Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Hammond tried to sign

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
If it WAS about money for Hammond wouldn't he had stayed, run down his contract, and got a SHIT loads more cash because he would be moving on a free transfer?
Would he? We are not talking about top Premiership players here. Only Colchester seemed interested, and if they go down they would not be in any better position than us. In a way I think Dean would may have been in a worse position had he been on a free. Just look at Bas Savage. Not saying Dean wouldn't have got a club, but lets be honest, if Colchester was the option in the Championship, I'd say its more than likely they were the only Championshiop team interested. If there was another, surely he'd have stayed put, and join the other option in the summer!?!?!

Hammond is not an average midfielder, he is far better than anything else we have got.

Rubbish. Name me ONE , JUST ONE, game that Hammond was instrumental in winning during the last year.

He is an average midfeilder playing in the third tier of english football.

DK offered to make him the best paid player at the club which had nurtured him from the age of 13, with a release clause which he could invoke in the summer if we failed to up. INMHO DK has done the right thing by getting a fee for him when one was available

He could have signed until the end of the season and then left on a free

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here