Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Lopez

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
No Plan B. We must stick to our principles. f*** plan B, it is for the weak and the impatient. We are not Stoke or West Ham.

So true, interesting seeing how the U21s and U18s played our way the past couple of weeks. Both got hammered but were playing our way and you can see how we've built on it and improved it at first team level.

We've also clearly learnt from last season. Better keeper, better full backs, a better midfield who can mix it with the physical opponents in this league. We're improving and getting better, some people just need instant gratification.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
No Plan B. We must stick to our principles. f*** plan B, it is for the weak and the impatient. We are not Stoke or West Ham.

Absolute bollocks, and typical of the high horse pretty football nonsense brigade.

Our plan B when we won League 1 is now banging them in for Palace. Did we play hoof, impatient football then? No.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Absolute bollocks, and typical of the high horse pretty football nonsense brigade.

Our plan B when we won League 1 is now banging them in for Palace. Did we play hoof, impatient football then? No.

Not sure he was plan B as such. More the focal point of the attack ,and thus an integral part of the system .
That we are still trying to play Now . All be it with generally much better players.
I think some of the more impatient among us are missing the point.That Gus is trying to fit square pegs into round holes Yes but being better quality players they should be able to adapt to the system Unfortunately not quick enough for some
BTW i am of the opinion CMS could be better utilised rather than having to conform to the system but thats another debate

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Not sure he was plan B as such. More the focal point of the attack ,and thus an integral part of the system .
That we are still trying to play Now . All be it with generally much better players.
I think some of the more impatient among us are missing the point.That Gus is trying to fit square pegs into round holes Yes but being better quality players they should be able to adapt to the system Unfortunately not quick enough for some
BTW i am of the opinion CMS could be better utilised rather than having to conform to the system but thats another debate

No, he was totally Plan B. When we were shut down and couldn't pass pass pass, we had a 'getout clause', which is why we were so shit in games like Southampton away which he didn't feature in.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No, he was totally Plan B. When we were shut down and couldn't pass pass pass, we had a 'getout clause', which is why we were so shit in games like Southampton away which he didn't feature in.

Southampton away was 3-1 to the Albion, followed by 0-0 the following season which involved a missed penalty.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Southampton away was 3-1 to the Albion, followed by 0-0 the following season which involved a missed penalty.

Did you GO to the 0-0? We were battered for 70 minutes, until he who shall not be named come on. Oh, and who won the penalty?

The 3-1 can hardly be used as an example of Poyet's style of football, as he'd been at the club less than 72 hours.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Did you GO to the 0-0? We were battered for 70 minutes, until he who shall not be named come on. Oh, and who won the penalty?

The 3-1 can hardly be used as an example of Poyet's style of football, as he'd been at the club less than 72 hours.
I should add that the reason we were battered is because we were pressed and had no outlet.

Well, that and the fact that Battipiedi played and was absolute gash.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Presumably, as far as WW is concerned, David Lopez is the new David Martot?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Yes I went. Who could forget El-Abd being stretchered off with his thigh split wide open and having to play Calde out of position at CB? We didn't concede though did we? Why could Murray take a penalty in those days? Those he took, he missed.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
In so much as it doesn't make any difference what he does or doesn't do, you'll slag him off regardless?

Nope, quite happy to accept when I'm wrong - see Adam El-Abd as a prime example (although several thousand others will have done the same!)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Yes I went. Who could forget El-Abd being stretchered off with his thigh split wide open and having to play Calde out of position at CB? We didn't concede though did we? Why could Murray take a penalty in those days? Those he took, he missed.

Am fairly sure Lewis Dunk came on for El-Abd that night, as his family were sat behind me screaming his name...

Dec 29, 2011
Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd ask here, what did people think of his performance today? Personally I thought he knocked it about well.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
He played well in the first half today. Hardly saw the ball in the 2nd half but not really his fault. 7/10.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Contributed to the 0 goals scored. Every set piece was dire, most passes were either sideways or misplaced and added no real value. Needed to take on more responsibility ob the ball to create more, and didn't. Second half in particular.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Contributed to the 0 goals scored. Every set piece was dire, most passes were either sideways or misplaced and added no real value. Needed to take on more responsibility ob the ball to create more, and didn't. Second half in particular.
This, we missed Orlandi, his crosses were shite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here