Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dangerous Dogs

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Whislt at work today I had to stop a dog fight between a Staffordshire Bull Terrier that suddenly kicked off (for no apparent reason) with a labrador, whilst we were dealing with an RTA. The staff would have killed the Labrador, no question. I have never seen such raw and violent aggresion.
The little shit even managed to right bite through my gloves and 5 layer fire-proof fire tunic, 'locked on' and refused to let go, till one of the other crew managed to whack it with a traffic cone.

Why do poeple have dogs like these? They are psyhco, and there is no place for them in 21 century Britain :nono:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Sorry mate but staffs are normally family dogs.They can get funny with other dogs but thats about it.My sister has a staff and i know of others as well.Go to bed mate and don't worry yourself

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Yeah, this dog is fien with people, apparently. So the owners say. But goes mental around other dogs. Why is that??

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I have seen a few being walked on the seafront and one of them attacked a terrier of some kind. My flatmate and I managed to fend the Staff off with a skateboard. The owner of the Bull claimed it had never done anything like that before. Spotted him later with a muzzle on. They are vicious animals and serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever.

The reason why people like these dogs is because the owners class their own image above that of the safety of others.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Bry Nylon said:
Yeah, this dog is fien with people, apparently. So the owners say. But goes mental around other dogs. Why is that??

It's just in there nature.Apart from that they are excellent family pets.Was you at the RTA on the m25 jun 22-23?Sounds nasty

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Bry Nylon said:
They are fighting dogs and need to have firm owners who can control them. Sadly they sometimes have immature/irresponsible owners.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Sorry, but I can't understand why anyone would keep a dog like that or consider it a family pet, they are the thugs of the animal kingdom.

My kid brother has a cocker spaniel, that is what I call a family pet, the dog is daft as a brush and adores their kids. In fact one of his daughters used to sleep in the bed with the dog when she was a toddler, no risk of him biting her or indeed anyone else come to think of it.

All I can think is that the owners see them as some sort of penis extension.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
algie said:
Sorry mate but staffs are normally family dogs.They can get funny with other dogs but thats about it.My sister has a staff and i know of others as well.Go to bed mate and don't worry yourself

Oh well thats alright then. As long as it never meets another dog.... :rolleyes: :shootself

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Gully said:
Sorry, but I can't understand why anyone would keep a dog like that or consider it a family pet, they are the thugs of the animal kingdom.

My kid brother has a cocker spaniel, that is what I call a family pet, the dog is daft as a brush and adores their kids. In fact one of his daughters used to sleep in the bed with the dog when she was a toddler, no risk of him biting her or indeed anyone else come to think of it.

All I can think is that the owners see them as some sort of penis extension.

What utter gash you talk

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Greyhounds are good family dogs, my mums got one and the way my little bro and sis play, cuddle, drag about the thing would make me lash out at them if it was me!

But she just sits there and gets on with it!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Rangdo said:
Oh well thats alright then. As long as it never meets another dog.... :rolleyes: :shootself

No dickhead,just keep it on a lead if you don't trust your own dog.It is not classed as a dangerous dog and never will be.It's a recognized breed which is shown at shows

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Greyhounds can make really good pets, as long as they give you a head start if you go out for a run with them, pity so many of them are abandoned when their racing days are done.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
algie said:
It's just in there nature.Apart from that they are excellent family pets.Was you at the RTA on the m25 jun 22-23?Sounds nasty

No, not on my area. We cover accidents on M11 Essex - Cambs down to M25 J28.
Heard crew messages from the RTA you mention over the radio in the appliance, sounded like a bad one. That would have been attended by crews from Waltham Abbey, Laughton and Epping and possible Harlow.
Don't know any other details, but that tunnel is a nightmare.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Gully said:
Greyhounds can make really good pets, as long as they give you a head start if you go out for a run with them, pity so many of them are abandoned when their racing days are done.

My mums dog is the lazyest fucker going!

her whole litter wouldnt chase anything so they were all sent to the rescue place

it wont move 2 yards all day, but if you take it to the park it goes 0-60 in 4 secs flat! :jester:

Still wont chase anything but she will run like f*** in circles!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
algie said:
No dickhead,just keep it on a lead if you don't trust your own dog.It is not classed as a dangerous dog and never will be.It's a recognized breed which is shown at shows

Wow :eek: You're quite pleasant aren't you? I do love morons whose ability to put forward a constructive argument is so non-existent that they can't complete a sentence without swearing or being abusive. Great :thumbsup:

But back to the point, as long as it's recognised and shown at shows it's alright that they're vicious little fuckers. Good point well made :clap: :rolleyes:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
algie said:
Highlight it where it mentions staffs

1.—(1) This section applies to—
(a) any dog of the type known as the pit bull terrier;

From an alternative source...

Pit Bull is a term that describes several breeds of dogs with similar physical characteristics. The American Pit Bull Terrier and the American Staffordshire Terrier commonly fall under the category of "pit bull."

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Tell you what Paul if your so sure mate.You want £20 quid on it?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
algie said:
Tell you what Paul if your so sure mate.You want £20 quid on it?

3.—(1) If a dog is dangerously out of control in a public place...

One would imagine that attacking other dogs in public places would, by definition of this law brought in by the Conservatives, class this particular Staff a dangerous dog.

Cheque or postal order would be preferable, Spencer. ;)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here