Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Gus - we love the style of football

nawtygully

Aug 6, 2010
i was at the game yesterday with my daughter we came down from leics and we both love the way gus has us playing ignore the uneducated fools they know not what they say gus is god

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Gusta-la-vista baby!

What was that old Julius Caesar quote? "If god had meant football to be played in the air he'd have laid grass in the sky."

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Count me in too. Best football for years and the only way we are going to build a team which can compete at the next level. The moaners should all fxxx of and watch Colchester.

Bagpuss

Sep 27, 2010
This is my first post on here so hello all!

I was originally going to post on one of the winger threads but thankfully this thread is much more worthwhile!

Sadly, I have not been able to watch the Albion since Gus took over, yesterday I was fortunate enough to witness how far the team have come in such a short time. The way they play is a joy to watch, every one of them looks comfortable on the ball and seem to have a sense of what they are trying to achieve. I find it astonishing that people could complain about how we are playing/performing, maybe they have very short memories, maybe watching week in/week out they can't clearly see how much we have improved.

I can understand people's frustration at the result or even at the team not making the most of all the opportunities they are creating but, my god, do we really want to go back to the boring clueless football of recent years?

We are not the finished product and for me the progress that has been made under Gus, both in terms of results and entertainment have far exceeded my expectations in such a short period of time.

Long may it continue, in my humble opinion I think Gus will lead us to promotion this year, I think he is well aware of where further progress needs to be made and is the man to continue the development of this team. Even if we don't achieve promotion I sincerely hope he stays for as long as we can keep him.

It's a pleasure to have Gus in charge and to see what he has achieved and to look forward to what he can achieve in future. I have not felt so optimistic about the Albion's future for a very long time.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Keep up the patience football Gus :thumbsup:

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
if you disagree with the substance of this thread you can still go to football - Russell Slade is in charge of Leyton Orient FC, about 90 mins drive from Brighton, good luck.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Wasn't there yesterday, but love the way he has us playing. Anyone who can't see that his way is superior to the "hoofball", smash and grab style has clearly never played the game. Anyone who has understands how much more difficult it is to play against a side who keep the ball for long periods of time, and (crucially) how important it is to wait for the right pass.

Keep it going Gustavo, I love the style you play and I know the majority of Albion fans do too!

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
The moaners are pea brains! We are top of the league, playing good passing football, with one of the best managers, A new stadium under a season away, when was life being an albion fan been so great.

In Gus I trust. Big time!

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
There's more football knowledge in Gus' little fingernail than there is in the fat bloated bodies of some of these hoofball-loving twats.

Gus is the man. Life is good.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've sat there and done the sarcasm.
Now the next dolt who starts moaning to "get it forward" is going to get an absolute GOBFULL.

f***ing sick of it, and the fact that Gus has picked up on this minority of pricks just depresses and embarrasses the hell out of me.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
If everyone is saying how pleased we are the the passing game, who the hell were the moaners on saturday??

The vocal minority.

Here's our chance to let Gus know what the rest of us think about his brand of football. As others have said - bloody embarassing (and unsettling) that the manager of the month - our genius driver of the Gus Bus - feels compelled to mention the buffoons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here