Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn to Saudi FC

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
£7M is the figure being touted on SSN.

Double it, and it might be a starting point for negotiations.

Naylor in The Athletic reported (without a figure) that Albion yesterday had turned down a opening bid. (so guessing perhaps in/around that figure ? )
Whats not clear - and i've not seen any reporting saying otherwise - is whether they are planning on coming back for more.
https://theathletic.com/news/newcas...hton-defender-dan-burn-rejected/ZekJ97KcrksT/

Talk Sport football correspondent (see earlier posts in this thread) have said they've "been told" that Albion are looking for £15m.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
According to the NUFC experts on twitter he has a 9.5 mill or 9.8 Mill or 10 mill release clause so they will just increase their offer to 10 mill and it is done, especially as he's a local lad and would crawl over broken glass to get there.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Dan Burn has not been on prem wages all his career.

Let's be honest, he's been REALLY good for us and I 100% do not want to lose him, but he's not been our stellar CB talent. He's not the headline grabber.. Clubs haven't been scrapping around after him with us fighting off offers each window. If he decided to see out his deal with us, a 30/31 year old Dan Burn will have many interested parties but he's not going to have the TOP clubs fighting for him where the mega bucks is.

This is a phenomenal opportunity for him to secure an insane salary compared to previous earnings, make the most of a team in desperate times and the clock ticking, and see himself through to 33/34

It's a no-brainer for him if we accept an offer. I'd do the exact same thing.

It goes without saying, for comedy effect and for us, I hope we bat away all the hand choppers offers.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's not just us that should be rinsing them for the transfer fee if he does go - he should be doing the same on his contract. They're are getting absolutely desperate - wonderful chance for him to set himself up brilliantly and get an enormous increase. If the club agree to him going he should stick a 100k/week+ demand on the table - because they're getting so close to the wire they'll agree it, because they won't have any other options come Monday. Sure Uncle Tony will give him some tactical coaching on playing this one out if it comes to it......

Interesting the no. of Toon fans on Twitter slagging him off and saying things like 'he's no better than what we've got'. They don't ****ing deserve him.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
According to the NUFC experts on twitter he has a 9.5 mill or 9.8 Mill or 10 mill release clause so they will just increase their offer to 10 mill and it is done, especially as he's a local lad and would crawl over broken glass to get there.

Slightly off topic and not disputing how good he has been for us recently, but with lots of money would BDB be the go to player to save NU from relegation? Might he only be back up ?

I would be looking to splash the cash on a recognised leader in the centre of defence. Not sure who

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I do worry Dan Burns head has been turned over this. He is unlikely to be one of the bigger earners in a squad that is not one of the biggest wage bills in the division, Newcastle could probably comfortably offer him a significant increase on his current wages and at 29 he is unlikely to get another opportunity for that. Newcastle are whether we like it or not a bigger club than ourselves and obviously now the sky is the limit for them so there is potential to be part of an exciting journey irrelevant of how uncomfortable we are with where the money is coming from to fund it. If there is genuine interest from Newcastle I think the odds would be in favour of him being a Newcastle player come 1st February.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Really doubt that's the case. Firstly, Tony has said previously how he doesn't like such clauses, and secondly would we really agree a £10m release clause in a signing from Wigan ???

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Really doubt that's the case. Firstly, Tony has said previously how he doesn't like such clauses, and secondly would we really agree a £10m release clause in a signing from Wigan ???

Well yes that and the question, how does a Newcastle fan know what's in his contract?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Dan Burn has not been on prem wages all his career.

Let's be honest, he's been REALLY good for us and I 100% do not want to lose him, but he's not been our stellar CB talent. He's not the headline grabber.. Clubs haven't been scrapping around after him with us fighting off offers each window. If he decided to see out his deal with us, a 30/31 year old Dan Burn will have many interested parties but he's not going to have the TOP clubs fighting for him where the mega bucks is.

This is a phenomenal opportunity for him to secure an insane salary compared to previous earnings, make the most of a team in desperate times and the clock ticking, and see himself through to 33/34

It's a no-brainer for him if we accept an offer. I'd do the exact same thing.

It goes without saying, for comedy effect and for us, I hope we bat away all the hand choppers offers.

You mean the hand chopper offers' offers, I think?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I guess if you're a professional player it's the dream to play for the club you support .

Sounds good in theory. But might want to have a word with Big Shane Duffy...entitled fans, club in a mess, manager that doesn't know how to use best use you...and dreams can quickly become nightmares.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

One of them replies
Flash the Dog@srstorey1 Replying to [MENTION=17609]Alex[/MENTION]_crook -- "Who should we make the cheque payable to?"

Sums up NewSaudiArabia United, utter charlie bigbollox joeys.

Normally I would wish him all the best if Dan went to a new club (apart from that lot up the road), but now anyone who goes north for blood money, I wish them nothing but abject failure, in their time spent on the playing field.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
If your Dan Burn, you have to ask yourself
1: if I join Newcastle and keep them up, will I be upgraded on in the summer, probably yes -
He strikes me as a player who is not content sitting on the bench, and would at least like the opportunity to be in the first team at least a contender, which he is here -- sensible conclusion = stay

2: if I join Newcastle and they go down, do I want to be playing in the Championship and upgraded on, next season -- sensible conclusion = stay

Either way around, he knows it will be short term, it all depends on his desire to move back north and play for Newcastle the team he was a youth player at. also factor in the possible wage increase and signing on fee, probably last big transfer.
I can see him wanting to go, to be honest.

That said 15million and a non relegation bonus for us if they stay up is about right.

I think that's an argument you could make for Lewis Dunk, but for Dan Burn, he's got at much chance of being stuck on the bench for Brighton next season as he would for Newcastle.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

That makes a lot of sense. Release clauses are always in the favour of the player and normally apply to high-profile young players who see their contract as a potential stepping stone to a bigger club. A 26 year old defender who'd played all of his career in the Championship or lower is unlikely to have insisted on such a clause.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
At 29, with 3-5 years left of his career you really couldn't blame Dan Burn if he chased the money. How many of us would turn down the chance to double our salary?

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I am sure that if Dan Burn does go to the Hand Choppers he will always get a good reception when he comes back to The Amex; he's put in a good shift for us and seems a decent bloke...(however, I always have reservations about anyone who holidays in Dubai)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here