Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Hello all cycling geeks.

Have you all signed up for the REMF 2013 Palace - Brighton bike ride?

There is a thread somewhere on NSC about it, and I would love for as many of you as possible to come. I know a few of you have already put your names down, but the more people who attend the more money we may raise for REMF, which would be superb.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Thankfully no one had him - 85 points is a pretty big haul.

Just the 21 from me!

..................................................................................Rider In Rider Out

Criterium du Dauphine stage 1 Standard Jun 01, 22:24 Natnael Barhane David Veilleux

Criterium du Dauphine stage 1 Standard Jun 01, 21:54 David Veilleux Florian Vachon

For half hour there I had the stage sown up! :lol: So close, yet so far away :facepalm: I promise this is the last...if, but and only...post I make as I realise it's becoming a bit of a habit.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
2,3 and 5 for me today. Did not expect Viviani to get over that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
2,3 and 5 for me today. Did not expect Viviani to get over that.
I didn't expect the race to be over, 2 hours before I thought I'd tune in to catch the last 10kms.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My instant reaction would be 'well anyone's better than Unkie Pat and his cronies'.
Cookson is certainly someone 'we know'.

But he does have a lot of fingers in a lot of pies, already, asking for conflict of interests accusations.

[tweet]341563684574883840[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]341572237826093056[/tweet]

My problem with tweets like this from a well respected journo is:-
'well why didn't you mention these 'surprises' then, where's the harm in asking the question?

[tweet]341568988175802368[/tweet]

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
My instant reaction would be 'well anyone's better than Unkie Pat and his cronies'.
Cookson is certainly someone 'we know'.

But he does have a lot of fingers in a lot of pies, already, asking for conflict of interests accusations.

[tweet]341563684574883840[/tweet]

I think Cookson would be a good choice. I met him many years ago when he was organising the 1998 junior tour of Lancashire and was already the BCF (as it was then) president. It was my first big win and he was very friendly and chatty with me. He knew I'd driven up on my own so found me at the next national series race and gave me some photos that someone had taken of me crossing the line.

Maybe not the whole basis of a uci presidential campaign but seemed a decent bloke.

Not entirely surprised by this news -

http://m.cyclingnews.com/news/sant...ns_source=cyclingnews&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I hate Eurosport sometimes. No cycling today but live coverage of Japan v Australia world cup qualifier. Who cares about that? We are not in Asia (though neither is Australia really).

As a result I have found a stream, from...

...Australia. You could not make it up. This commentator makes Carlton Kirby seem superb.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I hate Eurosport sometimes. No cycling today but live coverage of Japan v Australia world cup qualifier. Who cares about that? We are not in Asia (though neither is Australia really).

As a result I have found a stream, from...

...Australia. You could not make it up. This commentator makes Carlton Kirby seem superb.

Could you paste up a link?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just in time to see a more than decent finish by Sky.
My French doesn't go much further than counting to 100 and asking for a ham and cheese sandwich.
But the commentary is easy enough to listen too, as at least I can pick out the riders names, when said.

Unlike my attempts to learn Flemish, this spring.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Just caught the last few km - decent lead out from Thomas for EBH. Good to see Matthews salvaging some fantasy points for me!

Don't know what Bouhanni was complaining about, he's starting to annoy me - he's all over the shop when he sprints and then pisses and moans when he takes the wrong line.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just caught the last few km - decent lead out from Thomas for EBH. Good to see Matthews salvaging some fantasy points for me!

Don't know what Bouhanni was complaining about, he's starting to annoy me - he's all over the shop when he sprints and then pisses and moans when he takes the wrong line.
I was done with Boohoohani at the Giro.
His one move, right from the first stage was to push anyone/everyone off of Cav's wheel just so he could roll in half a length down.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

This, there was that one in De Panne too where he bottled it when Sagan squeezed him a bit.

Just 3,6 and 13 for me today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
£1ew Rohan Dennis @22/1, for today's ITT.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

You love throwing your money away Stat. Did you listen to the Australian SBS commentary yesterday? Hence having the words 'Rohan' and 'Dennis' imprinted on your mind. The commentator kept going on about him getting in to the white jersey.

Froome, Martin, Porte, top three if Martin is feeling ok. Castroviejo would be my wildcard. Or my secret 3 credit rider who should scrape the top 20 :wink:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Oh marvellous!, I'm playing the long game and so going into today's stage like a Schleck, and then I get dealt this blow :cry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here