Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Very interesting:

https://twitter.com/InfiniteMadrid/status/1299256431603077120?s=19

Multiple sources reporting that Benfica have now reached an agreement with Real Madrid for the transfer of their striker Mariano Diaz. Not sure exactly how this impacts Nunez, but Mariano was described as one of their alternatives to Nunez earlier this week.

Really interesting, but it is a loan with an option to buy. It means they'll still have money in the coffers to spend on Nunez if they want both

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Really interesting, but it is a loan with an option to buy. It means they'll still have money in the coffers to spend on Nunez if they want both

They've already spent 53 million on 3 attacking players this summer, one of whom is a centre forward. Would they want to add another 2 forwards? Even if Mariano is a loan this year, you still have to factor in the wages. They also brought in Vertonghen this month, who will represent another hefty addition to their wage bill.

Another thing to consider is Núñez's chance of making the first 11. Will Benfica be such an attractive proposition with both Mariano and Waldschmidt potentially blocking his pathway?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I was thinking LWB as I still think Burn will be first choice LB. With Veltman at RB in a back four, I’m hoping we’ll tighten up against the top six whilst playing wing backs against most other teams and gunning forward with Lamptey and a similar flair LWB on the left.

Agree with all of this, as long as arsenal aren't included in your top 6 :D

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
They've already spent 53 million on 3 attacking players this summer, one of whom is a centre forward. Would they want to add another 2 forwards? Even if Mariano is a loan this year, you still have to factor in the wages. They also brought in Vertonghen this month, who will represent another hefty addition to their wage bill.

Another thing to consider is Núñez's chance of making the first 11. Will Benfica be such an attractive proposition with both Mariano and Waldschmidt potentially blocking his pathway?

Great points.......If only you could speak Spanish and had his agents mobile number!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Question: why is Benfica an attractive destination for an ambitious young footballer anyway?

And the guy going from Real Madrid to Benfica. Wow.

I get it if it’s your last pay day.
Or no other offers.

But to choose Benfica over the Premier League? I don’t get that. Ok, I guess they play in Europe. But so do Rangers.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
Question: why is Benfica an attractive destination for an ambitious young footballer?

Or no other offers.

But to choose Benfica over the Premier League? I don’t get that. Ok, I guess they play in Europe. But so do Rangers.

I can totally see why they would, they're one of the biggest clubs in Europe in one of Europe's big cities.

That aside, some of the biggest names in football have come through the Portuguese league, Ronaldo aside. João Felix, Diego Costa, James Rodriguez, Bernardo Silva, Axel Witsel, Bruno Fernandes just to name a few

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Question: why is Benfica an attractive destination for an ambitious young footballer anyway?

Or no other offers.

Because they're Benfica.

Come out of the over-hyped Premier League bubble for a minute.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
This sounds pretty conclusive for Benfica.

https://www.abola.pt/nnh/2020-08-28/benfica-agente-de-darwin-nunez-vem-a-lisboa-para-avancar-negociacoes/858669

DARWIN NÚÑEZ AGENT COMES TO LISBON TO «ADVANCE NEGOTIATIONS»
BENFICA 12:57
By
Writing
Edgardo Lasalvia, representative of Darwin Núñez, has planned to travel to Lisbon this weekend in order to arrange with Benfica the possible transfer of the Uruguayan striker to Luz.

Says the La Voz de Almería that the agent will move to the Portuguese capital 'with the intention of advancing negotiations "aimed at the entry of 21 - years in eagles.

«Benfica returned to the charge by the Uruguayan scorer and everything points out that the Portuguese team is the destiny of the footballer», it can be read.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Or no other offers.

Now that is deluded.
Benfica or Brighton .... no contest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
This guy for £25million... or Brewster on season loan & the money spent on a left back and another midfield upgrade.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here