Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Lopez

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Played well in the first half and was the main centre for our play but might just as well stayed in the dressing room for the 2nd half by what he produced then.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Players seldom come into teams having hardly played and play a blinder. Given how little game time he has had I think he did well. Criticising his 2nd half performance is not really valid as the team performance dropped considerably as well. The heavy rain seemed to affect us.

Like Hoskins, I'd like to see Lopez have a run of at least 10 games before forming an opinion of whether his is good enough. Pretty sure he will be myself.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Had higher hopes that Dave would make a bigger impact by now.
Hoskins & Macca had more flair today.
It looks like Dave likes to ping a decent direct ball but our forwards are too sort and he kept getting caught back to goal, by the time he'd turned everyone was marked and the back line was so deep and there was no space to run into.

Bit like Harley but with higher expectations and obviously better at football & shaving

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Looked OK and 'can do a job' - unfortunately we have a squad packed with this type of midfielder. We need to shift 3 or 4 and free up the wages for a striker. Gus's biggest flaw is his stubborness - we play the 'brighton way', love passing football but if there is no end product what is the point ?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I think we all faded in the second half. Forest had the gameplan to work their socks off and close us down from the start of the half to the end. And it worked a treat. We slapped them in the first, but barely had a look-in in the second, beginning to have to hoof a bit to escape the pressure. They were very tight on us and it was to their credit.
Lopez did disappoint in his set-piecery, but his overall play was decent enough. Some nice touches and flicks and rarely lost the ball.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I thought he didn't look too bad in the first half, definitely doesn't look like he's capable of lasting 90 minutes anytime soon though.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I think we all faded in the second half. Forest had the gameplan to work their socks off and close us down from the start of the half to the end. And it worked a treat. We slapped them in the first, but barely had a look-in in the second, beginning to have to hoof a bit to escape the pressure. They were very tight on us and it was to their credit.
Lopez did disappoint in his set-piecery, but his overall play was decent enough. Some nice touches and flicks and rarely lost the ball.

Absolutely spot on :thumbsup:

I thought he didn't look too bad in the first half, definitely doesn't look like he's capable of lasting 90 minutes anytime soon though.

Should have been subbed slightly earlier, as he was running out of steam just after half time. Only really had sub appearances so far, so is still getting match fitness back I would think.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Looked good first half, so good balls through but tired in the 2nd half, which is no surprise considering the amount of playing time he's been given. He did a couple good crosses to the back post but the player on the end either miss cued the touch or took too long to shoot.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Started to show what he can do from set pieces tonight (the free kick which rattled the post), not to mention a nice demonstration of what to do with a penalty.

Dec 29, 2011
What about the free kick in the first half which he gave away to them on the edge of the box, they could have scored from it. I guessed if he didn't score that penalty NSC would be slating him, shows how much one goal (a penalty, at that) can change peoples ratings of him. To be fair he was playing at right back which isn't his natural position and did an ok job.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Started to show what he can do from set pieces tonight (the free kick which rattled the post), not to mention a nice demonstration of what to do with a penalty.

I think the second free kick was going in had a Millwall player not got his head to it. The bend on the ball as it went around the wall was amazing.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
He had a good game today and did a solid job at right back.

He was only caught out of position once and he put in some much better set pieces today. He will get better and better

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Thought he has been, in effect, a waste of space and a shadow of Orlandi. Despite what others have said, don't think he had a great game against Forest and certainly did not run the show. However, from the moment his free kick hit the woodwork, he became a different player and had it not been for KLL then he would be my man of the match.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Spanish Dave is a class act. I like him a lot.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
He became a different player long before hitting the post. After a dreadful 20 minutes, he hit a sensational pinpoint cross field pass that stayed just off the ground all the way, swerving too. That seemed to settle him in. Clearly a very talented player and not afraid to tackle either.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
halftime comment from a guy next to me having a chat to his mate on the concourse was ''waste of space tht lopez'' well sunshine hope u bothered to watch the second half!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Thought he has been, in effect, a waste of space and a shadow of Orlandi. Despite what others have said, don't think he had a great game against Forest and certainly did not run the show. However, from the moment his free kick hit the woodwork, he became a different player and had it not been for KLL then he would be my man of the match.

ooooh..was it you? lol

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
Best performance so far. I would be happy for him to start at right back if Calde and Bruno are still out on Saturday.
He absolutely loved his goal tonight!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here