Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Gus - we love the style of football

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
And what did we do in the last 60 seconds? Tippy tap it around on the left wing in the middle of the park when a hoof into the opposition goalmouth was required! A completely wasted last opportunity to get a winner.

It's a work in progress. And that's got us to the top of the league after a quarter of the season.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I celebrated my 33rd anniversary of my first Albion game last Friday, and I think this is one of the most, if not the most, exciting times to have been an Albion supporter. The future looks very very rosy.

So, 33 years ago was 1977. Now, whilst I agree these are exciting times with a new stadium virtually here, it doesn't yet eclispse those first 4 years of Mullery's reign with the attacking play we had which blitzed most teams that visited the Goldstone (until of course the last year where we suffered at the hands of Arsenal and the like).

Add to that a packed Goldstone with a terrific atmosphere.

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
Dear Gus - you can't hear the admiration coming from the majority of fans for the style of play you have introduced at Brighton & Hove Albion. But the following want you to know that we LOVE IT. Thank you.

[Let Gus know that the vast majority of fans love what he is doing at the club and that he should ignore the few big mouth football cavemen that bellow from the terrace. Add you support to this thread. The Club do read NSC!]

:thumbsup:GREAT TEAM, GREAT MANAGER, GREAT FEELING AT THE TOP :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, 33 years ago was 1977. Now, whilst I agree these are exciting times with a new stadium virtually here, it doesn't yet eclispse those first 4 years of Mullery's reign with the attacking play we had which blitzed most teams that visited the Goldstone (until of course the last year where we suffered at the hands of Arsenal and the like).

Add to that a packed Goldstone with a terrific atmosphere.

Yup, I was there for the season when we finished 4th after the Soton/Spurs stitch up, I was at Newcastle, Wembley twice and the first division years. And yes it was bloody exciting, especially for a 9 year old. But, I think these are also very exciting times. I guess it depends on what you define as exciting. I'm basing my feelings and thoughts on the anticipation, expectation of what is to come. We have one of the best grounds outside the Prem about to open (not the biggest but one of the best), and I really feel we are in a position to establish ourselves as a genuine force in the second tier. Something we have never really done before. We will be debt free (I think), will not have to pay a mortgage to anyone, great ground, have a great manager playing great football etc etc. I think the Bloom years will be prove very fruitful. This is all, but I can see where you're coming from though.

robbyford182

Dec 19, 2008
signed, Listened to the game on the radio and some moron in the back ground was screaming FORWARD, FORWARD!!!

Idiots

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yup, I was there for the season when we finished 4th after the Soton/Spurs stitch up, I was at Newcastle, Wembley twice and the first division years. And yes it was bloody exciting, especially for a 9 year old. But, I think these are also very exciting times. I guess it depends on what you define as exciting. I'm basing my feelings and thoughts on the anticipation, expectation of what is to come. We have one of the best grounds outside the Prem about to open (not the biggest but one of the best), and I really feel we are in a position to establish ourselves as a genuine force in the second tier. Something we have never really done before. We will be debt free (I think), will not have to pay a mortgage to anyone, great ground, have a great manager playing great football etc etc. I think the Bloom years will be prove very fruitful. This is all, but I can see where you're coming from though.

Don't get me wrong, these are exciting times but my first full season was the one before yours with Ward at his best and that for me will take some surpassing.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Ignore the get along gang Gus (North stand chat not so likely lads) a lot of the people that asking for the long ball also i bet didnt appreciate it when we years back played purely long ball and got no success from. Or maybe they just like sound of own voices.
Still bugs me that a lot of this fans at home sing songs as well and when other fans try and join in they start singing a new song, yeah great way to build atmosphere, i swear these minority when we move to Falmer will go and support another team and take the moaning and babyish comments see on this site, its like school ground stuff a lot of the time.
The reason i feel these fans will go elsewhere is at Withdean they can be heard by people but at Falmer they wont, i sometimes think they not here for the club but for a little bum chat and ego boast.
I think if we not careful we could push Poyet away from the club, this is the 1st sign that he is not happy and to make comments to the press shows must be winding him up that much.
I hope these fans who booed or making stupid comments happy with themselves.
Plonkers.
I will be showing my support to Gus if get a chance when goto Charlton, Yeovil and Peterboro games.

Cheffy

Jan 12, 2010
In Gus we trust! Great football Gus, keep it going. Don't let the idiots that only know pub side football get you down! Let them go and watch Palace.:bowdown:

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Of course. Even on TV, the game on Saturday looked a far cry from last season; football has become enjoyable to watch again!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Loving how we're playing at the moment. Gus is re-educating the team and us supporters, the famed 'work in progress'.

For the people not liking it, we'll you'd better get used to it for the next four years at least!

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Signed. Was at the game and could not believe the moaning whcih was going on.

Its like they don't want to win! Madness!

Stick to what you do best GUS!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here