Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn to Saudi FC

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Newcastle’s transfer strategy is all over the place much like their new manager search was once Bruce left. The owners may be rich but they are showing themselves to be absolutely clueless when it comes to running a football club.

As for Burn, he’s done well recently and is a great pro but he wouldn’t get in our side when everyone is fit so if they offer £20 million I’d take it.

On present form, he really might.
Anyway, it's not an eleven man game any more.
Unless we buy a CB he'll get 20/30 games a season whatever

Amexarmadillo

Dec 22, 2021
If our price is met (£15m sounds a great fee) then I’m really happy to see him go. He’s been great this year BUT our club model is to make good money on players and have younger replacements to come in to drive up their value and repeat. We have a queue of potential riches at CB waiting their chance. Two outstanding championship level players who have done better than I ever remember Burn being at Wigan in Clarke and Van Hecke. Ostigard playing top level Italian football, and Roberts. Isn’t this what the plan has always been?

If we don’t sell Burn now we will likely never get a fee for him at his age and he will have lost a chance to seriously up his wages.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
£15M - as opposed to the £7 or £8M previously reported (guessed?) - sounds more like it.

If our price is met (£15m sounds a great fee) then I’m really happy to see him go. He’s been great this year BUT our club model is to make good money on players and have younger replacements to come in to drive up their value and repeat. We have a queue of potential riches at CB waiting their chance. Two outstanding championship level players who have done better than I ever remember Burn being at Wigan in Clarke and Van Hecke. Ostigard playing top level Italian football, and Roberts. Isn’t this what the plan has always been?

If we don’t sell Burn now we will likely never get a fee for him at his age and he will have lost a chance to seriously up his wages.

I wouldn't describe £15M as 'great', but I think it's probably realistic. My guess is that such a fee would be accepted, especially if Burn wants to go (not standing in his way - as long as the price is right).

Last edited:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
If he wasn't our player, what price would you be happy to BHA to pay to get him as an established EPL defender?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Vestergard was signed for 15m reportedly. He was also in the final year of his contract. Burn has 18 months left.

Mrs DiS reckons they were well shot of him - that he and Ryan Bertrand are two parts of the reason why Leicester’s defence Is not too hot.

I don’t take enough of an interest in Leicester to comment.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If he wasn't our player, what price would you be happy to BHA to pay to get him as an established EPL defender?
Depends on the quality of the other defenders already at the club. If it was to add to ours considerably lower than if to add to theirs.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Would be sad to see him go, think he's been exceptional this season, but for £15m with other potential first-team centre backs in the wings it would kinda make sense really.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

The answer is that all sorts of posters will show up punting their value, but anyone that has been following things would recognise that there's zero chance that he fits the profile of the players that we target and, potentially, sign.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here