Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well, no British winner this year. Froome off the back of the lead peloton. A rather lame effort by the British team imo. Lead the peloton all the way until we got to the circuit part of the course, then just dropped out (Wiggins and Cav) or dropped back (everyone else). It is not like there has been a real selection yet either, disappointing to say the least.

That kind of backs up the thought it's a classics course not a climbers one.
I guess if they're weren't going to get right behind Stan or G, they weren't competing.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
That kind of backs up the thought it's a classics course not a climbers one.
I guess if they're weren't going to get right behind Stan or G, they weren't competing.

They did not seem to have any real plan. There are 70 in the main peloton, and not one British rider, that is pretty terrible really.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
During the ToB, Cav said he was very up for it, as he'd asked about a spot on the Worlds team, a month before.
That yes had given him the boost to keep training through Sept.

I guess if Cav says he wants to ride The Worlds, he rides the worlds.

Talking of Cav here's an odd one I'm having trouble shaking.
But I can't quite work out if it's just snobby Stat popping in to say hello.

I saw a fella the other day out on one of those £299 bright yellow Carrera's from Halfords, great stuff, he looked like he was enjoying himself.
The thing is he was decked out head to toe in OPQS replica kit.
Surely the value of what he was wearing totaled more than the bike he was riding.

Full kit wanker, I hope you gave him a loud tut and shake of the head. :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They did not seem to have any real plan. There are 70 in the main peloton, and not one British rider, that is pretty terrible really.
I just turned the TV on, wet descent, 108kms still to go, my only thought was:-

'I'll come back to this later'!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Full kit wanker, I hope you gave him a loud tut and shake of the head. :lolol:
I'm getting better at coping with that now.

I just wanted to show him bikes to the value of all his cycling clobber, in a 'look what you could have won, stylee'.

Some people just don't/won't appreciate the service we offer :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think I still have 5 in the peloton, so not too bad.

Which one of you lot loves Wilco Keldrman?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
£1 on Stybar @ 25/1.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Last hour now, shaping up quite nicely this.

Huzarski not looking happy coming up that hill.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Is Sagan still there? I've heard them say his name once or twice but his name never appears in the times when they list the riders still up there. Unless his transponder isn't working.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
First and not a lot else!!

It was Costa that won a stage in this years Tour that was lumpy, dark and wet, wasn't it?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bugger, I didn't confirm my transfers yesterday. I put Costa in. Bugger.

Anyway, that was a balls up from Spain. 2 in the break and didn't win.
Yeah although I don't see what else they could have done.

Costa was clearly running on fumes, or else he'd have shot past Roddy and won by 50 metres.
I see it more as Costa played a tactical blinder instead of Spain throwing it away.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Watched most of that live after all and have to say I couldn't believe what I was seeing from Wheelsucker Valverde! Fair enough all the time J Rod has the gap but after that it's just shameful riding. Is he always just happy for podium spots and NEVER interested in actually taking a race by the balls to try and the win the thing! :rant: Worse still is that Nibs allowed himself to be drawn into the nonsense but that idiot. Glad to see Costa take it in the end although I would have been happy to see J Rod stay away once it was clear Nibs wasn't going to win. Top ride by Nibali to get himself into contention in the first place considering that crash near the end. Talking of crashes...gutted for Denifl because I think he would of been top ten or twenty if not for the crash (and I had him in my team).

Taking a breath for a minute. Have to agree with Tyrone again...absolutely brilliant ride from him there.

Edit: Double gutted for Uran with his crash.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I really felt for Uran, all that way for nothing.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The BBC cut coverage straight away which was terrible on their part. Was really looking forward to seeing some post race interviews. But anyway, just saw this:

Purito: "I told Valverde to stay with whoever chased him and when I saw Rui Costa approaching alone I couldn't understand..."

I just wish Nibs hadn't crashed so he would have had enough left in the tank to solo it on the descent rather than have to indulge in verbals with that clown and end up not even on the podium.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
The BBC cut coverage straight away which was terrible on their part. Was really looking forward to seeing some post race interviews. But anyway, just saw this:

Purito: "I told Valverde to stay with whoever chased him and when I saw Rui Costa approaching alone I couldn't understand..."

I just wish Nibs hadn't crashed so he would have had enough left in the tank to solo it on the descent rather than have to indulge in verbals with that clown and end up not even on the podium.

Yep, valverde should have been in Rui Costa.

I would have understood if Costa was staying with movistar but he's not even really a team mate any more.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Crivens. I jumped 2 places with a score of 43.

Right, I learnt today that I don't have '100 mile in a weekend' legs. By Wivelsfield, I was running on empty. Its not a bad walk up the Beacon, but I wasn't happy doing it.

From my seat:

GC - Bold
Breakaway - Pogue
KOM - not a geek, (who is) The Judge, otherwise Bold.

NB all these did the return ride.

:bowdown::bowdown:

Special mention to Craig. 22, but on knobbly tyred mountain bike. Never far from the front.

Absolutely loved being out with the pro geeks. Top fellas. Top company.

Struggled to get used to Hamilton not smoking a pipe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here