Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
10 has sponsored us. Top man. I'm toying with riding there in full or part. 30 miles on roads I'm not familiar with might be a bit of a gamble. I'll probably jump off the train earlier to do a few extra miles. Surely if it rains we'll be harder to set light to?

Yep, top man, 1066.

And trust you to look on the bright side...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey, I don't know why I thought it was just a token event, clearly getting a good reputation.
Cycling luuuurrrvvvveeesss Britain.

[tweet]383295099134033921[/tweet]

I did a provisional team for Sunday, it's not easy.
Team 1 was very BMC heavy.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Today's the day Geeks! Surely the end of Pat the Rat at the UCI...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Today's the day Geeks! Surely the end of Pat the Rat at the UCI...
Many a twitter journo is reporting in disbelief that amazingly Tefal Pat might pull it off.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Only 6 votes in it.

How the hell did Pat get 18 of 42 votes?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm going very 'classics' for this.

E B0-Harmless has more chance of winning than Froome-dog.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm going very 'classics' for this.

E B0-Harmless has more chance of winning than Froome-dog.

Having watched the women today, I'm not sure it's quite the climbers race it's been touted as. War of attrition on that distance I suppose and so experienced classics men should do quite well. Wet weather forecast, so Nibs should be in his element, especially as one of the descents near the finish is very narrow and technical. I think if a win comes from a break near the end tomorrow then it will be a descent attack rather than a J rod type attack that Vos put in today. I've got full on football and athletics clubs with the kids all day tomorrow so will have to watch the race back as live later in the day.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
JTL withdrawn due to irregular blood values!

Apparently his values from 2012 differ from his bio passport values from this year.

Also, pissing it down in Florence. That'll make I interesting, maybe I should have picked Nibali after all.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Looking at the women's race, it's the type of circuit that should suit Sagan quite well.
One of the 'kids' from the under 23's said he was surprised how 'easy' the course was, and certainly not what he was expecting.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Here's our break:

Godoy, Brandle, Barta, Huzarski and Chtioui have stretched their lead over the peloton out to 3:20 after 20 kilometres of racing.

I had Godoy as my 3 credit rider at one point too, but took him out for someone more likely to finish the race instead.

And here's our live feed:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/24306085

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
So forgot to pick my team, not doing very well at being a Geek lately.

Looks like a lovely day for a bike ride in Florence doesn't it?

Cav has been working hard so far, it is nice to see him putting the effort in when he could quite easily have said the course doesn't suit me, I won't bother turning up.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Well, no British winner this year. Froome off the back of the lead peloton. A rather lame effort by the British team imo. Lead the peloton all the way until we got to the circuit part of the course, then just dropped out (Wiggins and Cav) or dropped back (everyone else). It is not like there has been a real selection yet either, disappointing to say the least.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
During the ToB, Cav said he was very up for it, as he'd asked about a spot on the Worlds team, a month before.
That yes had given him the boost to keep training through Sept.

I guess if Cav says he wants to ride The Worlds, he rides the worlds.

Talking of Cav here's an odd one I'm having trouble shaking.
But I can't quite work out if it's just snobby Stat popping in to say hello.

I saw a fella the other day out on one of those £299 bright yellow Carrera's from Halfords, great stuff, he looked like he was enjoying himself.
The thing is he was decked out head to toe in OPQS replica kit.
Surely the value of what he was wearing totaled more than the bike he was riding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here