NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yay me.

Stat's racked up the points today!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just watched back today's highlights, well played SB.

A bit naive from Ben Swift there I thought, but hey ho, he's still young and learning.

4 transfers to work on for tomorrow now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My first and most definitely only 1-2-3.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What do you reckon for tomorrow?

I can't see it being an out and out climbers finish as is being suggested. 2km flat run into the finish might make it interesting. A possible surprise stage winner rather than anyone from GC perhaps.

Edit: I should add, I've already done my transfers for tomorrow.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I looked at my team, looked at the stage, though 'oh bugger', put Gilbert in and walked away.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
So difficult to pick teams for this, so far. Could be anyone to win today, I suspect a breakaway with no genuine contenders in it, to stay away as the other teams will not want to chase them, why would they?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I really have no idea what's going on, in this Vuelta.
I think I could have OC'ed (over cycled).

The world's can't come soon enough, I need the break :lol:.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Good race so far, both Sky and Saxo Bank T riding hard at the front to keep Froome and Bertie safe. I was worried when Bertie went all out to get a two second bonus to get on par with Froome, however most pundits reckon its because Bertie is worried he will not take time our of Froome and Sky in the high mountains so reckons it will be come down to very small margins. Sky rode a much better TT with Movistar just dragged around by Bertie.

Really felt for Rabobank on the team TT sitting out in the hot sun due to organisers, only to be relegeted to third due to a timimg error. I think the camera work is better this year (bar the motorbike in the run in yesterday).

Today should see the main contenders show however we are in Basque country and a finish on a big famous Basque climb so I reckon we should see someone in Orange going for it and Bertie and Froome marking each other.

Attachments

• V P 3.jpg
    V P 3.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 3 profile.png
    3 profile.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 40

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We rock! :lol:

Well if that's the Vuelta settling it's stool out, I may well get my cycling second wind, quite soon!

AC must be fairly gutted he wasn't able to put the 'big boys' to the sword.
Cobo's win last year, gets dodgier by the day.
The Sky machine is just that, pretty impressive, once again.
IF Froome can pull this off (or even get close) it will be a mightily impressive ride.
Making this next bit a tough write.

I think Chris Froome is a bit of a dick.
Post Tour and Olympics I've been reading and refreshing my memory, re Froome-Dog.

He pretty much owes Sky his career.
Almost everything he was doing he was doing wrong, even with Sky.
He only knuckled down, to the Sky way, for the Vuelta, pulled off a result and got a massive contract.
This on the verge of being cut by them.
Once again he only squeaked into the Tour team @ the 11th hour, due to his latest disease.
From nowhere he's a TT'er which has earned him an Olympic medal.
Now he's leading the best team, in a grand tour, with the distinct possibility of leading them in Le tour '13.

All that and he's still being a dick about it.

There I've said it, and feel all the better for it!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That he's pushing to leave Sky.
Re the Vuelta team - 'I'll ride for anyone who's better than me', heavily loaded with sarcasm.
His lack of class chasing AVV in Le Tour.
The Twitter spat (sure there's plenty 'tabloid' there, but no smoke...)

and I'm tired :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well that was a cracking little stage - lived up to the hype after all. Funny watching Bert trying to ride everyone off his wheel and failing miserably. Bit silly from Purito sitting up on the line like that, surely he knew Valverde was determined to take that stage win today. Fantasy wise the finish line shananagans made no odds to me as I had both of them, but foolishly I wrote Talansky off too early.

Re: Froome. You call most things spot on SB but I'm hoping you've got it totally wrong on Froome. I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just watched some the Cycle Show episodes I'd recorded.

Never could stand the sight of Jeff Banks whenever I'd seen him pop up on telly before. Well, that'll learn me, turns out he's a really keen cyclist and came across as a Top Man (no fashion intended). Amidst all the very knowledgeable common sense he's talking, turns out he's sponsoring he's local Youth racing team (Catford) for the next 3 years too. Well played that man.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well that was a cracking little stage - lived up to the hype after all. Funny watching Bert trying to ride everyone off his wheel and failing miserably. Bit silly from Purito sitting up on the line like that, surely he knew Valverde was determined to take that stage win today. Fantasy wise the finish line shananagans made no odds to me as I had both of them, but foolishly I wrote Talansky off too early.

Re: Froome. You call most things spot on SB but I'm hoping you've got it totally wrong on Froome. I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Chances are I'm very wrong. If he were to go elsewhere he'll never be as good, again, as he is now.
Anyone wanting to shell out the large amount of cash, needed to get him from Sky *cough* BMC *cough*.
Will have to do it between the end of the Vuelta and before the Tour route is announced, as it's not going to be a tour for Brad.

Great riding yesterday, it looked like a bunch of mates having a 'dick swing-off', esp the way they charged the last 500m.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
My commute bike is sorted. After lots of problems with the rear brake it went in the garage for 5 weeks. I decided tonight to sort out those problems (replace the cable and outer) and I now have a commute/winter hack.

Please excuse the poor bartape. It's a bit shocking and I think I done it backwards, but I'll survive. Oh, and the hoods were f***ed so I just used insulation tape to make them look a bit better.

On a plus point, it rides like a brand new bike (with poor 1980's brakes). And yes they are BMX pedals, as they are dirt cheap and I want to ride it with regular shoes.

IMG_20120821_190044.jpg

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
It's definitely Exage, not sure what ones though. One thing it does need is proper tyre pressures. It's only got that small hand pump with it, so probably got about 60-70PSI in there. I'm gonna ask at work if anyone has a track pump I can use to pump the tyres up properly.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Quality, old skool retro classic.

I've been meaning to ask about the bar tape, for ages.

I guess that puts you in the cycling geeks - sub section - tape moron. It's nice to have some company. :lol:

are you going to get 'silly' with it, and spend more money blinging that than what you could have spent on a new bike.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
One thing it does need is proper tyre pressures. It's only got that small hand pump with it, so probably got about 60-70PSI in there. I'm gonna ask at work if anyone has a track pump I can use to pump the tyres up properly.

If someone ever asked for my #1 cycling tip it would be - get a track pump.

Once you've got used to 120-140psi (or 100-120psi if you're carrying a bit of extra 'timber') you can never go back...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If someone ever asked for my #1 cycling tip it would be - get a track pump.

Once you've got used to 120-140psi (or 100-120psi if you're carrying a bit of extra 'timber') you can never go back...
You calling me fat!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here