Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
CYCLING CAPS PROVISIONAL ORDER FORM
Can you please keep quoting this one post when adding your name, so it becomes a 'mailing list'.

I'm still not going to commit 100% to the venture.
As this list grows, I'll start putting stuff together.
A couple of days before I'm on the phone shaking and sweating with my credit card in hand, if your names on this list expect a PM which will be your official order confirmation.

Stat Bro 2
Pogue 2
Bold 1
Moto 1
Ty 1

Well done Stat Bro in organising this and can you add me for one of the hats in true NSC Cycling Geeks comaraderie. I hope this is going to fit ok on top of my cycling helmet :)

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Well done SB. But will it go with my new jersey?

What do I wear for the L2B? The stripes (G&B) or the new one?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Robocop bike
1370446683630-1xdpxm72hnuuo-670-75.jpg

Weird
1370446683674-2rv3ds86xe8b-126-65.jpg

Really weird
1370446620975-1ixnqjrzyedmy-670-75.jpg

Really really nice, but that might just be the paint job.
1370446620926-1uukch8kwqt8l-670-75.jpg

Attachments

• 1370446620975-1ixnqjrzyedmy-126-65.jpg
    1370446620975-1ixnqjrzyedmy-126-65.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 116

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Can you please keep quoting this one post when adding your name, so it becomes a 'mailing list'.

A couple of days before I'm on the phone shaking and sweating with my credit card in hand, if your names on this list expect a PM which will be your official order confirmation.

Stat Bro 2
Pogue 2
Bold 1
Moto 1
Ty 1
TotesFreaked 1
1066FM 1

Nice one SB, good work so far :thumbsup:

Cranky

Jan 13, 2007

Stat Bro 2
Pogue 2
Bold 1
Moto 1
Ty 1
TotesFreaked 1

Cranky 1

Top work Stat Brother if only I had of followed your Rohan Dennis tip I would have been able to pay for half my cap already!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Bro 2
Pogue 2
Bold 1
Moto 1
Ty 1
TotesFreaked 1
1066FM 1
Cranky 1

If we can put it inside the [/quote] to maintain the list.#fusspot-tastic.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I believe the tour and x amount of other week long event owners The ASO are pretty much in bed with Eurosport, which ITV4 can't get in on.
The obvious exception being Le Tour, but the production company that runs that coverage. predates Eurosport.
Plus they do the best food in the media village, which is very important!!.

ITV4 did have highlights of the Spring classics.
They even showed the Tour of California last year.
I think the Vuelta was covered maybe last year certainly the year before.

I think it's coming. This years Tour viewing figures should be comparatively massive, plus the 5-live coverage, all of which is going to need to be in place, before we get the volume of coverage that Eurosport provide.

Each Tour organising committee/company has it's own TV deal. ITV basically have access to anything ASO organise, so quite a lot of races really. I'm sure they would have picked up the Giro if they could have, but the Giro TV deal went to some very strange companies (outside of Eurosport, who are pretty strange themselves). Basically read this: watching-the-races Explains it better than I will ever be able to.

Oh, and be thankful we do not live in the US, it seems like a nightmare out there getting race coverage.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Stat Bro 2
Pogue 2
Bold 1
Moto 1
Ty 1
TotesFreaked 1
Pantani 1

Me please. Superb stuff on potentially organising this.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Bro 2
Pogue 2
Bold 1
Moto 1
Ty 1
TotesFreaked 1
1066FM 1
Cranky 1
Pantani 1

Either you lot are easily pleased or you no read :lol:

We still need side panel writing, any suggestions?

Last edited:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
My final post of a frenetic morning of opinion giving.

In the midst of all our Dennis credit giving we did not really chat about the appalling efforts from:

53. Valverde +3:29 (+2:37)
54. Jurgen Van Den Broek +3:30 (+2:38)
61. Alberto Contador +3:37 (+2:45)
70. Joaquin Rodriguez +3:48 (+2:56)

The time in brackets is how much time they lost to Froome. If these guys are to have any chance in the Tour then they have to do better than that. There are two 30km+ time trials in the Tour, which are admittedly lumpier than yesterday's course, especially the second one. With this form and extrapolating generously in the Spaniards favour, that means losing four minutes to Froome in the time trials. Can they really put that much time in to him in the mountains vs the strength of the Sky train? Can't see it myself, I think we may have to see the Spaniards teaming up to attack Froome to make this Tour anything other than another Sky led procession.

This week really is a dry run for the Tour from a fantasy point of view too. Gone are the Giro days of being able to pick within budget virtually the entire top 10 for every mountain stage. I picked really poorly during the Giro and finished 7th (?) in our league but still managed stage scores of 166, 222, 175, 155 and 176. Now we have a choice on the mountain stages of one of the 40 credit riders with a mix of the 15 to 30 point riders. Or going all out with two 40 credit riders and a serious bunch of three credit riders. The breakaway days are going to be huge in this competition, as will having the correct 40 credit rider on the correct stage. Factor in the riders who are not in this competition and we could be looking at 40 credits for Cavendish, Evans and Sagan on top of the four we have already. Plus the fact everyone has the best team out, hence the most expensive riders. It is going to be low scoring throughout, I think.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
They all just look like TT bikes, which are all ugly, malformed, runts of the bike world. I don't care how much wind tunnel testing and super design tech have gone in to them, they just look weird. If I had my way they would ban them, and make the riders TT on normal bikes.

The spirit of Henri Desgrange is strong in this one. There's probably a job for you at the UCI... :wink:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
The spirit of Henri Desgrange is strong in this one. There's probably a job for you at the UCI... :wink:

To be honest, I don't even see why they are allowed gears. They got by back in the day. :dunce:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Kirri-wotsit is just a beast.

You just know he's going to go longer than the equally beastly Stannard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here