Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Are their any highlights anywhere of todays road race? I've searched high and low, and there appears to be nothing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are their any highlights anywhere of todays road race? I've searched high and low, and there appears to be nothing.
They might turn up unannounced on the BBC red button, later in the week.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So no. I usually support the BBC against their detractors, but until they start to take cycling a little more seriously they should not be allowed near it.
It would seem ITV4 is taking on the cycling mantel.

I have no idea why the BBC has The Worlds, but it's something they seem to have had for a long time.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It would seem ITV4 is taking on the cycling mantel.

I have no idea why the BBC has The Worlds, but it's something they seem to have had for a long time.

I'm sure that they've shown highlights in previous seasons - and not just of the blue riband races, but all through the week.

I could be wrong though.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Official UCI youtube channel has this little 10 minute highlights package up, which is the best I can find so far. If you want more I expect cycling torrents will have the race up in full later on.

[yt]i_agNlehZaA[/yt]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Crivens. I jumped 2 places with a score of 43.

Right, I learnt today that I don't have '100 mile in a weekend' legs. By Wivelsfield, I was running on empty. Its not a bad walk up the Beacon, but I wasn't happy doing it.

From my seat:

GC - Bold
Breakaway - Pogue
KOM - not a geek, (who is) The Judge, otherwise Bold.

NB all these did the return ride.

:bowdown::bowdown:

Special mention to Craig. 22, but on knobbly tyred mountain bike. Never far from the front.

Absolutely loved being out with the pro geeks. Top fellas. Top company.

Struggled to get used to Hamilton not smoking a pipe.

I only got 60 odd points but it was still the best NSC score again to go with my top score for the TT. I only mention it because of the TTT shenanigans :glare: :jester:

Well done to all the geeks and everyone who did the ride today. Hope you all had a great day.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Crivens. I jumped 2 places with a score of 43.

Right, I learnt today that I don't have '100 mile in a weekend' legs. By Wivelsfield, I was running on empty. Its not a bad walk up the Beacon, but I wasn't happy doing it.

From my seat:

GC - Bold
Breakaway - Pogue
KOM - not a geek, (who is) The Judge, otherwise Bold.

NB all these did the return ride.

:bowdown::bowdown:

Special mention to Craig. 22, but on knobbly tyred mountain bike. Never far from the front.

Absolutely loved being out with the pro geeks. Top fellas. Top company.

Struggled to get used to Hamilton not smoking a pipe.

Shall start pipe smoking to live up to the expectations. Great to meet you Moto.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I hate riding in the wet. Freezing temps are fine but not rain. Hamilton would never keep his pipe alight too.

Oh, your bike is stunning in the 'flesh'. Those Italians know how to style. I try not to look too hard in my LBS for fear of glazing over.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I hate riding in the wet. Freezing temps are fine but not rain. Hamilton would never keep his pipe alight too.

Oh, your bike is stunning in the 'flesh'. Those Italians know how to style. I try not to look too hard in my LBS for fear of glazing over.

Even my wife is jealous of her...I mean it....the bike I mean!

Was great to all meet up and do a decent run out. Well worth it at the end.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I've been told I think more of my bike than the wife too.

Next year, I'll plan better and stay with the leaders. Well, by that I mean get someone to hide my bike the day before and not go on a mystery climbing tour between Penge and the stadium.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Unbelievable! :eek:

[yt]2nCGR-sNwNA[/yt]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Oh FFS!

Just seen that Milano -Torino took place today, and it was down for us to do on fantasy. Only one person from our league did it (Crocoli). I've had a full on week and was just looking forward to Lombardy at the weekend, so did';t even realise today's race was on. I now see that we're down for two more Autumn Classics on fantasy after Lombardy too. Can someone, anyone, who remembers any competition we're down to do please give the rest of us on here the heads up because, speaking for myself, I have fantasy fatigue and can't remember any of the smaller races anymore.

It's purist league or nothing for me next season because this is getting a bit too much for my liking now.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ha! Only one of us managed to pick a team for milan-turin today.

Bizarre one to include in the league.

:lol: Must have just spotted it at the same time.

Meanwhile. Been to pick up a B'twin Triban 3 Junior tonight for my 8yr old. She absolutely loves it and can't wait to get out on it. Picked it up from Ebay and is in mint condition. Not sure who's more excited about our first ride out on it, her or me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You do know you're about a thousand points in front with 3 events left, don't you?

MediGull

Nov 14, 2011
Brighton
Well for the first and probably last time when I just logged into fantasy cycling I was delighted to see that I had topped the leader board! Only to realise that I was the only person to enter a team for Italy's oldest classic. All I know is that by the end of Paris-Tours I certainly won't be leading the league as I look to cement my usual place of mid table mediocrity!

On a side note I have an (adult) triban 3 as I can't really afford anything else quite yet and it is blooming wonderful so I'm sure that your daughter will love it!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well for the first and probably last time when I just logged into fantasy cycling I was delighted to see that I had topped the leader board! Only to realise that I was the only person to enter a team for Italy's oldest classic. All I know is that by the end of Paris-Tours I certainly won't be leading the league as I look to cement my usual place of mid table mediocrity!

On a side note I have an (adult) triban 3 as I can't really afford anything else quite yet and it is blooming wonderful so I'm sure that your daughter will love it!
That's a great win, well done!!

Beating 1066 and his 'spare room of knowledge', is not to be sniffed at.
(I have a mental picture of 1066 having pinned on walls all results, form guides, weather conditions, riders birthdays, home towns, like some kind of police drama trying to catch a serial killer)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here