Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Hammond tried to sign

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The sad thing is it doesn't matter what any of us think on here, we'll still go and support the team whatever, the ones that matter are the thousands who have given up on the club. We need them back, and only real investment in the squad will do that, not swapping players around and making a big thing of spending the most for 25 years whilst at the same time selling two of you better players to recoup the money.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
So the fact that Mark McGhee was close friends with Gordon Strachan had nothing to do with the Virgo deal then..... and anyway how long was that? I think it is only the last couple of seasons that DK has lost the plot. Up until then I was one of his biggest fans.

Hammond is not an average midfielder, he is far better than anything else we have got.
You Still Up?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Dick knight has his opinion probably a PR one and all the players that have left..Savage,O'callaghan,Hammond,elder,Revell have another..its just when 2-3 of them start to say the same story it sets the old alarm bells ringing...

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Agree with you 100% but get ready to be abused. It seems some on here think that because he saved us from the dark days that means he is above critiscism. That doesn't make sense.

No problem with getting slagged off, it's my opinion and if people want to disagree thats fine. More and more people are starting to see what is happening, it will dawn on everyone in time.

I dont hate the club I've deen going for 20 years and will allways do so whatever is happening.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mr Burns is my HERO right now.
Jees. Some of the stuff on here these last few days defies belief. Thank christ some people still have a grip on things.

tomysupercup

North Stand Kollective
Sep 17, 2004
NORTH STAND
Sorry but that sounds like a load of sh*t.

Dean Hammond has maintained all along that the reason he was hesitating to sign was he wanted the club to show ambition they done that by the talent we have brought in yet he still did not sign.

To try and keep him the club offered an improved contract with a get out clause if we did not make promotion this year so if the club did not deliver we would not hold him back from his Championship ambitions. Once again Hammond did not sign

Hammond has never said he was not happy with the money on offer so looks more to me a player after an extra bit of quid (and fair enough if thats what he wants) but why not come out and be f*cking honest about it!!

In these circumstances what choice did the club have and I for one applaud them for getting 250k instead of him walking into the sunset for nothing in the summer

I can't believe no one else has picked up on this.

Hammond said he wanted us to show some ambition. How much more ambition could we have shown after signing Murray? We are a mid table league one side, signing Murray shows ambition at this level. What does Hammond expect? Or maybe showing ambition would be impossible for the Albion as this was just Hammond speak.

The club then offer him an improved contract with a get out clause if we did not make promotion this year, so if we did not go up he would be free to join any Championship club that wanted him. But how many would that be? Whatever you think of Hammond as a player he has lied to the fans.

If he had come out at the start and said it was the money I would have so much more respect for him.

Why dress this up as lies and make yourself look very silly in the cold light of day.

Not for me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If someone comes on here and posts a story, "they heard off a mate" and then goes on the attack someone because of that story, then I feel I have every right to call it bullshit. If he said he was told by Dean Hammond, then I may have given it some credit.

As I have posted elsewhere, Dean Hammond DID tell other Albion players he had been pushed out of the club. I know that happened.

Call it bullshit if you like, but it did happen.

Now - your particular line of abuse on this thread is way out of line. As anyone you are entitled to your view, but the way you have expressed it here is out of order. Do it again and action will be taken.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Mr. Burns, I would like to thank you on enormous levels for what you have written, and how you have argued it. Since I have been a member on NSC your posts on this thread are possibly the BEST I have read; you my friend speak with the utmost sense and argue your CORRECT case superbly.

Thank you again, you are my favourite person on NSC now and I will look forward to more of your posts. :)

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Agreed, burns talks sense- but abusing other posters makes him look like a bit of a nob.

stick to your point in future if you want to be taken seriously

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
As I have posted elsewhere, Dean Hammond DID tell other Albion players he had been pushed out of the club. I know that happened.

Call it bullshit if you like, but it did happen.

Now - your particular line of abuse on this thread is way out of line. As anyone you are entitled to your view, but the way you have expressed it here is out of order. Do it again and action will be taken.

bit O/T bozza

if it wasn't for the bullshit and personal abuse we might as join the retards and geriatrics on the seagull mailing list.

its the shite scandal and backbiting we come back for

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs

So you know he said that. So in fact, "in his opinion" he had been pushed out of the club? Lots of people who leave an organisation feel that they've been pushed out, or say that to cover up their own guilt at their perceived disloyalty for leaving.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So you know he said that. So in fact, "in his opinion" he had been pushed out of the club? Lots of people who leave an organisation feel that they've been pushed out, or say that to cover up their own guilt at their perceived disloyalty for leaving.

Sure.

But the general gist of this thread was, from the OP, that DK's line to DH was:

"too late, we're selling you anyway, cos we need the money"

For saying this the OP was subjected to all sorts of abuse from Mr Burns, the gist of which seemed to be that it was 3rd hand 'mate of a mate' type stuff but if it had come from Hammond himself it would have some merit.

So I was just passing on, again, that I know Hammond's personal view is that he was pushed out. And you're right, of course, there are a million reasons as to why he was pushed out or why he may be telling people he thinks he was pushed out. But I was not attempting to analyse that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can't see where mr burns has crossed a line here. Its an impassioned defence of the chairman and clubs stance over Hammondgate, and one which I think he's put across forcibly but very well. Its not just outright brainless abuse, so I think Bozza's yellow card is a bit unwarranted personally.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
FFS, Hammond was offered a new contract, if he'd signed it when he had the chance he'd still be here. In my book Hammond's failure to sign a new contract doesn't constitute being pushed out. It may well be that case that the money wasn't there for a contract after signing other players, but if he hadn't pissed the club about in the first place that wouldn't be an issue.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
For saying this the OP was subjected to all sorts of abuse from Mr Burns, the gist of which seemed to be that it was 3rd hand 'mate of a mate' type stuff but if it had come from Hammond himself it would have some merit.

So I was just passing on, again, that I know Hammond's personal view is that he was pushed out.

From the original post "I was told by a relative of a current player that Dean Hammond spoke to Dick Knight".

Sounds pretty third-hand to me. Not that I mind that usually - it stimulates a lot of debate, but at the moment it just foments an air that is not at all IMO justified.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I guess what Bozza is trying to say is that what I posted is what I was told, that Hammond was told he had to leave. Bozza stated something similar somewhere else. I feel it is right to put this in the public domain in the same way that DK has stated that Hammond was offered good terms that he chose not to accept. In my original post I did say IF this is true, as I wasn't actually there when DK was discussing this, of course not. What you chose to believe is up to you, but I'm not deciding to abuse those of a different opinion.

For the record I don't want DK to f*** off as some have stated on here at regular intervals, I just feel his time as the front man for the club has been and gone and that perhaps he should leave more of the day to day running of the club to the guys he has recruited to do so. Not quite sure what the point of a managing director is if DK is going to be so hands on with everything in the club.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
and as a manager (not football!) I take the same attitude. When you work as a team you need the right attitude and a selfish one breaks up the team - at that point you say goodbye.

I would probably agree unless the member of team was a key member and if I had no one to replace to him.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I can't see where mr burns has crossed a line here. Its an impassioned defence of the chairman and clubs stance over Hammondgate, and one which I think he's put across forcibly but very well. Its not just outright brainless abuse, so I think Bozza's yellow card is a bit unwarranted personally.

Have you actually read Mr. Burns posts..? Quotes from just one of them..", when f***ing ****s like you"...."your story makes you sound like a ****" ...."you prick".That,s from just ONE of his posts.
Are you the same person who also sees no "wrong" in DK too...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here