Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Another great stage of racing, looking forward to catching the highlights after the footy with some sound.

Won't give away the result, but check out the 4th rider over the line :facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't :facepalm: him, that fella is my new hero, great stuff.

Sky will need to watch their backs now.
As if the race couldn't get more interesting, that happens.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bill Fother's pointed out on Twitter:-

William Fotheringham ‏[MENTION=11750]Will[/MENTION]foth
So valverde's whinging about crash is he? Easy answer: who rode on last stage of Paris-Nice? #hoistwithownpetard

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Whoa! 1066 taking his customary huge lead early doors.

Thanks to a stage win today from my man Simon Clarke. I got the wrong CJR rider though, but who's complaining. Funnily enough I SCOOPED £10 cash on my half time hattrick ticket tonight too for 'no goals'. All in all, what with the Albion putting in a good performance tonight again, I think it's safe to say that today's been quite a good day for me. :) But it's a grand tour so one things for sure, I'll be slipping off the top once the real action starts in the big mountains I expect.

What another action packed day of racing that was! I have to say I do feel sorry for Valverde. He's looking strong and that's not a nice way to lose the leaders jersey today. Having said that, I wonder if Robert Millar is out there somewhere watching on tv and having a quiet chuckle to himself? :lol:

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ooh, just noticed I did get some value from my CJR rider after all, although the fantasy site awarded the points to the wrong brother. Hopefully it'll be sorted tomorrow and I'll have another 7 pts for today on my total.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ok, very boring stage today, but why so quiet over here?

Looks like another exciting stage tomorrow, but no ITV4 highlights until 10pm. Seems to have J Rod written all over it but it's bound to be GC fireworks on the final climb again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I mentioned celeste bar tape, so Pantani is being fanned by a phalanx of podium girls.
Don't know about anyone else.

Nice journo's in Spain, good liberal use of the word 'balls'. :lol:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I've not got a clue what to do transfer wise for today's stage. Might just leave my team as it is, as I can't get Gilbert in without taking out my big guns.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've had enough already, closing in on 200points down, with a 121 point stage. :facepalm:
So am just putting every Spanish climber in I can get my hands on, in swap in J Deg, at the merest hint of a flat stage.

I'm liking Roger Hammond's punditry.
Pretty succinct, knows his stuff, and puts it across well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just read an interview with Dave Millar, where they reference the massive smash, in the tour.

It was caused by a strong tail wind on a dead straight and narrowing road.
Dave says he was going as 78kph, when, Davide Vigano decided to help Petacchi take his overshoe off! :facepalm:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Loving this Vuelta so far.

I think it's J Rod or Valverde for the win again today.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I'm going successful breakaway for today. The two climbs near the end are cat 3s so the big names will not be able to put much time in to each other and they will not want to waste energy chasing a breakaway down before the serious stuff starts again at the weekend.

Proper riders in the break today.

Martijn MAASKANT, Joost VAN LEIJEN, Kristof VANDEWALLE, Pieter WEENING and Thomas DE GENDT

and all from Holland or Belgium.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
***SPOILER ALERT***

Argh, I hovered over Santambrogio, for today's stage.

But what with him being my cheap, point scoring, banker, from the tour.
Who I couldn't then get rid of, as he was a non point scoring, cheap, pain in the arse, I decided against him.

He rolls in eighth, which could have turned a respectable 112 points into something a resembling a points claw back.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yep, Santambrogio certainly surprised me today, as did someone doing really well in the sprints. In fact, I'm not too happy with the latter being right up there today.

That was almost as nailed on for J Rod today as is possible to get I suspect.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Froome, did the business on the others though.

Even with a paltry amount of TT'ing CF can put J-Rod to the sword.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh and some of those hairpins looked mightily steep.

Heano almost stopped on one of them, towards the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here