Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dangerous Dogs

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Guinness Dave said:
i own a staffy, ive owned staffys for most of my adult life. i am a responsible dog owner, being neither 'bonehead' or 'chav'.

all my dogs have been soft and friendly round people but have not tolerated other dogs.
when im walking mine he is never off the lead.
i've had all mine from a puppy and (as someone else posted) have made sure the dogs know their place and who's in charge.

having said that, i wouldn't under any circumstances take on an adult staffy because (again as someone else posted) the owners form the dogs personality during puppyhood and there are some irresponsible arseholes who do own dogs like staffs rotties etc just to enhance their macho image.

youre either a dog person or youre not, all my staffs have been an absolute joy and given me years of fun

I think Staffs are superb and get annoyed at all the misguided press they get. They tend to be very friendly (I have never met a bad one) . It's just a shame that Chavs seem to have adopted them. Still that's good for Rottys.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
I have 2 Staffs and mine love my kids, have NEVER started a fight with any other dog, in fact they move away from a dog if it starts to get aggressive and all in all i have not had a minute's trouble from either of them. So does that make me an irresponsible owner and a genreally bad person?

Get real and stop reading the Sun and Daily Mirror, not all what they print is true you know!

:shootself

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
SJ's Love Monkey said:
I have 2 Staffs and mine love my kids, have NEVER started a fight with any other dog, in fact they move away from a dog if it starts to get aggressive and all in all i have not had a minute's trouble from either of them. So does that make me an irresponsible owner and a genreally bad person?

Get real and stop reading the Sun and Daily Mirror, not all what they print is true you know!

we on the beer tomorrow mush?

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Nibble said:
Any dog can be dangerous. They can turn at any point. To try and argue that Staffs are not one of the most volatile is frankly horse shit.

Agreed.

Kill all dogs I say, don't discriminate.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
SJ's Love Monkey said:
So does that make me an irresponsible owner and a genreally bad person?

Of course not..............

BUT BEING A DIRTY PIKEY SCUMMER DOES:salute: :salute: :salute: :lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
SJ's Love Monkey said:
I have NEVER started a fight with any other dog,

Only Brighton fans eh? :jester:
:lolol: :lolol:

I've got an English/ Staffie cross and he's a big softy, fantastic with people and patient and tollerant with children. He can get funny with other dogs so is always on the lead in public places, he's well trained and unless he's in the woods chasing squirels, will come back when called. I would recommend both breeds to any responsible person wanting a datf, affectionate, soppy dog, but make sure they understand that you have to put the work in to get them to this stage.
It is a crime that the chav/twat population want them for the wrong reasons.
The only problem I have with George is his fondness for a boy Scotty dog called Polo. When they get together they dont stop gaying each other up and it gets a bit obscene ! Still I'm from Brighton so what should I expect.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
My in-laws have a Staffie and he's a bit of a WANKER....

HONESTLY, .......he sits there strumming his lipstick with his back leg...Well funny......:lolol: :lolol:

bhaexpress said:
If you want to ban or muzzle all dogs then what would you want to do with all children as a handful of them kill ?

I didn't mean all dogs, I meant all 'staffys'.
If you own one of them, you ought to own a muzzle. "oh but Rufus only gets angry with certain dogs" or "he's never bitten a person before" just doesn't wash for those breeds, sorry.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Not a staff BOF

Attachments

• dog.jpg
    dog.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 90

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Not a staff BOF

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
What a surprise.... (from BBC news online)...

"A two-year-old girl is undergoing surgery in hospital after she was attacked by a dog at a flat in Lancashire on Friday afternoon. The toddler suffered serious facial injuries when she was mauled by the Staffordshire bull terrier and has undergone surgery. The girl was with her mother visiting a family friend when the friend's dog turned on her, police said. The dog, which has no history of aggressive behaviour, is expected to be put down this weekend."

Same breed of fighting dog that went for me on Wednesday, and same excuse from its owners... "Oh, its never done that before...."

:nono:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
How often do we hear of a child being mauled by a golden retriever, labrador or spaniel...not very often. I am not convinced by the arguments of people like algie, defending dogs like Staffordshire/English/Pit Bull terriers, they have a vicious streak that is almost impossible to predict...sadly another young child has suffered to consequences.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
NMH said:
I didn't mean all dogs, I meant all 'staffys'.
If you own one of them, you ought to own a muzzle. "oh but Rufus only gets angry with certain dogs" or "he's never bitten a person before" just doesn't wash for those breeds, sorry.

I don't own a Staff but if I did I wouldn't bother with a muzzle any more than I would with most dogs. Staffs are not very often aggressive and its only sensationalist media reporting and ignorance that makes people believe that they are. Staff attacks are extremely rare as indeed are most dog attacks. Believe me dogs are far safer than people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here