NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stuck with annoying Aussie commentator again. At least it isn't Phil and Paul.
It's a shame it's come to this, but you're right.

There goes our formative years of watching Le Tour.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Barguil looking good right now, riding Valverde off his wheel. He has gone a bit early for me though.

Good lad!, but I agree, too early. Pleased to see my other young Frenchie, Rudy Molard got in the break too but he won't have scored me any fantasy points. I'm going to lose this to IL anyway so may as well do it supporting the Yoof :)

P.S Valverde is pissing me off with his early attacks that are doomed to fail. He of all people should know about wheelsucking to the finish and then taking the sprint.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm pleased my 'oh well what the f...', just got a mention.

Garate - he's Spanish and looks scrawny - he'll do!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's a lot of effort for AC & TG for not a lot of result.

It must be so disheartening, to be be racing for the 'crumbs'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone else got a with a rye smile?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Oh FFS! :angry: All streams gone down as they approached the final km.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Oh FFS! :angry: All streams gone down as they approached the final km.

Yep, me too. Managed to get on a french one though. Froome could have won that if he hadn't waited for Porte.

2,4,8,9,10 and 20 for me today. Not too bad. Anyone pick De Marchi?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My computer wasn't liking that feed, so I switched to cricfree through wiziwig and it's only just gone off now.

2, 4, 5 and 9 from the top 10.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
2,5,6,9,10. I refused to pick Clement as it just felt wrong, and just couldn't work Porte in.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
2,5,6,9,10. I refused to pick Clement as it just felt wrong, and just couldn't work Porte in.

And you win again...well done 1066.

My Dauphine was a bit of a Contador - everything went wrong early on, and I couldn't get it right after that. Is Berty proving that he can't cut it when he's clean?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Tour de Suisse streams are live now :)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
And you win again...well done 1066.

My Dauphine was a bit of a Contador - everything went wrong early on, and I couldn't get it right after that. Is Berty proving that he can't cut it when he's clean?

Thank you.

I wouldn't read much into Bertie's performance in this race. Clearly showed today that he was in training mode when he went back to help Rogers. He'll be competing come TdF I've no doubt about that.

AS is riding in Tour de Suisse. This could be fun to watch.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thank you.

I wouldn't read much into Bertie's performance in this race. Clearly showed today that he was in training mode when he went back to help Rogers. He'll be competing come TdF I've no doubt about that.
Yeah he'll be competing in a month's time, that's for sure.

But I wonder what the call was re Rogers.
I can't help thinking he was told 'if you can win, take it. If not you'd better drop back now, play the team mate roll, and save face.

Sky's failure in the Spring Classics wasn't what they expected, but it seems to have set them up nicely for July.
G, Eddie B-H Stan et al, all able it cut it at the sharp end of a decent climb, makes me think it wasn't such a disappointment, after all.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yeah he'll be competing in a month's time, that's for sure.

But I wonder what the call was re Rogers.
I can't help thinking he was told 'if you can win, take it. If not you'd better drop back now, play the team mate roll, and save face.

Sky's failure in the Spring Classics wasn't what they expected, but it seems to have set them up nicely for July.
G, Eddie B-H Stan et al, all able it cut it at the sharp end of a decent climb, makes me think it wasn't such a disappointment, after all.

Disagree on the saving face scenario. I think he could have lived with the Sky train no problem today if he wanted. May not have beaten Froome for the stage but then why would he want to at this point.

Agree about Stannard & EBH cutting it at the sharp end of decent climbs here. Both took huge turns yesterday and from what I can gather ( I came in late on coverage) they did the same today too.

Meanwhile.... AS straight out the back today as Dan Martin sets the pace up the climb. If AS makes TdF startlist and puts in anywhere near half decent performances then some serious questions will need to be asked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here