Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Gus - we love the style of football

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Count me in plus the the rest of the F-Troop. And if the moaners want to start something I will show them my bare buttocks so I will.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
This is a great time for the club. We are lucky to have Gus as our manager who has got us playing some of the best football in years. Long may it continue.

:albion1:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Agreed. I don't remember ever hearing so much moaning as this season, though it's largely the new bloke in front of me. We're top of the league FFS - and we've got there by playing like this. So why the hell do you want us to play differently? Even Elphick's passing was excellent yesterday.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
agreed 1million per cent. Gus, whatever you're doing - keep doing it please!
Any chance of making this a sticky for a while? I think it's important that Gus knows we appreciate the style of play.
If the quote in the NOTW is anything to go by, he needs to know how the majority of us fans feel.
NOTW quote - Meanwhile,Poyet hit back at whingeing fans who wanted his side to adopt the long ball,saying " if they want that,they need another manager "
No Gus we don't want another manager,you're doing just fine thankyou

Last edited:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
This the best football we have seen at the Withdean in years. Going to watch the Albion is joy not a chore at the moment, long may it continue. Keep up the good work Gus!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It's time to shout louder than the morons.

Don't listen to a few loud mouths Gus-the majority are enjoying watching a winning team.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Agreed as Phil Spencer and Kirsty Allsop always say when following the Albion , "Possession , Possession , Possession"

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
me love the tiki-taka

[yt]LS1TgoF8htg[/yt]

The thing is that Barca's style didn't happen overnight, it has taken years to get to that level. Cruyff introduced the style 20 years ago and I think he still has some involvement there as an adviser, as he does at Ajax. The whole club has followed the Cruyff system ever since, all managers have to continue the style, so it is no surpise they are so good at "tiki-taka"

Gus has had just a few months in charge and we are moving in the right direction, but for the passing system to work at it's best you need the right players and we are a long way from that at the moment. As a country we are good at producing the traditional English stopper centre half, but you can probably count on one had the number of defenders who can carry the ball and pass incisively. If Gus stays with us long enough and future managers are encouraged to continue his style, then we may be getting somewhere.

The problem is that clubs often need a quick fix when things are not going well and all the good intentions get forgotten. W neet to be patient and over the next 10 years, the Board needs to be strong enough to allow Gus's vision for our club to become a reality.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
100% AGREE. there were two moves yesterday that involved 6 passes inside 10 seconds and covered about 60yds. If Arsenal had done it the commentators would have been creaming themselves. Keep up the class and we will certainly both gain new supporters and get promoted.

TNBA

TTF

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
The thing is that Barca's style didn't happen overnight, it has taken years to get to that level. Cruyff introduced the style 20 years ago and I think he still has some involvement there as an adviser, as he does at Ajax. The whole club has followed the Cruyff system ever since, all managers have to continue the style, so it is no surpise they are so good at "tiki-taka"

Gus has had just a few months in charge and we are moving in the right direction, but for the passing system to work at it's best you need the right players and we are a long way from that at the moment. As a country we are good at producing the traditional English stopper centre half, but you can probably count on one had the number of defenders who can carry the ball and pass incisively. If Gus stays with us long enough and future managers are encouraged to continue his style, then we may be getting somewhere.

The problem is that clubs often need a quick fix when things are not going well and all the good intentions get forgotten. W neet to be patient and over the next 10 years, the Board needs to be strong enough to allow Gus's vision for our club to become a reality.

yeah, it was just a video of tiki-taka football that I quickly searched up on youtube.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here