Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Demo in Brighton yesterday

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
You were clearly not in the West Stand for the abandoned York game then were you? The scene around the tunnel area was anything but peaceful.

I certainly was at the game, South Stand in fact and even then I was disappointed with the actions that awful day, played right into the hands of Archer & Bellotti if you ask me!! That wasn't a protest about Falmer though which you well know and seem to be alluding to, which once again was the point I made in an earlier post. When we protested it was peaceful, no riot police, police dogs, helicopters etc. That was and always was the ethics of our fight for falmer, by means of "peaceful protest"

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Probaly because hes a bigot

In true NSC style, I'm shot down for daring to have an opinion, and given the fact 2 protests in one week have proved inconvenient to myself, its the fact that my son was scared out of his wits whilst we were trying to do some Christmas shopping. Still you would appear to condone this. Next time I will take it into my hands if it happens again, its not easy taking your young son home back to his mother in an emotional state.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
A weegie is someone from Glasgow, Scotland. Weegies are the scum of the earth who have no jobs and don't know what a bar of soap is. they have never had a wash and are scared of water. They are all inbred and there father and mother are sister and brother. Weegies have no money and are all on the dole. they collect there giro every week to buy there smack and buckie and then occasionaly go and gloryhunt by watching either Glasgow Rangers or Celtic on a saturday but dont know anything about the team. Weegies are scum of the earth.
"Feed the weegies, let them know it's christmas time"

"You are a weegie, a smelly weegie, your only happy on giro day. Yer ma's stealer, yer dad's a dealer, so please dont take my hub caps away"

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I certainly was at the game, South Stand in fact and even then I was disappointed with the actions that awful day, played right into the hands of Archer & Bellotti if you ask me!! That wasn't a protest about Falmer though which you well know and seem to be alluding to, which once again was the point I made in an earlier post. When we protested it was peaceful, no riot police, police dogs, helicopters etc. That was and always was the ethics of our fight for falmer, by means of "peaceful protest"

No, it clearly was not about Falmer....but it was an Albion protest. But I have a point, being that not all Albion protests were peaceful.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
It was a National Day of Action which resulted in the temporary closure of dozens of Top Shops, Vodaphones, BHSes, etc across the country. Nothing specific to Brighton, you would have seen similar in the High Streets of any major UK city on Saturday. It was widely publicised on the internet, so anyone worried about their children having to watch violent police officers attack peaceful protestors would have been well advised to avoid Western Road on the day anyway. The majority of those on the demo were (based on what I've read on Twitter feeds, press interviews, etc) in full time employment. The area's Member of Parliament said the only reason she didn't take part herself was that she was at another protest (re climate change) in London at the time. Hardly the soap-dodging doley stereotype you so enjoy blaming things on.

I think if you look through my posts at no time have I condoned tax evasion by these organisations, my initial point was clear, if you want to protest and cause major disruption then please go do it outside these companies HQ's. Just one final point, the vision of the people who were on the demo based on what you read

Whilst you might think it's OK for Vodaphone to dodge £7 billion in tax and Top Shop's owner to give his wife a tax-free £1.2 billion bonus, I think you'll find a lot of people don't. The demos (on any manner of issues) are just going to keep building in the run up to the big one on March 26th. People like you would be well-advised to buy a tin hat, stockpile tinned food and hide under your beds until the summer.

Fat Addick, I know all the background to these protests and if you look at my previous posts at no time have I condoned these companies tax evasion tactics. I was there, you clearly were not. I saw these protesters and can assure you they were not of the description that you READ about

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It was widely publicised on the internet, so anyone worried about their children having to watch violent police officers attack peaceful protestors would have been well advised to avoid Western Road on the day anyway.

what a load of bollocks there are plenty of people in this country that dont have internet usage, the majority of which are those mums and kids you reckon should know to avoid any protests. I find it funny that there are plenty of "poor" students who still seem to be in the queue when the latest expensive gadget is on sale at the Apple store yet whinge and whine because there are no student season tickets as the poor dears cannot afford another £20 a month, but still as long as they can log in and chat to their friends on facebook 24 hours a day they must have a point.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fat Addick, I know all the background to these protests and if you look at my previous posts at no time have I condoned these companies tax evasion tactics. I was there, you clearly were not. I saw these protesters and can assure you they were not of the description that you READ about

My missus saw them and she thought the protests were funny if anything....I mean...folk supergluing themselves to the insides of shop windows. There was a bit of argy-bargy here and there, cops being aggressive. At no time did she feel threatened or unsafe. Maybe she did not see everything, maybe there are some drama queens on this thread. I certainly think this when posters start mentioning their children.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just leave us in peace to go about our day with our children without the stink of hatred and fear in OUR City and reducing them to tears.

