Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Can we record this and send it to SB I wonder? It's the Nacer Bouhanni show! :lol:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Gilbert has them all out on strike :wink:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/gil...-for-easing-in-number-and-difficulty-of-races

He certainly has a point. If we're feeling fantasy burn out, and that's not even as 'Premium' players, then imagine how those poor buggers are feeling who have to put in all those miles for real.

Gilbert is absolutely right, especially in mentioning how the fight against PEDS is hardly supported by such a difficult schedule.

But I thought the Chinese might turn out to support the race. Or that the government would make them ;)

I can't see much of a future for pro cycling in China.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Damn. Coquard down in a crash. Going to be hard work getting back on now.

Edit: Back on already and they even sent Tommy V back to help. :)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well that's a nice way to end my season. Morkov came in 2nd for my £1 e/w (£2 stake) @ 80/1 bet :banana:

Covered leaving him out of my fantasy team for the luxury of Farrar.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well that's a nice way to end my season. Morkov came in 2nd for my £1 e/w (£2 stake) @ 80/1 bet :banana:

Covered leaving him out of my fantasy team for the luxury of Farrar.
'Can Farrar make it' - 'no'.

I was sure I'd swapped Van thingy for Johnny D, pretty gutted to have missed out on those easy points.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Congratulations 1066, chapeau.

TOTAL FANTASY DOMINANCE.

Drop me a pm and I'll send you off your prize, next week.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Congratulations 1066, chapeau.

TOTAL FANTASY DOMINANCE.

Drop me a pm and I'll send you off your prize, next week.

Thanks SB. I'm pleased with how I fared nationally too. 18th in non premium races league, 2nd place non premium player (which is the only true level playing field). Top non premium player in the South East league too. That'll do for me, but still want to go purist next season as sometimes picking a team gets to be more a chore than a pleasure.

Did alright on my little bets for the season too. Finished about £40 up on my WH account for the season, nothing but cycling bets. Any joy yourself in that department?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thanks SB. I'm pleased with how I fared nationally too. 18th in non premium races league, 2nd place non premium player (which is the only true level playing field). Top non premium player in the South East league too. That'll do for me, but still want to go purist next season as sometimes picking a team gets to be more a chore than a pleasure.

Did alright on my little bets for the season too. Finished about £40 up on my WH account for the season, nothing but cycling bets. Any joy yourself in that department?
Not a lot.

I lost heart early on with Stybar's start to the season.
Plus kicking lumps out of myself due to Dan Martin.

So now it's done and dusted how long would you say you spent 'working' on fantasy.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

Top work. Well done.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Not a lot.

I lost heart early on with Stybar's start to the season.
Plus kicking lumps out of myself due to Dan Martin.

So now it's done and dusted how long would you say you spent 'working' on fantasy.

As with all things in life - you reap what you sow :wink:

In other news. Took 8yr old 1066 out earlier this evening on her Btwin for some road sense training. She did very well but she came home with a bit of a cob on. She got beat by the hill coming back home again. Only about 10 miles in her legs, and they were fine, as was her engine, but complaining again that her back hurt as soon as she started to climb. Ideally I wouldn't take her up hills just yet like she went up again today, but there's simply no avoiding steep climbing to get back home for us. Only advice I could give her for her back was to get up out of the saddle and up on the hoods and try to straighten up a bit, but she's not very good at this yet, certainly not when it goes up this steep. Any advice anyone? She soon calmed down but I'm worried that too much climbing too soon will totally demoralise her. Might have to load the bikes into the car more often and just hit the flat roads. Hastings really is a killer for hills.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Let her stop until she's ready to go again. Make it a way of letting her see progress by getting her to go past it next time. Small targets and all that. Also count the stops and promise her that the more she goes up there, the fewer she'll need and before long she be worrying you with her pace. Lovely dad/daughter stuff.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Let her stop until she's ready to go again. Make it a way of letting her see progress by getting her to go past it next time. Small targets and all that. Also count the stops and promise her that the more she goes up there, the fewer she'll need and before long she be worrying you with her pace. Lovely dad/daughter stuff.

That's pretty much what I told her this evening and I heaped the praise on. Second time she's done that climb on that bike and less stops tonight than previous. I'll keep plugging away with her but I just don't want to nip her enthusiasm in the bud before she's really got going. Some of the hills around our way are enough to break anyone's spirit to be honest.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Start her with creitin injections.
Followed up with a high EPO and HGH.
Then manage her EPO through micro-dosing.

I wouldn't worry too much about transfusions, at the moment, I doubt she'll be tested in the winter.

IN IT TO WIN IT.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Start her with creitin injections.
Followed up with a high EPO and HGH.
Then manage her EPO through micro-dosing.

I wouldn't worry too much about transfusions, at the moment, I doubt she'll be tested in the winter.

IN IT TO WIN IT.

Good thinking. What age before they have to have one of those passport thingies? Could get right ahead of the game here. Do you think the school nurse might pick up on anything unusual, and if so, is she able to be bought off with a donation of say...a few new first aid kits?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good thinking. What age before they have to have one of those passport thingies? Could get right ahead of the game here. Do you think the school nurse might pick up on anything unusual, and if so, is she able to be bought off with a donation of say...a few new first aid kits?
School nurse isn't a problem, we have people who can have a word!!
We can just explain her physical differences away by saying she's a big fan of Nelson Muntz.
It would be good to start her biological passport next year, that way she can properly commit to doping for the next 30 years.
Even if she doesn't succeed at cycling I'm sure tennis or football would take her.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here