Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He might actually be interested in those clubs, as he certainly wasn't interested in coming here.

Agreed - the time to get him was when he was in the Spanish second Tier and went to Benefica (plenty on the early pages declaring him as no good of course ! ) , certainly no chance last summer

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Yep just like Van Dijk deal can expect 70M to be about right these days for him. Hopefully we have a couple of young guys in the club who can get half way to that stage like Ben White (without the added 15M English tax).

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Agreed - the time to get him was when he was in the Spanish second Tier and went to Benefica (plenty on the early pages declaring him as no good of course ! ) , certainly no chance last summer
Didn’t we bid £12m Almeria wanted £20m? Benfica paid the asking fee late in the window we could of signed him if we had paid the asking fee is how I read it. Anyway water under the bridge.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Didn’t we bid £12m Almeria wanted £20m? Benfica paid the asking fee late in the window we could of signed him if we had paid the asking fee is how I read it. Anyway water under the bridge.

I thought it was that both us and Benfica had bids accepted and he chose Benfica. Frankly it would have been quite remarkable, as a young South American, if he had chosen us over them.

People insinuating "if only we'd signed him, we'd be selling him for £70m now!" are talking nonsense. We never had a chance the moment Benfica put a bid in.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Didn’t we bid £12m Almeria wanted £20m? Benfica paid the asking fee late in the window we could of signed him if we had paid the asking fee is how I read it. .

You read it wrong, I think.

We had a bid accepted - ergo we DID offer what was required. Benfica matched our bid, and the player chose them.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I thought it was that both us and Benfica had bids accepted and he chose Benfica. Frankly it would have been quite remarkable, as a young South American, if he had chosen us over them.

People insinuating "if only we'd signed him, we'd be selling him for £70m now!" are talking nonsense. We never had a chance the moment Benfica put a bid in.

Yes.

Quite a few think that if the recruitment was better we would currently have Nunez up front and Van Dijk Centre back, presumably alongside Keown, Roy Keane and Ian Wright.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
[tweet]1514344384933908481[/tweet]

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea

Of those declaring him no good, I particularly liked this summary of Warren’s view championing Josh King over him…

Doesn’t want us buying a striker from the Spanish second division, listed the European punts like Andone and Locadia as flops, he was more in favour of Josh King as he’s proven in the division and won’t need a year to settle and adapt.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Apparently Newcastle have tabled an offer of €60M - Agent Ashworth ?

[tweet]1515005728607682564[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Amazing from Ashworth.
I've seen nothing in the last 12 months from Nunez to warrant such a bid.

Top scouting.

Will NSC posters be forever taking stooopid pills every time Cashworth dips his fingers into his warchest of filthy blood soaked money?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
[tweet]1515779857027940354[/tweet]

Few crackers on the first few pages of this thread ! Even our Warren suggesting no good / to risky

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Could happen.

Fair chance he wont be as completely dogshit as the other players (Edouard, Armstrong, Ings) people moaned about not signing this summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here