Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tape is easy - ALWAYS white if you can keep it clean, if not black is the only other option
and celeste. ([MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION]'s anti celeste radar has just gone beep)

You would go from pi$$ing yourself laughing to total rage watching me put tape on.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Loved last nights cyling. Thought Froome had the measure of Contador.

Big climb to end todays stage should be a corker. These shorter mountain finsh stages make for good racing. Lots of good riders waiting in the wings, still a very open race.

2012 Vuelta a Espana LIVE - Stage 4 | www.cyclingfans.com

Attachments

• 2012_vuelta_4.png
    2012_vuelta_4.png
    148.8 KB · Views: 41

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
The bike is going to stay roughly as is. I'll probably get the rear wheel realigned as it's a bit buckled at the moment (rideable but the brake rubs) and it will need new tyres. Maybe a new saddle further down the line, but apart from that little list it will stay as it.

I have got a track pump, but it's still in shipping (should be here in about a week or so).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The gauntlet has been thrown down.
I can't see to many quiet stages, now.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
and celeste. ([MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION]'s anti celeste radar has just gone beep)

You would go from pi$$ing yourself laughing to total rage watching me put tape on.

I put the tape on the wrong way around. I started at the top and worked down so if you slide your hands down the bars you ruffle the tape up. I'll probably buy some more tape in a couple of weeks and try again (this time with clean hands as well).

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Hello! :nono:

celeste bar tape should be added to list of NSC banning offenses!

Errr...

this.

If only you could find someone to second that motion :lol:

:bigwave:

I put the tape on the wrong way around. I started at the top and worked down so if you slide your hands down the bars you ruffle the tape up. I'll probably buy some more tape in a couple of weeks and try again (this time with clean hands as well).

After all the great tips I gave too. There's some good videos on youtube, showing you how to do it. Although that big lump at the bottom will stop your shopping bags from falling off! What?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I know [MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION]. It it quite a neat job (apart from the double up on the end on the right), just run the tape backwards. It will be a whole lot better next time.

To be fair my first attempt wasn't all that. I had the unfair advantage of having a cycle mechanic teach me though so got quite good in the end.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Once you've got used to 120-140psi (or 100-120psi if you're carrying a bit of extra 'timber') you can never go back...

Where do you ride with 120-140 psi? I'd take that round Preston Park track, but 'normal' roads?!?! You'll never get a smooth ride on that pressure.

For me: 100 front, 110 rear (and 68kg)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hello! :nono:

Errr...

this.

:bigwave:

After all the great tips I gave too. There's some good videos on youtube, showing you how to do it. Although that big lump at the bottom will stop your shopping bags from falling off! What?
Why do I have a mental image of you, as Batfick, P.
Your supersonicsonaradar picking up any mention of celeste bar tape, then you leaping in to save the day. :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know [MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION]. It it quite a neat job (apart from the double up on the end on the right), just run the tape backwards. It will be a whole lot better next time.
Oh that's right leave me all alone on the stooopid step.
I'm sure if I were to dot it in celeste it would look much better.
Yes it would!, maybe.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Where do you ride with 120-140 psi? I'd take that round Preston Park track, but 'normal' roads?!?! You'll never get a smooth ride on that pressure.

For me: 100 front, 110 rear (and 68kg)

Yeah, to be fair i haven't been on 140psi since I did that for a TT a few years ago and a tube exploded the following morning sitting in the sun - blew the tyre off the rim. Thought the house was falling down.

I always ride 120psi on my road bike though and yeah, I suppose the ride is a bit harsh but i've sort of got used to it

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've always been a 105 to 110, kind of guy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here