Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I'm not fussed now if he comes here or not. If the agent is going to turn them into blood sucking mercenaries, then go to Portugal. I think we've got more than enough talent within our ranks to get 50 ish points and mid table obscurity. In a couple of years, young, up and coming starlets will realise we are a team worth using as a stepping stone before they head to afc yorkshire

Agents ARE the bloodsucking mercenaries. They are second only to greedy bankers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Not a chance we're 50 points yet imho and everything hinges on Maupay staying fit or not having a lean spell, Muzza is in last chance saloon with his legs fading.

Would be incredibly short sighted to try and play russian roulette again with limited strike options. Many good teams have gone down just through lack of goal scorers. We definitely need another decent striker capable of first team.

I don't agree. Arguably, we should of got 50 points last season with the points we threw away early doors.

We do need at least one striker though, but then we have ever since we offloaded Andone.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
It seems to me like Benfica is the preferred choice for the agent right now and perhaps the player too. I get that. He'd be almost certain to score a load in the Primeira Liga, putting himself in the shop window for a big move. I imagine the agent in particular is thinking about the next transfer already.

That being said, Almeria want to extract the highest possible value from their star asset. We can afford to outbid our rivals if we think he's worth it.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I don't agree. Arguably, we should of got 50 points last season with the points we threw away early doors.

We do need at least one striker though, but then we have ever since we offloaded Andone.

I think the others agree, it's that they think we threw the points away by NOT SCORING.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I think the others agree, it's that they think we threw the points away by NOT SCORING.

Nah, not for me. Two red cards against Saints and Villa, games we would of won imo. Then there's the last minute goal conceded against Burnley. Eight points right there. Defensive errors and lack of midfield creativity cost us much more as far as im concerned.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Fair enough :) but I dont agree too!. for simple reason, that every team has those moments over a season, the "what if's" and the "if only's".... I'm sure Muff have loads right now, but you can only deal in facts and the table over a full 38 games doesn't lie. With all the bits of luck for and against we're circa 40ish. For your last minute goal against Burnley you have the dodgy Everton pen for us and OG to win it. It balances out

Maybe we could get 50, if everything goes our way, but I just don't see that as realistic or to be relied upon. Form, injuries and luck will all play a factor over a season.

Even with better players/strikers you'll still get those games where things go against you or luck runs with the opponent.
To get a median of 50ish, you'd need to have a team capable of getting 60 odd in a perfect world with everything going in your favour. We dont yet imho.

If we went with the current squad and no new striker i don't see 50+ as realistic but would love to be proved wrong.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
1. Can we just sign this kid please.

2. Have we been linked with ANY left wing backs? Like any at all?

3. Why is everything so quiet with Jamal Lewis? I don't see a single team linked with him. Not even clickbait. Nothing...

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

There were an equal number of games where we fluked a result. So I don't think we were particularly hard done by. Just about right for me.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
1. Can we just sign this kid please.

Surely we’re all behind the sentiment!
2. Have we been linked with ANY left wing backs? Like any at all?

Pedraza. Then Naylor snuffed that rumour.

3. Why is everything so quiet with Jamal Lewis? I don't see a single team linked with him. Not even clickbait. Nothing...

Along with Diego Rico, he is a quality relegated left back who’ll surely be receiving the attention of Premier League clubs.

Maybe Norwich are keeping confidential about the approaches and whoever leaked the Liverpool bid (agent?) realises that they may have played a part in scuppering the deal and are now keeping they’re mouth firmly shut?

Also, Norwich wanted £20m for him, if Liverpool did not want to go above £10m, I’m sure that we’d want to either?

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/canaries-liverpool-jamal-lewis-inside-story-revealed-1-6788110

Last edited:

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Surely we’re all behind the sentiment!

Pedraza. Then Naylor snuffed that rumour.

Along with Diego Rico, he is a quality relegated left back who’ll surely be receiving the attention of Premier League clubs.

Maybe Norwich are keeping confidential about the approaches and whoever leaked the Liverpool bid (agent?) realises that they may have played a part in scuppering the deal and are now keeping they’re mouth firmly shut?

Also, Norwich wanted £20m for him, if Liverpool did not want to go above £10m, I’m sure that we’d want to either?

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/canaries-liverpool-jamal-lewis-inside-story-revealed-1-6788110

From what I saw of Lewis he was very gung ho and often allowed counter attacks in behind him. So catches the eye going forward but not what we need (and not worth £20m imho). Would love us to sign Rico Henry however.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
He accepted my Instagram request this morning so in my mind that definitely means he's singing now.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Nah, not for me. Two red cards against Saints and Villa, games we would of won imo. Then there's the last minute goal conceded against Burnley. Eight points right there. Defensive errors and lack of midfield creativity cost us much more as far as im concerned.

Agreed Exile.

Maupay and Connelly will be much sharper after their first season.Both snatching at the chanceS and then gone in a flash! Just to many draws. we lost less games than every team up to 11 th position Only Everton lost the same amount. There is where I believe the answer lies.
Oh yes and we do need another striker.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Seems we have some mild bed wetting from some quarters already on this thread!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
From what I saw of Lewis he was very gung ho and often allowed counter attacks in behind him. So catches the eye going forward but not what we need (and not worth £20m imho). Would love us to sign Rico Henry however.

I was thinking LWB as I still think Burn will be first choice LB. With Veltman at RB in a back four, I’m hoping we’ll tighten up against the top six whilst playing wing backs against most other teams and gunning forward with Lamptey and a similar flair LWB on the left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here