Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Benfica quoted £30mill last summer but we penny pinched

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lowballed by a couple of mill, if reports of what they wanted and what we offered were true. looks very short sighted now.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
If there is a chance I would like to think we would be in the race for his signature! I'd be gutted if he ends up going there

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If West Ham hadn’t taken that investment maybe we’d have a chance. They only have 1 player on over £100k a week , and they only signed him in the summer !

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Don’t doubt any of that

But we aren’t the team who pay that kind of ££££££

Shame he chose Benfica the first time really.

I agree, there's no chance we'd pay that with our model, and it is a tad frustrating also tbh as some other f***er we compete with will pay it.

Wouldnt choose anyone over Bloom to run our club and his moneyball system has generally served us well with the odd spectacular exception fail like Locadia, but you just cannot win games without proper goal scorers and I really wish we would suspend this model with CF.

Maybe one of Zeqiri, Sarmiento, Undav etc will come good, but maybe none of them will.

In this one position alone, I still think that getting the one better player is better than a handful of cheaper punts.
Full kudos to the recruitment team for identifying him, he is the real deal imho and 1 Nunez even at 44m today is still better than 4 or 5 lesser CF punts imho, but as I dont write the cheques, I get thats not our market.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here