Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
[tweet]1488110000161665028[/tweet]

They have no need to sell Núñez at this stage unless for a stupid fee. No real surprise given they rightly played hardball with us for two years, I doubt they'll just roll over because West 'Am are blowing bubbles in their face

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
They have no need to sell Núñez at this stage unless for a stupid fee. No real surprise given they rightly played hardball with us for two years, I doubt they'll just roll over because West 'Am are blowing bubbles in their face

Wouldnt be transfer deadline day without the Darwin Nunez thread at the top of the big board!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Will only consider a club playing Champions League football apparently...

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Benfica quoted £30mill last summer but we penny pinched

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lowballed by a couple of mill, if reports of what they wanted and what we offered were true. looks very short sighted now.

Will only consider a club playing Champions League football apparently...

So the club missed a trick there in the summer. Only had to qualify for the Champions League and we could have signed him. Typical Brighton, lacking ambition.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Scored the deciding goal to take Benefica past Ajax in the champions league. Real, real shame we couldn’t get this deal done

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Reminiscent of the Van Dijk near miss. One day we’ll land one!

(Maybe)

I think (insofar as any of us know what the numbers really are) that we matched the Benfica bid, just leaving the young man with a straight choice - join Brighton or join Benfica - your call.

C'est la vie ...........................

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
BT Sport reported tonight that Manure and Liverpool are preparing bids of £90m for DN.

Crikey, was it only a year ago that we boxed clever over a relatively small sum.

His stock’s gone up in no time at all.
Keep the faith.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yup. Like Ben White, we’d not have kept Darwin very long.

The club aren't supposed to keep anyone for long - just the players we're stuck with.
(an ever increasing list)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Arguably we already have landed one in Bissouma.

That is either running his contract down, or thinks a deal is inevitable and it does not matter where we finish, all the while decreasing his sale value. You would think he would bust a gut to command a bigger fee etc.
He seems to be cruising at 60% which in fairness still the best player we have when he puts his mind to it effortlessly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here