Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Could really have done with Sammy taking that stage today, but smart move by Porte to just hammer home victory for tomorrow.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Got 4 transfers for tomorrow but not sure how to use them.

I have 3 to play with and the same dilemma. One things for sure, I'm not getting drawn into change for changes sake. If I don't use some of those transfers then so be it.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Points are up. IL smashing it for another day. Cleaned up here good and proper, chapeau :clap2:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Thanks. Same team as yesterday as well!

Have gone high risk and used all 4 transfers for tomorrow.

Blimey!, I like your style, drive home that victory!

Been having a good look myself and there's a few peaches to be had in there for sure, even from such a short start list.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Blimey!, I like your style, drive home that victory!

Been having a good look myself and there's a few peaches to be had in there for sure, even from such a short start list.

Well, I had to use 3 to get someone in then noticed tony martin was still in the race and had to go for it.

On a side note, I'm managing my annual trip to the Amex tomorrow. Might actually have some football to talk about as well!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Its pretty disrespectful to bail on an event prior to the last day.
But I guess the organisers have to take some responsibility for having a short ITT, that doesn't overlook Nice.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Its pretty disrespectful to bail on an event prior to the last day.
But I guess the organisers have to take some responsibility for having a short ITT, that doesn't overlook Nice.

Can't blame them really, given today’s conditions, I wouldn't see the point of flogging myself round a tt with no prospect of success.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Apparently the organisers themselves bailed everyone in a didn't meet the cut off on a circuit type scenario. Not seen that confirmed though but it's what I read on another forum.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well, I had to use 3 to get someone in then noticed tony martin was still in the race and had to go for it.

On a side note, I'm managing my annual trip to the Amex tomorrow. Might actually have some football to talk about as well!

I can only slot Martin in if I take out Henao and I'm not so sure it'll make sense to do so as I think Henao will put in a good time to try to stay on the podium. My other transfers are sorted, just a stick or twist on this one for me left to decide.

Enjoy your trip tomorrow. Don't hold your breath in getting some decent football chat on the big board though - it'll be absolute world beaters or "Gus has taken us as far as we can go" bollox as usual I expect :rolleyes:

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I can only slot Martin in if I take out Henao and I'm not so sure it'll make sense to do so as I think Henao will put in a good time to try to stay on the podium. My other transfers are sorted, just a stick or twist on this one for me left to decide.

Enjoy your trip tomorrow. Don't hold your breath in getting some decent football chat on the big board though - it'll be absolute world beaters or "Gus has taken us as far as we can go" bollox as usual I expect :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'll probably stick to the geeks thread!

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I can only slot Martin in if I take out Henao and I'm not so sure it'll make sense to do so as I think Henao will put in a good time to try to stay on the podium. My other transfers are sorted, just a stick or twist on this one for me left to decide

I've gone for it. Henao out, Martin in!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
32 miles this morning. Mrs M is preparing tonight's curry as I type. 'Working' for a team at Brands tomorrow. A win for the Albion this afternoon will make it a brilliant weekend.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Team chosen:

Contador, Martin, Henao, Porte, Spilak, Velits, Betancur, Riblon and...

Schleck (bloody useless abandoned again, "I won't know where my form is until Le Tour" Andy Schleck. I will tell you where your form is. It is terrible and you are an awful despicable excuse for a cyclist, stop quitting every race you absolute numpty).

Quite happy with my team bar one rider, not sure if you can guess which one :dunce:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm still not tempted by Martin over Henao, preferring the safety of GC instead. I think Porte will win the stage and take GC and with Quintana, Contador & Spilak all breathing down Henao's neck I think he'll pull out a good time on a hilly technical course. I expect Martin to top 3, but with no GC points he'll have to win the stage to be worth it, possibly. The only regret I have with my team is that I can't work Contador in, he's just far too expensive.

Not that I want to defend boring riders, but....In defensive of Schleck, a lot of riders and top ones too had a DNF yesterday and I'm inclined to think the - organisers pulled them - story might be true. AS has been improving very slowly, but the thing that baffles me is how he obviously needs to hold his brothers hand still. A spell on a different team from his brother would do him the world of good, but we all know that'll never happen.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:rotlf:
Team chosen:

Schleck (bloody useless abandoned again, "I won't know where my form is until Le Tour" Andy Schleck. I will tell you where your form is. It is terrible and you are an awful despicable excuse for a cyclist, stop quitting every race you absolute numpty).

Quite happy with my team bar one rider, not sure if you can guess which one :dunce:
As if you haven't given us enough by having Schleck, you now had the possibility of having him in a TT.

:lol: :lolol: :salute: :lolol: :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Team chosen:

Velits ??? He let me down badly in Paris Nice.

:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here