Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn to Saudi FC

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Naylor said Burn is relaxed about it. Happy to go, also happy to stay.

Correct. Respected and well paid Brighton player (likely to get an improved contract) playing for an ELITE manager or back to the NE to play for Geordie Arabia with a BIGGER improved contract - charged with trying to dig the Toon out of their relegation hole with SMUG at the helm.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Saudi Fc can fvck off. DB is an integral part of the success BHA have achieved. He is part of the backbone of a club outside a Euro place. Use your head Dan its PL football guaranteed with BHA.

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
behind a paywall...

Oops sorry. Basically says how their flight to Saudi was on an airplane from a company seized by the crown prince. From the same company as the airplane used by the assassins who killed the dissident journalist in Turkey. Even for that kind of money I couldn't do that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Since the takeover, the Premier League’s chief executive, Richard Masters, has deflected questions about his organization’s ability to ensure that Newcastle did not contravene the assurances about its being separate from the state. When he was asked in November how the league would even know if the local ownership group was following the orders of Prince Mohammed, Masters acknowledged that the league could not know.

“In that instance, I don’t think we would know,” he said. “I don’t think it is going to happen. There are legally binding assurances that essentially the state will not be in charge of the club. If we find evidence to the contrary, we can remove the consortium as owners of the club. That is understood.”

The potential consequences of Richard Masters removing the consortium of owners is a bit chilling imo…

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You’ve got to love Eddie Howe, when asked about the regime’s human rights record and attitude to women’s rights etc this is what he said:

“I’m doing it from a football perspective to try and stimulate the players mentally in a new environment and to forge unity, It’s a footballing trip.

It’s been really good and the weather’s been really good. The lads had an afternoon on the sand with the local people and we’ve been go-karting, doing a lot of other sports and we attended a Saudi v Oman World Cup qualifier with some staff and players. But training’s been the priority.”

At least the weather’s been good Eddie!!!:rolleyes::facepalm:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Reading all the positive stuff from Newcastle fans on their forum about BDB, I really hope he stays. 'Better than what we have, a steal at the price, one of our own coming home, big upgrade, one of the best in a strong Brighton defence,' etc. Especially annoyed by all the suggestions they would be nicking one of our best players for nothing.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Would be sad to see him go, think he's been exceptional this season, but for £15m with other potential first-team centre backs in the wings it would kinda make sense really.

If he was a defender who played mainly one position like Cucurella I'd agree, but he's so versatile, a leftie, can play with feet and can play anywhere across the back in any system. He is also perfect against the direct teams like West Ham and Burnley.and always puts himself on the line.

It's the versatility more than the outright ability. Dunk is a better defender, but not as versatile. Duffy better in the air, but not as good overall imho.

If Cucurella gets injured Burn a much better defensive LB option than Solly.

He's probably not worth much more than 15m but I think he's worth more than that to us. Gives us so many options.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You’ve got to love Eddie Howe, when asked about the regime’s human rights record and attitude to women’s rights etc this is what he said:

“I’m doing it from a football perspective to try and stimulate the players mentally in a new environment and to forge unity, It’s a footballing trip.

It’s been really good and the weather’s been really good. The lads had an afternoon on the sand with the local people and we’ve been go-karting, doing a lot of other sports and we attended a Saudi v Oman World Cup qualifier with some staff and players. But training’s been the priority.”

At least the weather’s been good Eddie!!!:rolleyes::facepalm:

To be fair he was hardly going to say anything else was he now?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
To be fair he was hardly going to say anything else was he now?

No, I post with some sympathy to his predicament, towing the company line. Can't be easy as I doubt he needed the distraction of all these challenging questions and it puts their relationship with the Saudis bang in the spot light for all the players, staff and potential signings.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
No, I post with some sympathy to his predicament, towing the company line. Can't be easy as I doubt he needed the distraction of all these challenging questions and it puts their relationship with the Saudis bang in the spot light for all the players, staff and potential signings.

My heart bleeds.

The greedy f*cker took the money. Now he has to live with the consequences, which includes, quite rightly being asked how he feels about working for murderers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here