Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Demo in Brighton yesterday

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
very good debate everyone, and I really do mean that. Problem is it didnt quite answer my main concern as to why these protesters feel they have the right to scare normal families on a Saturday afternoon just before Christmas without prior warning that it was taking place. Seems strange that the one or two posters who were referring to Argus blogs and yet have gone strangely quiet since today's issue.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If anyone thought that scary on saturday and worried for their children, then dont ever ever think about taking those kids to an away match at anytime. Rough folk pushing and shoving tchh.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Really?

Here's what the noble defenders of our right to protest did according to an Argus reader:

Tracey, BRIGHTON says...
1:08pm Mon 6 Dec 10

Any idea when the next protest is?
only i have an outside fruit stall in Western Road which students wrecked and stole from, more worrying was the fact my 10 year old daughter was there when it happened and she was terrified. She is with me after school at the stall.

Brighton protest could cost Sussex Police six figure sum From The Argus)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The problem we have or potentially have is that people in the UK aren't really prepared to take these jobs on, though maybe as the following months go on they may well reconsider this

Interesting point you raise. Swansea was chosen for Virgin's call centres, and the people there are prepared to take the jobs on and apply themselves. The difference between the attitudes of the welsh and those with similar roles at Virgin's base in Crawley is vast...apparently.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
very good debate everyone, and I really do mean that. Problem is it didnt quite answer my main concern as to why these protesters feel they have the right to scare normal families on a Saturday afternoon just before Christmas without prior warning that it was taking place. Seems strange that the one or two posters who were referring to Argus blogs and yet have gone strangely quiet since today's issue.

Everyone seems to have been on the chill pills tonight.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
If anyone thought that scary on saturday and worried for their children, then dont ever ever think about taking those kids to an away match at anytime. Rough folk pushing and shoving tchh.

Questions, I may be wrong but you appear to be coming into this argument at a very late stage. You clearly haven't got a clue when it comes to kids. When I take my son to football, its an informed decision. Scroll back a few pages of threads on this board and you will see a message left by a Millwall fan now living down here whose kids have become Albion fans.

After welcoming them on board as everyone on the thread did, i recalled our visit to Millwall beforehand when we visited on boxing day a few seasons ago, stuffed 3-0 Alexander hat-trick I recall. The area not noted for the finest eateries we ventured into one of those foodie pub places similar to the Sportsman where it was full of Millwall fans. We didnt have anything to indicate we were Albion supporters on, or so I thought until my son took his jacket off to reveal in all its glory, his Brighton shirt. My initial reaction was oh no, but they couldnt have treated us better. plenty of banter and by the time we left he had close to £90 that had been given to him by various supporters there. in fact I even wrote to Millwall to thank the people we met that day which I understand was published in a later programme. If you look for trouble anywhere, you will find it. I have no fears taking my son to the football home or away because typically I know where most hot spots can occur at most grounds. The focus of this argument is we had no prior warning that our city was to be turned into some sort of battleground for the 3rd time in 2 weeks at the weekend

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Really?

Here's what the noble defenders of our right to protest did according to an Argus reader:

Tracey, BRIGHTON says...
1:08pm Mon 6 Dec 10

Any idea when the next protest is?
only i have an outside fruit stall in Western Road which students wrecked and stole from, more worrying was the fact my 10 year old daughter was there when it happened and she was terrified. She is with me after school at the stall.

Brighton protest could cost Sussex Police six figure sum From The Argus)

JDDS- Thanks for your input, we seem to have a lot of people with opinions who WERE NOT there, dont appear to have children either hence they dont understand our anger

That M'Lord rests my case, its in the paper, people have commented on it in the paper as well and there we have a 10 year old girl petrified as she watches her mothers fruit & veg stall be pilfered and wrecked.....suppose the earlier poster Was not Was I think, should tell the mother to woman her up. Or you could always ask her for details of her off-shore bank account

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here