Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I read the article in La Voz earlier. It's was just a couple of paragraphs with no quotes from anyone. Meanwhile, the Italian press are reporting that Napoli are preparing a bid.

Here is the article in full.

Darwin's agent, heading to Lisbon: closed operation with Benfica? The Portuguese team wants the forward yes or yes

The last chapter of the future of Pichichi Darwin Núñez could be near, since Edgardo Lasalvia, representative of the Almería forward, plans to travel to Lisbon this weekend with the intention of advancing in the negotiations after almost two weeks of hard work.

The Benfica has come charging to the Uruguayan striker and it seems that the Portuguese team would be the fate of the player.

In Portugal there is talk of the central Lema and the right winger Diogo Gonçalves , who would come to Almería to lower the cost of the transfer of an operation that seems interminable.

Funny how they describe 2 weeks hard work as interminable. Lazy journalism on all counts.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
We really are hopeless at filling this position.

Our best success has come from unwanted ex-players, youth prospects and championship punts.

I think Maupay has ended up being a superb signing, so I’d be quite keen to pick out good prospects in the Championship.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
He accepted my Instagram request and the first photo I see is him topless in some wet shorts...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can someone who’s friends with him on insta ask him if he’s coming?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I think Maupay has ended up being a superb signing, so I’d be quite keen to pick out good prospects in the Championship.

Not doubting that, Murray turned out pretty well also... and Connolly is good. Which was the point I was making (ex-players, youth etc).

I was more getting at the fact that whenever we try to sign front men with any international pedigree we fall short, or manage to bring one home who turns out to be a complete headcase (Andone).

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
So you think the Portuguese League is better then the Prem?

Nope. Has anybody said that? But the draw of Benfica to a young striker is quite obvious.

They'll be challenging for the title and winning most weeks, which will mean lots of goal scoring chances, certainly many more than he'd get at Brighton. Bang in 20+ goals an he'll be on the radar of the top clubs in Europe.

Aside from that, there's the chance to play in the Champions League, which again, all going well, will boost his profile.

Then there's the draw of Lisbon itself.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
So you think the Portuguese League is better then the Prem?

ofc it isnt, its a second tier league like the Dutch and French leagues.

But not sure the motivation will always be based solely on being in the best league asap. His agent will want to extract maximum revenue for player and himself. After a really decent spell in Spanish second, arguably the Portuguese Primera is an intermediate step up, better than segunda B but not a good as PL, he'll be on better money than with Almeria, in the main playing against less good defences than than the PL in more familiar temperatures, which may be seen as better in helping build his confidence and scoring record and that may also be seen as a better bridge to the mega contract in the next 2-3 years with one of europes elite clubs.

Id be absolutely delighted if we managed it somehow, but can see the logic in Benfica, worked ok for Raul Jimenez.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
https://www.noticiasaominuto.com/desporto/1572567/benfica-apresentou-nova-proposta-milionaria-por-darwin-nunez

"Benfica continues in the transfer market looking for reinforcements for the front of the attack, this after the possible hiring of Edinson Cavani fell .

The incarnates study the various alternatives available and in the last hours they presented a new proposal by Darwin Núñez , after last week Almería rejected the first approach of the incarnates.

According to the information provided by the portal Calciomercato , the club of Luz reformulated the numbers of the offer in the last hours and sent to Spain a proposal that exceeds those previously made by Brighton, Southampton and Wolfsburg , all clubs also interested in the Uruguayan international.

The same source points out that the club of Luz offered 25 million euros for the pass of the 21-year-old striker, with a loan of one or two players to the Andalusian club and a percentage in a future transfer.

This portal specialized in issues of the transfer market also underlines that one of the player's agents is already flying to Lisbon to try to close an operation that has the approval of Jorge Jesus"

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This guy for £25million... or Brewster on season loan & the money spent on a left back and another midfield upgrade.
We have to replace Murray next summer. Don't fancy having to replace a leaving loanee striker at the same time.

Getting 1 striker is hard enough.

mike1901

May 12, 2017
We have to replace Murray next summer. Don't fancy having to replace a leaving loanee striker at the same time.

Getting 1 striker is hard enough.

Well we desperately need another striker, we have three but Glens playing time will be limited.
Without another one I fear we will struggle again, can’t see any roumets any where.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here