Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Gus - we love the style of football

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Conspicuous by their absence, quite clearly.

But they'll be buzzing on here like flies around shit at the first hint of a misplaced pass costing us. You can guarantee it.

One Robbie Reinelt

Forever Brighton
Feb 28, 2009
With Gus in charge, & hopefully the addition of a genuine goalscorer, this great club of ours will get promoted this year.
Let's get behind Gus & the boys vocally & let them know we're loving what we're seeing this season & drown out those morons who want hoofball.
It's embarrassing listening to the boos when we pass it around the back & Gus must wonder why he bothers at times - FFS, we're top of the league & have just got both the manager & player of the month awards!
I love this club, I love the way we're playing football at the moment & I LOVE GUS (he is most definately the man).
With Falmer on the way, & the real possibility of Championship football, it's a great time to be supporting the Albion - let's enjoy it!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Add me to this, brilliant to watch and very refreshing! Keep it up!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I can see a few rows on the terraces starting over the next few weeks.

Managed to shut someone up a couple of weeks ago who was sitting next to me moaning (we were 1-0 up at the time), by clapping the passing triangles and making positives comments to drown out his rubbish.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Love it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This thread is full of people who know WHY we're top. It's quality football and a joy to watch. Loving it, Gus. :thumbsup:

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I'm going to the Yeovil match in the mood for an argument with any of the miserable bores who grumble about our magic passing game.
I wonder if they sit at home moaning at Arsenal or Barcelona on the telly ordering them to lump it forward?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Pass, Pass, Pass and Pass some more is the way to go.

Anyone who thinks otherwise knows nothing about Football

Thankyou GUS for giving me more pleasure with our style of football in the last year than i have in the last 20.

GUS i love you

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
maybe we can help a bit a bit with with some vocals like " aaaaah -OLE, aaaah -OLE ! with gradually increasing crescendo... Just a thought.
Agreed. Especially if the ball is working around the triangle of El Abd, Elphick and Ankergren. I'd far rather see us keeping the ball and working an opening - even if it takes 5 minutes - than just hoofing it up field as we did when Adams and Slade were here. Maybe an 'OLE' campaign is needed?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Anybody who think this team hasnt progressed under Gus's style of football need to find themselves another team. Totally agree with everything said here and as so many of us are unable to cross the seas to get into games we rely on the faithful at the Withdeam to stamp out the naysayers.

And when I saw stamp I mean STAMP!

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Is it worth starting a "Shout Down an Idiot Pledge" thread, where everyone pledges to shout down an idiot/drown out an idiot/sarcasm an idiot to death next time they encounter one? I know it sounds a bit pompous, but it if it makes a difference then I think it is worth it. I exist in a perpetual state of terror that Gus may leave at any point - this moaning could precipitate it.

I am not a fan of the phrase "silent majority" (because it is usually used by racist idiots), however, given the clearly abundant level of support for our passing style on here, it would appear that the idiots represent a minority, and that if we drown them out they will start to shut the f*** up.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well I for one would LOVE to have Adams, White and Booker back. I want El Abd and Elphick to regress to the cloggers they were hoofing it up to the big man upfront.

We were going places* before they got sacked.

*League 2

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm IN.

Gus is doing a fantastic job, and deserves nothing but plaudits.

LOVE the style of play, and long may it continue.

[I am going to be HONEST at this point, and state that I do still BRICK it, every single time the ball is passed to El Abd with anyone near him. This is more from painful scars of seasons past, than anything the new Adam is capable of, though].

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Wholeheartedly agree with everything in this thread, but wanted to share that my son trains with the development centre in seaford every tuesday, and even at this level (playing on a pitch less than half of a full size pitch and 5 a side goals) the trainers are teaching the kids from age 5 upwards to look for the player in space, pass and move, how to make space to make yourself available for a pass. Not a hint of hoof ball, and the kids are actively encouraged to pass pass pass pass and pass some more. This has been really noticeable since about easter, but even at this level there are plenty of moaners who just do not get it.

I can't understand why it is so hard to grasp the concept that knocking it around the back 4 and keeper for a whole minute or so is better than an aimless hoof up the pitch, only to have it returned on the counter attack within 15 seconds!

Ignore the idiots Gus, YOU have got our team to where they are now, and if you can do that with limited resources I cannot wait to see what you have up your sleeve in the months to come :thumbsup:

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Count me IN!

Those who don't like the style of play know absolutely nothing about football. Would they rather us go back to depressing long balls, winless streaks and battles with relegation.

Complete idiots. Gus shouldn't even have given them the satisfaction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here