shopping in the North Laine (heads up, there's no 's', only the stoopid DFL tourists add one) rather than Western Road is in itself a victory for the protest. The former being full of small independent stores run by largely local and largely ethical individuals who could do with your money in these financially straightened times; the latter being full of sweatshop-supplied billionaire-owned tax-avoiding multinationals whose bosses deserve nothing more than a good shoeing imho. I'm glad the protestors forced you to go where the decent (in every sense of the word) shops are.

You weren't there and yet you assume that the media have exaggerated. Funny how people on here who were there seem to agree with the media.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
You weren't there and yet you assume that the media have exaggerated. Funny how people on here who were there seem to agree with the media.

Eh?????? The exact opposite. As I wasn't there, I'm basing everything on the Argus' coverage, particularly (as I make quite clear) their live blog, and I'm taking it as gospel. The figures of 50 protestors, 70 police; largely peaceful protest (apart from one violent protestor who got arrested); the police congratulating their protestors on their bravery, etc etc, is all from the Argus' online coverage. Where do I accuse them of exagerrating and if so, how and in whose direction/benefit? I'm not aware I have done any such thing, merely pointing out that even a known right wing medium didn't see anything like what some of the people on here have claimed occurred. The usual "soap-dodgers" jibes punctuating the claims there was some rampaging mob biting the heads off babies tells you all you need to know. The sad thing is these exact same people will be marching/protesting side-by-side with the "soap-dodgers" on March 26th, they're just too kowtowed, neutered and blinkered to realise it right now.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Eh?????? The exact opposite. As I wasn't there, I'm basing everything on the Argus' coverage, particularly (as I make quite clear) their live blog, and I'm taking it as gospel. The figures of 50 protestors, 70 police; largely peaceful protest (apart from one violent protestor who got arrested); the police congratulating their protestors on their bravery, etc etc, is all from the Argus' online coverage. Where do I accuse them of exagerrating and if so, how and in whose direction/benefit? I'm not aware I have done any such thing, merely pointing out that even a known right wing medium didn't see anything like what some of the people on here have claimed occurred. The usual "soap-dodgers" jibes punctuating the claims there was some rampaging mob biting the heads off babies tells you all you need to know. The sad thing is these exact same people will be marching/protesting side-by-side with the "soap-dodgers" on March 26th, they're just too kowtowed, neutered and blinkered to realise it right now.

I'm basing my views on those who posted on here, you cannot deny that the timing of this march wasn't provocative. Why not have it earlier in the year when these revelations came out ? There can be no doubt that it was held to cause disruption and inconvenience hence it's hard to empathise despite the fact that is is a just cause.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I'm basing my views on those who posted on here, you cannot deny that the timing of this march wasn't provocative. Why not have it earlier in the year when these revelations came out ? There can be no doubt that it was held to cause disruption and inconvenience hence it's hard to empathise despite the fact that is is a just cause.

So essentially, your only problem with the protest is that it got in the way of your Christmas shopping? Blimey, and I thought the denizens of the Swan in Falmer village were the self-centered ones...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here