Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn to Saudi FC

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Right now I'd have a higher price tab on BDB than Dunk, just as good at one job, a lot more versatile and a left foot.

£3m per foot. not a penny less.

Only £6m - clueless

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
After Cook and Elphick took him from League One to the Premier League Smug Eddie obviously thinks that centre halves being kept out of our first team by Lewes Dunk are still the way to go. Glad to see that he won't be getting this one for such a bargain price. I see that Newcastle are also being linked with Eddie Nketiah. True to form Smug Eddie likes overpaying for an underachieving young reserve striker from the big six. I hope that goes as well as it has in the past.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
After Cook and Elphick took him from League One to the Premier League Smug Eddie obviously thinks that centre halves being kept out of our first team by Lewes Dunk are still the way to go. Glad to see that he won't be getting this one for such a bargain price. I see that Newcastle are also being linked with Eddie Nketiah. True to form Smug Eddie likes overpaying for an underachieving young reserve striker from the big six. I hope that goes as well as it has in the past.

Do l take it that Mr. Smug-Perfect isn't on your Christmas card list then?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Cook and Elphick were both signed by Bournemouth when Smuggie had that spell managing Burnley, weren't they?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Can't see him staying there if they stay up tbh, They'll want a far bigger name to attract bigger players. If they go down then probably no better manager to get them back up but he'll still be gone.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Cook and Elphick were both signed by Bournemouth when Smuggie had that spell managing Burnley, weren't they?

Yep, Cook was signed by Lee Bradbury and Elphick by Paul Groves. However within about 2 months of Elphick joining Plucky, Smug Eddie was back in charge of them.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Don't like Howe because of his reaction to the ridiculous luck he generally has against the Albion: penalties given for the attacker handling, penalties given for non fouls outside of the box, us having two players sent off in the first twenty minutes. In every one of these cases, he has faced the media with a straight face and claimed that they were valid decisions. I much prefer an honest manager who would grin sheepishly and say that occasionally the luck goes your way. Thankfully, we have one and Newcastle's owners have who they deserve. He'll beat us at the Amex, probably through some obviously wrong VAR decision that he'll claim was right but would be having a Warnock style meltdown about if it had gone against him.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Replacing BDB will need 2 players not in height but as adaptability, Burn under Potter has discovered he's highly adaptable and perfectly comfortable playing in any formation Potter plays him.

Potter loves Burns willing to adapt and learn and so do I, he was outplayed by 1 possibly 2 players since I've been watching him here and one of those is wanted by Barcelona so Burn has done very well and I'd hate it if he left for anyone let alone that skunky club.
Agree with this.
I'd add it also depends on our aims next season. Like Man U have added the£12m bonus onto the Lingaard loan.
If we want to aim for Europe next year, we stand a much better chance if Newcastle are relegated.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Don't like Howe because of his reaction to the ridiculous luck he generally has against the Albion: penalties given for the attacker handling, penalties given for non fouls outside of the box, us having two players sent off in the first twenty minutes. In every one of these cases, he has faced the media with a straight face and claimed that they were valid decisions. I much prefer an honest manager who would grin sheepishly and say that occasionally the luck goes your way. Thankfully, we have one and Newcastle's owners have who they deserve. He'll beat us at the Amex, probably through some obviously wrong VAR decision that he'll claim was right but would be having a Warnock style meltdown about if it had gone against him.

Only got the away game left thankfully :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If we want to aim for Europe next year, we stand a much better chance if Newcastle are relegated.

Absolutely true.

If we take it as (almost) read, that United, City, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool WILL finish in the top 8 places, that only leaves two possible European spots.

This season, we look to be competing with West Ham, Wolves and Leicester (plus Villa perhaps) for those final one or two spots.

Newcastle survive and invest heavily, and they are more than likely to leave just ONE possible spot for all next year's upper-mid-table sides to scrap for.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The Guardian are too. I'm a little bit staggered that anyone is surprised. If we get a decent fee, he goes with my blessing. He's been brilliant for us, this season especially. But we've got four CBs in, or near, their 30s, and the squad needs to evolve.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Sky reporting BDB wants to go ???[/QUOT

If true hardly a surprise. New contract at 29 and probably doubling his wages. The flip side is that in the not too distant future he could be a barely used squad player as they start splashing the big money in their slow conversion to the new ' man city '. Bizarrely it might be to his advantage if they do get relegated as they will just stick to the players they need to get back up from the championship.

Bottom line is that you can't blame him. He's put in a good shift for us and took some stick when played in the wing back position which is not his strength. Good luck to him and strange to think that his dominance over Lukaku may have gone a long way to earn this move.

The alternative view that all the Geordie interest story is utter nonsense started up by his agent in an attempt to negotiate an extension to his contract.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
My reaction was of confusion, as if to suggest that they've spoken to him directly and he said he wants to go. Not just guessing that he's from there and supported them as a kit and would jump at the chance, like Rooney turning down Everton earlier today...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here