Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
NSC CAPS

We seem to get close to sorting something out, and then it goes quiet again.
Please can someone else do this, I'm obviously crap in a blinking competition, but worse with responsibilities!.
I'm just a bit bored at the moment, so I put out requests elsewhere for recommended manufacturers/suppliers, as yet no replies.

Blue, 2 (I guess we can't/shouldn't have 3) or 4 white stripes, front to back along the centre panel.

Whatever we can afford and get away with written, something along the line of:-

NSC Geeks - Team Geek :shrug: there has to be better than that, side panels
Northstandchat cycling geeks, small letters at the back.
Club crest underside of brim.

http://www.cycledivision.co.uk/customcycleclothing.php

Minimum order 25, £6 each = £150, £75 up front.

I'm definitely in for 2 @ £6 each.
In writing that I accept this is law binding, although any change of price will require a new confirmation.

23 more to sell, plus design and wording consensus.

Are the caps "one size fits all" I ask because i've got a big head!

By the way do you like my cargo bike ?

943404_456998531056574_432917545_n.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are the caps "one size fits all" I ask because i've got a big head!

If they were ever to materialize, I'm beginning to see why they have never gone beyond the discussion stage, all cycling caps are one size Fitz Hall.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
If they were ever to materialize, I'm beginning to see why they have never gone beyond the discussion stage, all cycling caps are one size Fitz Hall.

Spreadbetting, Hamilton and Bold all want caps, from what they've told me - and there must be loads more of us - and 2 each would be sensible, so we'd only need about twelve or thirteen of us...come on you lot!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
In the interests of solidarity, I'll take a cap too.

Remember fantasy players, Dauphiné starts tomorrow.

I've been having a little game of cheap breakaway rider oki koki this evening. In fact it could be a game all on it's own. Throw all the cheap riders in a hat, pick one out, preferably a French one, and hope you've got a winning ticket. Roll up, roll up, and have a bash at échappée coureur tombola!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

I've been having a little game of cheap breakaway rider oki koki this evening. In fact it could be a game all on it's own. Throw all the cheap riders in a hat, pick one out, preferably a French one, and hope you've got a winning ticket. Roll up, roll up, and have a bash at échappée coureur tombola!

Yeah, the cheap riders have been fun. I see the lead singer of U2 is in this one, so I've picked him. He's always been a consistent rider for me. He's never won me a point.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
I'll have a couple if this comes to fruition

An internet search suggests it is indeed quite hard to find a decent custom cap maker

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll have a couple if this comes to fruition

An internet search suggests it is indeed quite hard to find a decent custom cap maker
As said t'is a bit tricky.

I found one US site, the separate panels of the cap laid out.
Where you could have writing.
Colour and design templates.
Easy what goes where steps.
I reckon even I could have put an order together, in 15 mins.

Which is partly why the only UK link I could find looks a bit cack, hence wanting someone else to judge it against.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I've gone middle ground for this.
I've left the 40's alone until the TT, and done my shopping around the 20's with a high single figure or too making up the rest.
I did stumble upon a 'find' with pedigree quite low down, but that only because I didn't do any specific homework and got lucky.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
I wasn't trying to be awkward I really did not know if they came in different sizes and in my experience one size fits all are always to small for my head.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wasn't trying to be awkward I really did not know if they came in different sizes and in my experience one size fits all are always to small for my head.

They have an elasticated back.
Jnr wears an 'adult' one, he looks like an Aussie cricketer but it fits on his head, as it does on mine with room to spare.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ooh!, nearly got a full house with my 2 tombola tickets. Managed to get the rignt Bretagne rider but swapped out Europcar rider who is in there for one who I thought might be up for the early kom points. Oh well, I,ll settle for having one rider in a 4 man break.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
NSC CAPS - update

Not much to report, I've dropped a line to Prendas, just to see if they'll recommend someone.

I've also found a UK supplier whom instill more confidence, even though the caps aren't cotton, which I'd prefer.
The caps are slightly more but still under £10 (I've decided £9.99 is the very most we'll pay!!).
I've written to them with some general design/cost queries.

Which leads onto the caps themselves.
Design by committee never works. Here's the maximum template I'm working to.
If it's one price and do what you want then happy days, if not we'll have to cut our cloth accordingly, so to speak:-

Colour - Brighton Blue. Pantone colour ref, to be sourced.
.......... 2 or 4 white stripes from front to back across the centre panel.

White lettering - Bold block right side ??
........................ Bold block left side ??

....................... smaller 'hand written' back northstandchat then below cycling geeks, preferably something more Italic, but you get the point.

....... Brim side - Albion logo

That would leave space at the front and top of the brim, if we decided to not have the stripes reaching the edge.
Again all reliant on design and cost involved.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Amazing ride from Veilleux here :clap2: Typical Europcar heriocs for a big stage win no doubt. Big fantasy points here for anyone with him in their team, and I think that could be quite a few people. Gutted I took him out for his Eritrean team mate.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Looking at Team Stat in the cold light of day isn't pretty.

The wrong Martin, being the biggest mistake.
The wrong Sky 'other' fella, being another.
Misjudging the effects of a grueling Giro, and side stepping those prominent riders, being a third.

To that end my 1 point for Rein Taaramae's 20th could be a new low light!!. double :facepalm:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Amazing ride from Veilleux here :clap2: ... Big fantasy points here for anyone with him in their team, and I think that could be quite a few people...

As I'm joint 4th and I didn't pick him, that might suggest quite a few didn't pick him. :wink:

Oh. I've just ordered that Molteni jersey. :love:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here