Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Thanks for the heads up on this :thumbsup:

This means my planned months Europlayer subscription for the Vuelta will be starting from tonight so I can watch highlights of San Sebastian tomorrow and still be well in for the Vuelta :)

Its worth the fee just to see the winner in the most stupid hat they can find in Northern Spain, look the podium can hardly look Gilbert in the eye and stop from smirking thinking phew I nearly won that, close shave...

Attachments

• Philippe_Gilbert_1968851b.jpg
    Philippe_Gilbert_1968851b.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 31

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know it was. I confess to giving up on some of it. The quality of footage is out of their hands though isn't it. I hope they don't have Matt Rendell sat in the studio giving his thoughts again. He certainly knows his cycling onions and is a very good writer, but there's something I find quite creepy about him in front of a camera and I can't quite place it. In fact, perhaps he should be there again so I can give him another chance and be converted.
He's a freakin liability with a roving mic, though.

They never showed it but he asked DB if Sky were cheating, when Chris first sat up for Brad. :facepalm:

His best was a couple of years ago, after Cadel had a bad stage.
He badgered Evans, from the team bus, across the car park, into the hotel, across the foyer, until the lift doors shut on him. :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I just discovered San Sabastian is on our fantsy list after all, it's NOT just for premium players.

You'll have to load it form the stage drop down menu.

Panic team now for me before going to bed as I thought it was only for Premium players.

Deadline is about 10am tomorrow morning I think. I'll have no time in the morning.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
That's the quickest team I've ever picked! It helped that I'd been doing research earlier this evening of recent races for the Vuelta.

All done and off to bed now. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Good luck all.

Edit: My team includes 4 Spaniards, 1 Dane, 1 Swiss, 1 Portuguese, 1 French & 1 Eastern European.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's the quickest team I've ever picked! It helped that I'd been doing research earlier this evening of recent races for the Vuelta.

All done and off to bed now. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Good luck all.

Edit: My team includes 4 Spaniards, 1 Dane, 1 Swiss, 1 Portuguese, 1 French & 1 Eastern European.
It's not on mine.
I've got the Vuelta next.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Go to competitions drop down menu and click on it from there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm in, a record 4 minute selection.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Team picked with a little research. I won't get to watch this one though as I am off to Swindon shortly.

J Rod, Uran, Valverde, Vanendert, Cataldo, Astarloza, Iziguirre, Quintana, Sarmiento

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Team picked with a little research. I won't get to watch this one though as I am off to Swindon shortly.

J Rod, Uran, Valverde, Vanendert, Cataldo, Astarloza, Iziguirre, Quintana, Sarmiento

van den Broeck, LL Sanchez, Gerrans, Uran, Noncentini, Ulissi, Navarro (no we haven't released him), Jerome Pineau, David Lopez (MOV)

Not holding out much hope on my domestiques to do much.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
van den Broeck, LL Sanchez, Gerrans, Uran, Noncentini, Ulissi, Navarro (no we haven't released him), Jerome Pineau, David Lopez (MOV)

Not holding out much hope on my domestiques to do much.

Me either, Cataldo maybe and the Euskatels will want to get in the break but that is dependent on getting the right ones.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
J-Rod, LL Sanchez, Moreno, Uran, Albasini, Navarro, Izagirra, Txurruka, Moser (who is already greyed out!).

All done in about 30 seconds last night!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Igor Anton, Sylvain Chavanel, Damiano Cunego, Giovanni Visconti, Mikel Astarloza, Richie Porte, Michael Albasini, Rinaldo Nocentini,Tiago Machado.

Bizarrely enough I think more of my doms than stars!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here