Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
No Alpe D'Huez on Eurosport today. They seem to be just trying to upset me this week. Though it may not be all their fault this time.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Today was my last proper training ride for next Sunday. Finally got over that recent gastric issue. Despite it being pretty windy, I took 5m 45s off my previous best time. Best thing though was the last few miles not being too much of a problem. I reckon I'm in good shape for next week.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Today was my last proper training ride for next Sunday. Finally got over that recent gastric issue. Despite it being pretty windy, I took 5m 45s off my previous best time. Best thing though was the last few miles not being too much of a problem. I reckon I'm in good shape for next week.

Looking good. You will do it easy, enjoy and good luck.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
On to today's race 22 man breakaway. I have got one rider, Teruel, there are some big boys in there. Here is the full list:

Sergio Paulinho (Saxo-Tinkoff), Jurgen Van Den Broeck (Lotto Belisol), Alexey Lutsenko, Kevin Seeldrayers (Astana), Ivan Santaromita (BMC), Laurent Didier, Tony Gallopin (RadioShack-Leopard), Travis Meyer (Orica-GreenEdge), Jerome Coppel (Cofidis), Gorka Izaguirre (Euskaltel-Euskadi), Matteo Bono (Lampre-Merida), Pierre Rolland, David Veilleux (Europcar), Sylvain Chavanel (Omega Pharma-QuickStep), Alessandro De Marchi (Cannondale), Angel Madrazo, Eloy Teruel (Movistar), Thomas De Gendt (Vacansoleil-DCM), Nikias Arndt, Thomas Damuseau (Argos-Shimano), Arnaud Gérard (Bretagne-Seché) and David De la Cruz (NetApp-Endura)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
On to today's race 22 man breakaway. I have got one rider, Teruel, there are some big boys in there. Here is the full list:

Sergio Paulinho (Saxo-Tinkoff), Jurgen Van Den Broeck (Lotto Belisol), Alexey Lutsenko, Kevin Seeldrayers (Astana), Ivan Santaromita (BMC), Laurent Didier, Tony Gallopin (RadioShack-Leopard), Travis Meyer (Orica-GreenEdge), Jerome Coppel (Cofidis), Gorka Izaguirre (Euskaltel-Euskadi), Matteo Bono (Lampre-Merida), Pierre Rolland, David Veilleux (Europcar), Sylvain Chavanel (Omega Pharma-QuickStep), Alessandro De Marchi (Cannondale), Angel Madrazo, Eloy Teruel (Movistar), Thomas De Gendt (Vacansoleil-DCM), Nikias Arndt, Thomas Damuseau (Argos-Shimano), Arnaud Gérard (Bretagne-Seché) and David De la Cruz (NetApp-Endura)

Mega strong break! Rolland or Sir Thomas to win from that I'd say. I've just tuned in hoping for a live stream but none so far :(

Fantasy wise I have 2 riders in there, but the same two as everyone else I expect. Damuseau & Veilleux. I only started with 8 riders today, but not as bad as yesterday where I started with 8, unbeknown to me, and then finished with 7! :lol:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Mega strong break! Rolland or Sir Thomas to win from that I'd say. I've just tuned in hoping for a live stream but none so far :(

Fantasy wise I have 2 riders in there, but the same two as everyone else I expect. Damuseau & Veilleux. I only started with 8 riders today, but not as bad as yesterday where I started with 8, unbeknown to me, and then finished with 7! :lol:

I took the ten point hit to get rid of Van Rensburg swapping in Dennis, I figure his GC and Young Riders points will wipe out that 10. Anything else is a bonus.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I took the ten point hit to get rid of Van Rensburg swapping in Dennis, I figure his GC and Young Riders points will wipe out that 10. Anything else is a bonus.

Yep, 10pt hit for me too, but don't ask me the configuration as I confuse myself at times. Couldn't justisfy getting the other no show rider out though as I couldn't afford to buy anyone who'd likely get the 10 pt hit back.

Edit to my previous post...De Gendt dropped on the cat 1 they've just gone over. Could be game playing though on his part as a few others were also dropped but coming back on the descent.

Fantasy blow for a few today I expect will be the DNS of Konig due to illness. Shame, as he was looking promising and would have been nice to see how he got on today.

Last edited:

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset

Just seeldrayers in there for me. Too much fiddling again - took out Veilleux and izagirre. Found out about Konig after the deadline.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
At 6 years (349 days) my son Eddie just completed his first bike race in Class E (U8's) in the Hove Park Youth Race. He really enjoyed it too, as did I! Thought I'd post with a swell of pride. (he finished 4 of 4 by 2 inches. he said he lost 3rd by taking a tight bend too early approaching the climb section. He'll know for next time.).

Chapeau, Eddie! How far did they ride?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just seeldrayers in there for me. Too much fiddling again - took out Veilleux and izagirre. Found out about Konig after the deadline.

You should pick up decent points for Seeldrayers and won't be missing much for Veilleux as he hasn't contested any of the KOM points and I can't see him arriving at the finish before the peloton, but if Rolland takes the stage he'll get points there. Surprised you haven't got Damuseau.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
CYCLING CAPS PROVISIONAL ORDER FORM
Can you please keep quoting this one post when adding your name, so it becomes a 'mailing list'.

I'm still not going to commit 100% to the venture.
As this list grows, I'll start putting stuff together.
A couple of days before I'm on the phone shaking and sweating with my credit card in hand, if your names on this list expect a PM which will be your official order confirmation.

Stat Bro 2
Pogue 2
Bold 1
Moto 1
Ty 1
TotesFreaked 1
1066FM 1
Cranky 1
Pantani 1
Just keeping the order form at the top for a while, in the hope of squeezing out a few more caps.
I might try and PM some of our occasional visitors, to see if the can get near to the magic number.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wondered why i didn't get routinely mocked for my losing 50p ew bet, Van Rensburg, now I know.

Does anyone else have this.
In looking for riders around a budget there's always one I daily check and say no too.
This race has been Van Ren and Thomas Damuseau, who I think did make it for a couple of days.

It's like these names have been highlighted or something.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
This could be an epic Froome/Contador/J Rod/Valverde battle for the stage win here. It's shaping up nicely :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was ready to start slating the commentary that comes with Sky, until I thought 'well what would you say'.

It must be pretty difficult to keep the Sky talk interesting, when we all know what and how it's going to happen.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's funny watching 'clean enough' cycling.

Had there been the desire to do so, this climb would have been ripped apart, instead of just nibbling at the leader.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Either that or Sanchez bluffed his way to first.

2nd, 3rd, Froome, Navarro, & Taraamae, plus another EUS rider.

Right night all.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Nice win for Sanchez. Funny watching Froome and Bertie team riding rather than go for the stage, but makes perfect sense I suppose in the grand scheme of things. Valverde disappointed but good effort from Navarro. I think I saw young Barguil cross the line with Tarramae too?, which is good to see from the promising young Frenchie. Chapeau to young Rohan Dennis in at least staying in top ten on GC.

Edit: It was GENIEZ of FDJ crossing the line with Tarramae. In the excitement I somehow had it my head he rode for the French team rather than Argos Shimano. Barguil foinshed 30th.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Either that or Sanchez bluffed his way to first.

2nd, 3rd, Froome, Navarro, & Taraamae, plus another EUS rider.

Right night all.

Stayed up late watching videos of how Tommy V does it :lol: It worked too :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here