You and your children should man up a bit, you drama queen.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
No, it clearly was not about Falmer....but it was an Albion protest. But I have a point, being that not all Albion protests were peaceful.

Just stating The Facts, hence your argument seems a little silly. Splitting hairs you say. Re-read the first sentence, it couldnt be clearer "I didnt agree with those actions during the match against York but stress again that all Albion demo's have been peaceful and dignified, cumulating with the set-up of Fans United.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"I didnt agree with those actions during the match against York but stress again that all Albion demo's have been peaceful and dignified, cumulating with the set-up of Fans United.

But you appear to contradict yourself in this sentence. The York demo/abandonment was not all peaceful.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You clearly are a complete t*^"er. :tosser::tosser: Obviously don't have children I take it

Irrelevant, you dont need children to spot a drama queen.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It was widely publicised on the internet, so anyone worried about their children having to watch violent police officers attack peaceful protestors would have been well advised to avoid Western Road on the day anyway..

Absolute nonsense, I'm afraid. Saturday morning at 11.30 around Churchill Sq was packed with families out Christmas shopping. They, like me, knew nothing about the planned demo and the demo organisers were very quiet around town beforehand so there was effectively no warning. When the demo occurred, it turned nasty very quickly with a large proportion of the demonstrators clearly 'up' for a bit of aggro.

Your comments about violent police is also completely at odds with what I witnessed. Were you there? I was with my children who were understandably very scared and we fled to the relative safety of the North Laines pretty sharpish. Not before these 'peaceful' protestors had started to cause damage and genuinely scare many people.

I don't have strong views, one way or the other on what the demonstration was about but you really need to get your head out of the sand about the criminal intentions of a large minority of these protestors and the negative effect on the support for your struggle with the damage to property and our right to go about our Christmas shopping without some fucker with his face covered nearly knocking over my 8 year old as he rushes to attack the Vodafone shop.

Seriously, who the hell are you lot to declare Western Road a no-go zone, on one of the last Saturdays before Christmas?

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Absolute nonsense, I'm afraid. Saturday morning at 11.30 around Churchill Sq was packed with families out Christmas shopping. They, like me, knew nothing about the planned demo and the demo organisers were very quiet around town beforehand so there was effectively no warning. When the demo occurred, it turned nasty very quickly with a large proportion of the demonstrators clearly 'up' for a bit of aggro.

Your comments about violent police is also completely at odds with what I witnessed. Were you there? I was with my children who were understandably very scared and we fled to the relative safety of the North Laines pretty sharpish. Not before these 'peaceful' protestors had started to cause damage and genuinely scare many people.

I don't have strong views, one way or the other on what the demonstration was about but you really need to get your head out of the sand about the criminal intentions of a large minority of these protestors and the negative effect on the support for your struggle with the damage to property and our right to go about our Christmas shopping without some fucker with his face covered nearly knocking over my 8 year old as he rushes to attack the Vodafone shop.

Seriously, who the hell are you lot to declare Western Road a no-go zone, on one of the last Saturdays before Christmas?

Thank you PMB, with the responses that some of these dins have been coming back with, I was beginning to think I was dreaming about yesterdays events. Then its trying to play with words about Albions protests. Prepare yourself for being called a drama queen and for your son to grow up. Of all the responders only1 other appears to have been in the area but seem to have some kind of concise recollection as to what happened. Quite amazing

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
You and your children should man up a bit, you drama queen.
:lolol: you really are a cock of the first order, you wouldnt dare say to peoples faces some of the things you post on here ? and i cant believe you used the word ' cops ' being aggressive in the other post , why not go the whole hog and start calling them the fuzz , you suburban wannabe:lolol:

Last edited:

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
why thanks,your choice of football team is crap

Eh, now your saying BHA are crap lol....lived here since I was 10 and consider myself a Brightonian more than anything else. But like all things never forget your roots. They are both my teams and thats it, feck the premiership glory hunters

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here