Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Brian Owen reckons he will go to benfica. We don't really want to get in a ridiculous bidding war, think we should move on.

We absolutely do want to get into a ridiculous bidding war, win it and then when he turns out to be a bit average, we can all say I told you we massively overpaid for him. Sack the * manager/Head of recruitment/Board * delete as applicable.

albionite

May 20, 2009
We absolutely do want to get into a ridiculous bidding war, win it and then when he turns out to be a bit average, we can all say I told you we massively overpaid for him. Sack the * manager/Head of recruitment/Board * delete as applicable.

Or if he turns out to be good like Virgil van Dijk we could say told you we should of payed a little extra.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
to be fair , if you spending 20m on someone then the chances of success greatly are increased if they have been smashing them in , in Serie A , La Liga , Bundesliga possibly to a lesser extent Ligue 1 (FR)

Sure , this bloke could be a success but he's a risk.

At some point it just isn't worth the risk for the outgoing money. If the Albion are now OUT then that point is reached.

For 20m + you certainly have a chance of players that have the above on their CV and maybe thats what we are after if we are moving into this price bracket. After all , if you want to take educated punts on risks , you can prob get these for 10-15 m

I understand the clubs thinking if this is the case.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
We are never going to sign a striker who no one else wants or at least I hope we won't, those days ended in L2. We need to compete and sign the right player whether its this guy or another one as top 10 etc is not possible with the current strike force. We have to find more goals from somewhere...

A few goals from midfield would be nice!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
to be fair , if you spending 20m on someone then the chances of success greatly are increased if they have been smashing them in , in Serie A , La Liga , Bundesliga possibly to a lesser extent Ligue 1 (FR)

At some point it just isn't worth the risk for the outgoing money. If the Albion are now OUT then that point is reached.

For 20m + you certainly have a chance of players that have the above on their CV and maybe thats what we are after if we are moving into this price bracket. After all , if you want to take educated punts on risks , you can prob get these for 10-15 m

Seems to be the price £25m for Núñez.... Watkins....Édouard

It’s a lot ..... but goal scorers are the one thing that just keeps rising in price.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Problem is if they're smashing them in in one of the big leagues, they'll be worth more than 20 million. Joelinton got 7 goals in the Bundesliga and went for double that.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Seems to be the price £25m for Núñez.... Watkins....Édouard

It’s a lot ..... but goal scorers are the one thing that just keeps rising in price.

good point and then the issue becomes if they all cost about the same which one represents best value?resale and least risk...

Typically all has gone quiet re Watkins and King lately so my money is us coming on in there soon..

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
https://www.abola.pt/nnh/2020-08-27/darwin-nunez-implica-esforco-suplementar-e-inedito/858521

Doesn't add too much to what we already know.
Interesting Benfica will have to break their transfer record to beat our offer.

Translated

After Cavani's attempt to sign all the names that followed fall short in terms of status, but the track Darwin Núñez is, in terms of potential and quality, unsuspected and, also for that reason, the lot of competition that Benfica faces makes this dossier complicated in terms of quick implementation.

Almería, as A BOLA realized, rejected Benfica's € 15 million offer by the 21-year-old Uruguayan striker and already has one of Brighton's Englishmen, who offer € 18 million plus bonuses. However, both Almería and the player himself continue to see Benfica with good eyes and the Spanish club has opened doors to the inclusion of players in the negotiations. But it is still not available to lower the € 20 million mark and this forces Benfica to make an extra effort to stay in the race and cut the finish line in the first place.

The player's age offers scope for Benfica's investment, although very high, to be recovered, because the information already collected about the player leaves no doubt that Darwin Núñez aspires to great flights in Europe and in world football. But, and putting this dossier in perspective, here is at stake the need for Benfica to have to beat on the Almería table numbers that may imply that this could turn out to be the most expensive transfer in the history of the club of Luz, after the € 22 million paid to Atlético Madrid by Mexican striker Raúl Jiménez.

Some Comments

1. Strive for this one !! ... this one is worth it ... and forget Mariano's stump .... Mariano is a flop..a crude .... if it were good, Real wouldn't send him ... .

2. It is not necessary. Bruno Henrique is worth more, and it's cheaper.

3. Give the 20M scallop and send it to Lema and Ferreyra ... This kid is crack and will give Benfica a triple! Come on Vieira not too late that will take you to other places!

4. It had already happened with Cavani, at the same time different CS organs present different versions of the same situation and one says white what another claims to be black. I do not believe, naive I already know, that boxes of nothing are invented, will it be that the said contradictory news have, after all, the same source

5. the problem is that they don’t sell on credit,

6. since they announced cavani, the club must look for a name greater or equal. I don’t think it’s necessary to find the new Jonar. you have to be right-handed or the SLB will continue to play hard. Bruma, Bruno Herinques, salomon rondom, diego costa, or suarez,

7. Really annoying? Was Seferovic 'machine' with 23 goals, even if SLB was the champion? It was Jonas and JF at that time too, both scored goals, Pizzi also. But Sefe, 4 years old, pc or nothing has evolved, still needs 30 shots per goal, a lot for a striker. CV stays, if leaves.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Watkins has gone quiet

I reckon we could swoop for Walton’s and Edouard ending up at Villa for £30M with big wages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Brian Owen reckons he will go to benfica. We don't really want to get in a ridiculous bidding war, think we should move on.

Aint over till its over, probably right, resigned now the odds are it wont be us, but looks like Benfica might be a bit Skint at present as a lot of their fans in comments sections allude as much, plus something political going on there too - read a shit load of Benfica fans commenting - a lot don't want him also.

It would be their record signing if it happens at the numbers talked of.

Hope more than expectation for us

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
good point and then the issue becomes if they all cost about the same which one represents best value?resale and least risk...

Typically all has gone quiet re Watkins and King lately so my money is us coming on in there soon..

Who has the same agent as Østigård so we'll have been in contact anyway this summer.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My balls no longer feel this transfer. I’ll give them another rub tomorrow when the agent has stopped flouncing on tv.

Mystic bollocks?

I like it!

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
Aint over till its over, probably right, resigned now the odds are it wont be us, but looks like Benfica might be a bit Skint at present as a lot of their fans in comments sections allude as much, plus something political going on there too - read a shit load of Benfica fans commenting - a lot don't want him also.

It would be their record signing if it happens at the numbers talked of.

Hope more than expectation for us

benfica now apparently trying to throw in their fringe players to help improve their offer
https://twitter.com/VerdadMirasol/status/1299050408577568776?s=19
that tells me that financially they may be nearing their limit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here