Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
1.3.4.8 from the top 9.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Wet weather has arrived then. Anyone got or used one of those arse saver mud guards? Look handy and seem to get good reviews. I remember someone in Milan - San Remo with one this year too (may have been Ciolek or Haussler, can't remember). Thinking of getting one as I don't have the luxury or space for a winter hack and can't fit mudguards to my road bike (and wouldn't want to anyway to be honest).

Meanwhile...>>>>FANTASY HEADS UP<<<<<<< don't forget to pick your final team of the season for Paris - Tours this Sunday.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I really can't be doing with mudguards as such and so the raceblades don't appeal either. I rarely ride in wet weather, unless I'm caught out, but sometimes I just need something quick and easy to keep my arse dry from wet roads.

Totally agree on the cut & shunt look. Doesn't appeal to me in the looks department either, but then again it would always be about the spec and feel over looks any day of the week for me. I'm almost embarrassed by the colour scheme on my secondhand Battaglin, but I like the spec and feel I got for the money.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
What a nice surprise to wake up, put on the telly, and catch the last 20 km of Stage 2 of the Tour Of Beijing, live. Good stuff too, especially from FDJ and Bouhanni.

But it's quite surreal to watch a race with so many top riders and virtually nobody there to watch. Will the Chinese take to pro cycling, or road cycling in general? On the evidence from this morning, it's gonna be a tough struggle to drum up any interest.

Not that I've conducted any sort of scientific survey.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The question 'what would you do for the future of cycling on TV', was asked of The Human's Invent cycling podcast chaps.

Apparently Dave Millar is involved in some kind of film project, of which Richard Moore had seen parts.
He said not only did they but a camera on the front of his helmet, and it looked great.
They also put on on the the back of his helmet, looking straight back into the peloton.
RM said those visuals in particular were stunning.

Lionel Birnie also had a good idea, re rider identification and numbers.
The first is a no brainer, that being 'stop everyone wearing the same bloody colours and kit'.
But also instead of team numbers each rider should have their specific number for the season, based on the previous years final World Ranking position. It should also be a big number on the side or back.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Effing typical. Just as I approached the ballsy bit of my new climb, a fallen tree blocked the route. Impassable. Bit of a detour needed. Mudguards did good bu she was still filthy.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Going out in style for the fantasy season. Gone for the luxury of including Farrar in my team. Would love to see the youngest person to ever win this race though, and he's French to boot. Bet's hedged on a late break/reduced sprint win with Chavanel in my team and Morkov on £1 e/w @ 80/1.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Going out in style for the fantasy season. Gone for the luxury of including Farrar in my team. Would love to see the youngest person to ever win this race though, and he's French to boot. Bet's hedged on a late break/reduced sprint win with Chavanel in my team and Morkov on £1 e/w @ 80/1.

Oh bollox. Despite a reminder from you and Moto, I have missed the deadline for today's race. Again.

Tour of Beijing on live right now, by the way, it looks beautiful over there. 25 km to go.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Tony Martin nearly got away on the descent - 4 km to go, looks like a sprint finish for a select group that has got through some beautiful mountains.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Bouhani wins again! Really good Sprint finish. Brilliant to see a bit of live cycling in the morning. Back to work tomorrow though...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
And it's all over. Got there just in time.

SB's mate takes it. Not sure what Petacchi was playing at?

Can Demare make it a FDJ double later today?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Bouhani wins again! Really good Sprint finish. Brilliant to see a bit of live cycling in the morning. Back to work tomorrow though...

Yeah, perfect timing to drop in on it like that, thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

Looks like this rain is in for the day. was hoping to get out with the kids on the bikes again, but doesn't look like that's going to happen now :(

Eurosport have Paris - Tours on live later I think so it'll be over to steephil for me later on.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Yeah, perfect timing to drop in on it like that, thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

Looks like this rain is in for the day. was hoping to get out with the kids on the bikes again, but doesn't look like that's going to happen now :(

Eurosport have Paris - Tours on live later I think so it'll be over to steephil for me later on.

1.15 on Eurosport 2. I don't even have to argue with my son as there is no football on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here