Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Which is why we would should keep persevering with Connolly I reckon

Is there anyone who doesn't think we should 'persevere' with one of the brightest 20 year old strikers in the Premier League ???

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has great hopes for him this season, a year older and in his second season.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Is there anyone who doesn't think we should 'persevere' with one of the brightest 20 year old strikers in the Premier League ???

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has great hopes for him this season, a year older and in his second season.

I think Connelly is very much part of the plans but with us showing signs of playing two up front on occasions and needing a different type of striker option to combat some teams we need options and depth in the forward positions.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

I agree totally. GP tends to only play with one striker for the most part so Maupay will be the main man and Connolly will continue to develop either from the bench or when GP does go with a 2nd striker. Starting to think we'll possibly now go with what we've got, even though most of us would like an additional striker to bolster the numbers.

Would be happy either way.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
bit of a reality check in a way thinking can compete with someone like Benfica.

Good we are in for these types. You often have to blow the opposition out the water to clinch strikers though.

I'm sure we have other targets . Keep the faith

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think Connelly is very much part of the plans but with us showing signs of playing two up front on occasions and needing a different type of striker option to combat some teams we need options and depth in the forward positions.

This.

We looked really good against the likes of Leicester away with two Strikers.

If we are going to play that system more often (and I think we might do with 3 at the back), we’ll need 4 Strikers in the squad.

Our 4th Striker currently is Gyökeres, if he goes out on loan - we’ll know that something is very close. If we fail with signing anyone, this boy will have to step up.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think we would all like a fourth option who is a step up from Gyökeres, but I don't see it being a disaster if we don't get one. Disappointing, but not a disaster.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I agree totally. GP tends to only play with one striker for the most part so Maupay will be the main and Connolly will continue to develop either from the bench or when GP does go with a 2nd striker. Starting to think we'll possibly now go with what we've got, even though most of us would like an additional striker to bolster the numbers.

Does he?

Sure he did when Connolly was injured and he looked around to see Murray sucking a Werther's Original.

But the team only really got it's poop together when Maupay and Connolly were terrorising in tandem.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Does he?

Sure he did when Connolly was injured and he looked around to see Murray sucking a Werther's Original.

But the team only really got it's poop together when Maupay and Connolly were terrorising in tandem.

There's a t-shirt in there somewhere :clap:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I agree totally. GP tends to only play with one striker for the most part so Maupay will be the main man and Connolly will continue to develop either from the bench or when GP does go with a 2nd striker. Starting to think we'll possibly now go with what we've got, even though most of us would like an additional striker to bolster the numbers.

Nonsense. We are aiming for too 10. We have one legend but definitely going downhill striker, 1 promising, may make it striker, and only 1 we can rely on striker. What if Maupay gets injured? Thank God you are not in charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Me. He’s toilet.

Wow [emoji50] he is very promising and earned his contract extension. Better still, he scored a cracker at the home of the racists. Unbelievable that you should show such lack of judgement

Unbelievable that you slag off Lamps too. Do you actually watch games!?

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
I think we would all like a fourth option who is a step up from Gyökeres, but I don't see it being a disaster if we don't get one. Disappointing, but not a disaster.

It's a shame that Gyökeres never pushed on from his FA cup games (I think it was). Were there ever glowing reports from his time in Germany?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I think we’ve currently got a squad to finish a place or two above last season’s 15th finish.

This Striker (or similar) together with the sort of Lamptey style LWB (we all know we need) will allow dreams of 10th place (at least for the first month or so!).

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Whereas I see it as a disaster

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Does he?

But was that a coincidence, perhaps the spark was Lampety making the rightback spot his own? Or perhaps it was Bisouma getting a run of games and bringing some dynamism to our pedestrian midfield?

I like Connolly, but does he only work well in a front 2? If so it will severely limit his effectivness.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Well, everyone who wants us to sign Nunez and Eduoard / Watkins I suppose. And who wouldn't be happy to have those striker options.

But that wasn't really my point, more that it's so hit and miss to sign good premier league strikers that we may well be better off developing our own.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
It's a shame that Gyökeres never pushed on from his FA cup games (I think it was). Were there ever glowing reports from his time in Germany?

The manager of his loan club wants him back

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Me. He’s toilet.

Fantastic for our under 23's and has shown considerable promise in the PL which is a huge step-up. He will find more goals this year given that he has experience. But he doesn't only have goalscoring in his armaments, he has earned widespread praise for his harrying style and puts defences under a lot of pressure. Don't forget his sublime flick from McCallister's through ball which sent Maupay on his way against arsenal. That win jump-started a season that was rapidly going downhill, who is to say what may have happened without it?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He played 14 games in midfield/on the wing and 9 at centre forward.

They want him back so there must be a certain amount of glowing in their reports.

I'd be very happy to have him as 4th striker ( if Murray goes ) or 5th striker ( if Murray stays ).

Still, NSC wants to write him off so there you go.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here