Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn to Saudi FC

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
TBF £15M might be acceptable from another club.

But as it is Saudi financed, it should be at least £20M

Don't worry, the price will go up as the end of the window approaches...........they are getting desperate, none of their targets seem to be sticking. Difficult to see a truly bad outcome for the club here

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Haven’t read all the thread so…… when is BDBurns contract up ?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Don't worry, the price will go up as the end of the window approaches...........they are getting desperate, none of their targets seem to be sticking. Difficult to see a truly bad outcome for the club here

They’ve paid ‘buy-out’ clauses for their only two signings to date in this window. Every other target’s club is adding a nice fat Saudi tax to their players’ fees. Quite funny.

They’ll probably do their remaining signings on the 31st as clubs lower their demands. It’s going to be a busy and expensive day for the Geordies.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry to stick my neck out, but have you noticed a correlation between right wing posters claiming that if he wants to go, it’s ‘all about the money’ and centre or left wing posters claiming ‘he want to play for the club he supports and always dreamt of playing for’? I think it’s rather interesting.

I thought the same. This is one of the posters who still thinks Johnson is doing a great job, isn't it? ???

I pity his poor wife, eyeing him nervously as he appraises the woman next door, sunbathing.

The thing is does Dan Burn really want to join albeit, his boyhood heroes who are in a massive relegation scrap. 50/50 chance they will be a championship side next season and despite having unlimited funds world class players don't want to be playing in the championship unless, of course it's just for the money.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
End of next season I think......hence the attempted lowballing on price

No 18 months to go. Hence we can play hardball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
50/50 chance they will be a championship side next season and despite having unlimited funds

There's something strange about Newcastle's financial position. We keep hearing how they're the richest club in the world and have all these funds at their disposal and yet, they've not landed Lingard as they wouldn't meet United's financial demands - from what I can gather, they're about £5m short. They're not going to get Carlos as they wouldn't meet Seville's demands - about £3m short and they're falling about £5m short of BDB's valuation. A side that's quibbling over a few million quid doesn't strike me as one that has 'unlimited' funds

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
There's something strange about Newcastle's financial position. We keep hearing how they're the richest club in the world and have all these funds at their disposal and yet, they've not landed Lingard as they wouldn't meet United's financial demands - from what I can gather, they're about £5m short. They're not going to get Carlos as they wouldn't meet Seville's demands - about £3m short and they're falling about £5m short of BDB's valuation. A side that's quibbling over a few million quid doesn't strike me as one that has 'unlimited' funds
I am not sure, but maybe they are worried about FFP rules and not having as much to spend in the Summer if they overspend now?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

Sure they said something after the takeover that they only had £50m to spend in January. That seems BS now with what they've spent already and the bids they've had knocked back, but maybe the funds aren't as limitless as their fans hoped for. Still strange, I agree, that they seem unwilling to meet the asking price for players they are interested in. All seems to indicate a pretty shambolic recruitment system so far. Fingers crossed it doesn't improve in the next 4 days !!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It’s not - thanks to Mike Ashley tight financial control they have about £100M to spend this window and can stay within FFP

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I am not sure, but maybe they are worried about FFP rules and not having as much to spend in the Summer if they overspend now?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

FFP is done over a 3 year rolling period. A legacy of Mike Ashley running the club at a small profit most years is that they have a huge scope for spending.

Amexarmadillo

Dec 22, 2021
It’s not - thanks to Mike Ashley tight financial control they have about £100M to spend this window and can stay within FFP

I read they could spend £300m and still be ok but would obviously limit their spending capability for a while after.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here