Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I love the way when someone else is leading the peloton he still rides to one side so he has the wind in his face. It is like it is too easy to ride sheltered.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
This Wellens kid is looking good. Not sure he will make it though, once the big boys go they will whizz up the mountain.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Hoping Konig is the NetApp rider in the peloton. Definitely have 5 there.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Dennis really gritting his teeth. He will be shelled out the back if they go.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Not much point watching the Tour is there? Froome kills them in the TT and in the mountains. Too easy.

Loved that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I went to a comfy chair to watch and that was the end of that, until the commentators livened it up, for the last km.

It was definitely a case of stamping authority from Froome.
'I'll not be looking for anyone else to do the work'.
'I can chase after, catch and pass anyone of you lot'.

I think you're right P, Le Tour will be Team Sky v Everyone else.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How is it I can spend the last 8 months trudging through every bit of rubbish weather, the elements can throw at me.
But the moment the sun comes out, I get a massive stinking head cold.

One that would probably killed a lesser man!!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I went to a comfy chair to watch and that was the end of that, until the commentators livened it up, for the last km.

It was definitely a case of stamping authority from Froome.
'I'll not be looking for anyone else to do the work'.
'I can chase after, catch and pass anyone of you lot'.

I think you're right P, Le Tour will be Team Sky v Everyone else.

Thing is with Froome as top dog all they have to do is get him within five km of the finish and he is good enough to beat the rest from there. With Wiggins you at least felt he was vulnerable to the likes of Contador, Valverde and Rodriguez, Froome is beating them at there own game time and time again.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Oh, and 1,7,9,15 and 19. With 1,2,7,8 and 9 in the GC. Decent day, expect 1066 destroyed me though, he normally does.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thing is with Froome as top dog all they have to do is get him within five km of the finish and he is good enough to beat the rest from there. With Wiggins you at least felt he was vulnerable to the likes of Contador, Valverde and Rodriguez, Froome is beating them at there own game time and time again.
Very true.
He certainly deserves the chance after the way he selflessly rode for BW, last year.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Contador's form/ability makes you wonder why he even bothered contesting the drugs ban.

Perhaps the next rider to be popped, for a second time?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
*Off Topic*

If anyone has a 24"/26" wheel child's road bike to suit a 8/9 year old that they maybe ready to part with - please let me know. I'm trying to sort my daughter's B'Day present and she wants a road bike like her Pa.

Anything from a vintage raleigh or Islabike Luath considered at this point.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
*Off Topic*

If anyone has a 24"/26" wheel child's road bike to suit a 8/9 year old that they maybe ready to part with - please let me know. I'm trying to sort my daughter's B'Day present and she wants a road bike like her Pa.

Anything from a vintage raleigh or Islabike Luath considered at this point.

Thanks. :thumbsup:
Well your certainly not getting Jnrs Colnago!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
£1 on Eddie B-H @ 9-2 (surely that has to be candy from a baby)
50p ew on Rudi Jansen Van Rensberg @ 25/1 (there has to be a reason I keep nearly putting him in Team Stat)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
At 6 years (349 days) my son Eddie just completed his first bike race in Class E (U8's) in the Hove Park Youth Race. He really enjoyed it too, as did I! Thought I'd post with a swell of pride. (he finished 4 of 4 by 2 inches. he said he lost 3rd by taking a tight bend too early approaching the climb section. He'll know for next time.).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At 6 years (349 days) my son Eddie just completed his first bike race in Class E (U8's) in the Hove Park Youth Race. He really enjoyed it too, as did I! Thought I'd post with a swell of pride. (he finished 4 of 4 by 2 inches. he said he lost 3rd by taking a tight bend too early approaching the climb section. He'll know for next time.).
At least you scored 10 points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here