Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn to Saudi FC

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I am sure that if Dan Burn does go to the Hand Choppers he will always get a good reception when he comes back to The Amex; he's put in a good shift for us and seems a decent bloke...

It’s this sort of stunning insight I pay my monthly NSC subscription for. Top bombing faoilean.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
At 29, with 3-5 years left of his career you really couldn't blame Dan Burn if he chased the money. How many of us would turn down the chance to double our salary?

Sorry to stick my neck out, but have you noticed a correlation between right wing posters claiming that if he wants to go, it’s ‘all about the money’ and centre or left wing posters claiming ‘he want to play for the club he supports and always dreamt of playing for’? I think it’s rather interesting.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
At 29, with 3-5 years left of his career you really couldn't blame The Albion if we chased the money. How many of us would turn down the chance of £15 - £20m for someone whose contract is running down and isn’t first choice when everyone is fit ?

Amended to support your initial point

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Sorry to stick my neck out, but have you noticed a correlation between right wing posters claiming that if he wants to go, it’s ‘all about the money’ and centre or left wing posters claiming ‘he want to play for the club he supports and always dreamt of playing for’? I think it’s rather interesting.

No.

I see both.

He was a Newcastle fan as a kid and comes from the area - I'm sure he'd want to play for them and that could be a reason for him wanting to go.

He'd also double (minimum I would imagine) his money - what's wrong with him wanting to increase his salary? - Nothing wrong with that being a reason to leave either.

I guess I'm a centrist - but I know that anyway.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

No, not really, and if Dan, himself, is to consider going to Newcastle, then I dare say he would weigh up the situation and sensibly consider all the reasons for going and that would include dosh and a possible desire to play for the club of his boyhood dreams.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I doubt there is a release clause - if there was then they'd have already triggered it, a-la Wood. Why piss about over £1-£2m at this stage of the window.

£8-£10m is a DERISORY offer for an experienced Premier League defender at a top 10 PL club, who is a regular and important part of our team, and still has a good 3-4 years in him. Its indicative of the chancers and amateurs pulling the strings at that clown college now.

Get to £15m and Bloom MIGHT come and sit at the table. Otherwise - don't waste our time.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You do know you can cancel it now Mustafa has flounced?

*hides from [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]*

I seem to remember that one of the not-so-attractive USP's of the infamous Jamie's BHA fan site was that it was subscription based.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No.

I see both.

He was a Newcastle fan as a kid and comes from the area - I'm sure he'd want to play for them and that could be a reason for him wanting to go.

He'd also double (minimum I would imagine) his money - what's wrong with him wanting to increase his salary? - Nothing wrong with that being a reason to leave either.

I guess I'm a centrist - but I know that anyway.

All this club of his boyhood dreams, dream of playing for his hometown club - I don't know if most players think like that, I think from early teens they're on a career path to professional football and being a fan goes out of the window. If BDB makes a move I suspect it will be because it suits his family, is a good offer, and suits his career. I think the romance of hometown supported club is just for the romantics to be honest.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wonder if the delay in the Roberts move to Sheffield Wednesday suggests there are any legs in this rumour?

Incredible that SSN can report an alleged £7M bid without even raising an eyebrow at how ridiculously small it is.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
One of these funny little graphs they do to demonstrate stuff..

gZOCdmF2jTI49kwiuhrS4yWvpCqxj3fKc0ife2srhg4.png

Defenders progressive passing v aerial ability. On these axes Webster is one of the best in the league. So is Burn, nestling next to VVD and Maguire. Right next to him is Kilman, described as the most 'underrated CB in the league'

Maybe that should point to Burn? Maybe we need to reassess who Dan Burn is - one of the very best around right now...?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Wonder if the delay in the Roberts move to Sheffield Wednesday suggests there are any legs in this rumour?

Incredible that SSN can report an alleged £7M bid without even raising an eyebrow at how ridiculously small it is.
Sky just said Newcastle are in talks with Bayer Leverkusen with regard to buying their left back.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
One of these funny little graphs they do to demonstrate stuff..

View attachment 144400

Defenders progressive passing v aerial ability. On these axes Webster is one of the best in the league. So is Burn, nestling next to VVD and Maguire. Right next to him is Kilman, described as the most 'underrated CB in the league'

Maybe that should point to Burn? Maybe we need to reassess who Dan Burn is - one of the very best around right now...?

If that chart is meaningful it suggests that both Webster and Burn are better than, for example, Mings, both in aerial ability and progressive passing, whilst Coady is a total donkey. Seems fairly accurate.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looks like their Carlos pursuit is over.

“Newcastle's pursuit of Diego Carlos appears over'
SSN Chief Reporter Kaveh Solhekol on ‘The Transfer Show:’
“It looks like Newcastle’s pursuit of Diego Carlos is over, the two sides were too far apart, Newcastle were not willing to pay what Sevilla wanted.
"And we are not getting any indication Newcastle are going to go back in and increase their offer and it looks like they have already turned to alternative targets for those centre-back positions.” Sky

This could make the Burn deal more likely.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spo...s/newcastle-united-dan-burn-brighton-22898796

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

“It looks like Newcastle’s pursuit of Diego Carlos is over, the two sides were too far apart, Newcastle were not willing to pay what Sevilla wanted.
"And we are not getting any indication Newcastle are going to go back in and increase their offer and it looks like they have already turned to alternative targets for those centre-back positions.” Sky

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spo...s/newcastle-united-dan-burn-brighton-22898796

Ups Dan's price as well :D

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I doubt there is a release clause - if there was then they'd have already triggered it, a-la Wood. Why piss about over £1-£2m at this stage of the window.

£8-£10m is a DERISORY offer for an experienced Premier League defender at a top 10 PL club, who is a regular and important part of our team, and still has a good 3-4 years in him. Its indicative of the chancers and amateurs pulling the strings at that clown college now.

Get to £15m and Bloom MIGHT come and sit at the table. Otherwise - don't waste our time.

TBF £15M might be acceptable from another club.

But as it is Saudi financed, it should be at least £20M

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Well if Burn and his agent have any sense, they'll wait and see who else Newcastle buy (if anyone) in the next few days, as without a good few extra in, even if BDB goes, theyre still going to be in trouble. They havent done enough yet and their scattergun buy anyone policy isnt working.

If I were BDB and willing in theory to move, I'd leave it till 31st.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here