Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Lopez

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Any other manager who signed players, on top dollar who don't fit into the system you actually play, would be seen by many as a bit clueless. I mean surely it makes more sense to sign players who can actually play the way you want your team too??? But as Gus has said on many occasions..."we don't sign players who aren't better than what we already have at the club"......Must be another reason why, Lopez, Dobbie, Crofts aren't playing regularly as they must be better than what we had when we signed them,or else Gus wouldn't have bothered wasting the money.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Any other manager who signed players, on top dollar who don't fit into the system you actually play, would be seen by many as a bit clueless. I mean surely it makes more sense to sign players who can actually play the way you want your team too??? But as Gus has said on many occasions..."we don't sign players who aren't better than what we already have at the club"......Must be another reason why, Lopez, Dobbie, Crofts aren't playing regularly as they must be better than what we had when we signed them,or else Gus wouldn't have bothered wasting the money.

Why do you actively seek out misery, and criticise anything and everything done/said by Gus or Barnes or CMS or whoever you've picked as you subject of abuse that week? Why does there have to be a sinister conspiracy as to why they're not in the team? Maybe Lopez is out of the team because Orlandi (CAM) and Buckley (RW) have been our best players recently, so he's behind them in the pecking order? Ditto Dobbie who has had a chance, and not set the world alight? We're not allowed to play with more then 11, someone has to sit on the bench. Just cheer up ffs.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
From what i've seen so far he's not good enough again like Dobbie seems very slow but to be fair he has not really had a good run in the team

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
He's shit.

None of our players are shit,some however do not fit in to the style of football we are currently playing, McSmudger being the prime example.Gus is a young manager learning his trade he is making mistakes we just have to hope he learns from them and carries on taking the club forward, promotion this season is not a realistic option with our current strikers, if the money is available for better strikers next season and we do not lose players like Kuszack Bridge Bruno Buckley and Bridcutt,then maybe promotion can be achieved,but i do think some if not all of those players will go either in January or in the summer,they have all stated premier league ambition.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
None of our players are shit,some however do not fit in to the style of football we are currently playing, McSmudger being the prime example.Gus is a young manager learning his trade he is making mistakes we just have to hope he learns from them and carries on taking the club forward, promotion this season is not a realistic option with our current strikers, if the money is available for better strikers next season and we do not lose players like Kuszack Bridge Bruno Buckley and Bridcutt,then maybe promotion can be achieved,but i do think some if not all of those players will go either in January or in the summer,they have all stated premier league ambition.

Didn't learn from his mistakes last season did he? No plan B, no height up front = no promotion.

Also, it depends on how you define 'shit'.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Why do you actively seek out misery, and criticise anything and everything done/said by Gus or Barnes or CMS or whoever you've picked as you subject of abuse that week? Why does there have to be a sinister conspiracy as to why they're not in the team? Maybe Lopez is out of the team because Orlandi (CAM) and Buckley (RW) have been our best players recently, so he's behind them in the pecking order? Ditto Dobbie who has had a chance, and not set the world alight? We're not allowed to play with more then 11, someone has to sit on the bench. Just cheer up ffs.

I'm fine, just warming up for the Christmas cheer......It's Poyet that makes all these statements. What are we as fans suppose to do???..Ignore everything he says(probably best) or just forget he ever said it....It was Poyet that said he doesn't just sign players for the sake of it, they got to improve and add something to the team. Far as I can see most of his activity in the transfer market leaves a lot to be desired......By the way, Dobbie scored two in two then found himself dropped, what more was he suppose to do, miss um???....We got enough who can do that already.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

I still think Cms is quality. Well he is the best striker we have at the club. As for the other strikers Poyet has signed since he has been here,,,,,well I wouldn't be giving him millions of my money to spunk if I had it. His track record with signing strikers is pretty crap to be fair.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
He has a delightful touch and does just need to take his chance when he gets it. I can see him playing either Saturday or Tuesday night and playing some well-weighted passes. I reckon it does take some getting used to when some hardhitting hulk is coming at you when you have the ball, to lay it off and move without thinking, without an ounce of terror in one's heart. I think he'll come good and be a decent stand-in for Orlandi if not quite as silky.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It must be so easy being a football manager. Buy good players and make sure they get a good run in the team and bingo it all falls into place immediately.
Anyone can do it, can't they?

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
It's quite obvious from watching him that he's not "shit". Slow, unfit, lacking in match practice? Perhaps, but anyone with half a brain can see he's got ability.

Nail on the head there. Unfortunately lacking in NSC's most vocal minority.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Stick 20 on the pitch then no one can moan why we aren't playing one or another..few of them will get injured going for the same ball..that will sort out the reason why they arent playing then...course if our squad was thinner some people would be questioning why there aren't people to step in for the inevitable injuries/suspensions...etc etc

No doubt Davids turn will come

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
A tad harsh old chap :)

He has form so 'you reap what you sow'. If he had started with something along the lines of ' Lopez has been poor since he joined' I wouldn't have had a problem.

For what it's worth, Spanish Dave took a season to settle in at Bilboa before he made his mark

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will we ever see Spanish Dave , Vicente , Orlandi and Bruno in the same match together ?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
He is not pacy enough to hold down a spot on the wing but as people have suggested I think he'd be perfectly suited to play in a CAM role.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

Yet if we didn't have them people would moan saying we don't have any strength in depth. Hate to be patronising but its a long season, they'll be injuries, suspensions, players in and out of form, so its good to have decent replacements in place. Lets also not forget the likes of Noone who Gus eased into the squad very gradually once we'd signed him, and he didn't even come from another country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here