Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Nunez gives me real confidence the recruitment team can really spot a top striker. Yes we couldn’t land him but he was in the radar years ago and now look at him. Fingers crossed they have other gems in their sights.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Nunez gives me real confidence the recruitment team can really spot a top striker. Yes we couldn’t land him but he was in the radar years ago and now look at him. Fingers crossed they have other gems in their sights.

Do you know what? I reckon that Salah, Jota and Kane could do a job. Now, if only we could only land them.........

In other news I'm watching Citeh v Atleti. It's like watching Potter's Brighton v Hughton's Brighton but with players that haven't been bought using the medium of spreadsheet.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Love the BBC commentary “And from 8yds out, he’s never going to miss from there”

If only we…:wozza:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I really dont think Brighton was ever anywhere near signing this bloke. Probably made an enquiry to Almeria and his agent spread the rumour to make the big clubs pull their thumbs out their arses and sign his client. And that was probably it.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I really dont think Brighton was ever anywhere near signing this bloke. Probably made an enquiry to Almeria and his agent spread the rumour to make the big clubs pull their thumbs out their arses and sign his client. And that was probably it.

I think on the first occasion we had bit more contact, we did go to Spain to discuss the transfer but I very much doubt he was ever interested and like you say used our interest to flush out others.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ex-Porto player breaks his heart.

68B8EA76-A00E-40E9-8592-6EE4FAD05130.png

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Isn’t there an itk nsc’er who said we were tantalisingly close, but Bloom made it a battle of wills when the club upped the price by £1m?

(Possibly in this thread somewhere).

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Is the Spanish Segunda league inferior to the Belgium top division?

Nunez had 16 goals in 30 games in the Spanish Segunda, Undav has 25 in 32, although he is 3 years older.

Nunez figures weren’t stand out in his first Benfica season 6 in 29.

If our recruitment team have targeted both players, it does give some hope for next season.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Isn’t there an itk nsc’er who said we were tantalisingly close, but Bloom made it a battle of wills when the club upped the price by £1m?

(Possibly in this thread somewhere).

If so, it is an example of exactly what I have been arguing on the Yesterday's Game....thread. I just have this nagging doubt that TB can quite his head around the extra mile needed at times; principle becomes mightier than the outcome. I am rather puzzled by Ashworth planting petunias because we could not agree compensation, a decision that will cost a 7 figure sum in salary and lost compensation, and doubtless completely pointless as anyone who has ever been involved in trying to enforce restrictive covenant clauses in employment contracts will know.

I may be writing bollocks as I know nothing, but there are things happening that just don't quite seem to sit right.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If so, it is an example of exactly what I have been arguing on the Yesterday's Game....thread. I just have this nagging doubt that TB can quite his head around the extra mile needed at times; principle becomes mightier than the outcome. I am rather puzzled by Ashworth planting petunias because we could not agree compensation, a decision that will cost a 7 figure sum in salary and lost compensation, and doubtless completely pointless as anyone who has ever been involved in trying to enforce restrictive covenant clauses in employment contracts will know.

I may be writing bollocks as I know nothing, but there are things happening that just don't quite seem to sit right.

Recruitment here seems painstakingly analytical, quite possibly from the mathematical/gaming nous.

I wonder if rivals sometimes make snap decisions where a player ticking loads of boxes becomes available to buy or loan “Let’s just go and get ———- signed up”. I’ve read articles where clubs have made an unexpected January signing, where they say “we’ve followed him for some time and unexpectedly we became aware that a deal was possible”.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
70M Euro price tag on his head... Man Utd, Chelsea & PSG expected to go in for him :wozza:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
70M Euro price tag on his head... Man Utd, Chelsea & PSG expected to go in for him :wozza:

He might actually be interested in those clubs, as he certainly wasn't interested in coming here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here