Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Velits is the least likely winner today, from Team Stat.

We must all have pretty much the same teams for this by now. Mine:

Henao, Porte, Contador, Ulissi, Betancur, Quintana, Txurruka, Caruso and...

... Schleck :ffsparr:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sergio Luis Henao (SKY)
Michael Albasini (GRE)
Nairo Quintana (MOV)
Gorka Izagirre (EUS)
Peter Velits (OPQ)
Amets Txurruka (CJR)
Francesco Gavazzi (AST)
Alexey Lutsenko (AST)
Giampaolo Caruso (KAT)

Schleck hahahahaha.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
1,2,3,4,6,13 and 15. Happy with that.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
1,2,5,6,9,12,15. Not quite as happy with that as was hoping 5 might have held on. Another great finish today. Superb racing!

Can we have a geeks ruling on spoilers? Would be nice to discuss the race while the iron is still hot sometimes. Thoughts anyone?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
1,5,6,12,15. Intriguing stage - gutted for the 2 fallers after the finish line, hows your luck after all that then coming off after finishing.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
1,2,5,6,9,12,15. Not quite as happy with that as was hoping 5 might have held on. Another great finish today. Superb racing!

Can we have a geeks ruling on spoilers? Would be nice to discuss the race while the iron is still hot sometimes. Thoughts anyone?

My thoughts are, if you're hoping to catch highlights and don't want to know the results - don't come on cycling geeks. I too would rather discuss the race straight after, otherwise we don't get the chance do we!?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
My thoughts are, if you're hoping to catch highlights and don't want to know the results - don't come on cycling geeks. I too would rather discuss the race straight after, otherwise we don't get the chance do we!?

That's my thoughts too. I don't want to be posting potential spoilers though without some sort of general consensus..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think Le Tour is a little different, with the 7-8pm highlights package.

But I think general race talk while watching and in summary, is one of the best things about Geeks.

Lets face it, there's geeks and then finding the stage highlights of Vuelta Pais Vasco, Geeks.

For what it's worth, talk/type away.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's looking good for Sky again, Porte and Henao look in imperious form. Is Contador saving something for Le Grande tours as right now so far this season he looks like its a struggle for him - not the same rider so far who stormed the Vuelta so far.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

That's my thoughts too. I don't want to be posting potential spoilers though without some sort of general consensus..

I think Le Tour is a little different, with the 7-8pm highlights package.

But I think general race talk while watching and in summary, is one of the best things about Geeks.

Lets face it, there's geeks and then finding the stage highlights of Vuelta Pais Vasco, Geeks.

For what it's worth, talk/type away.

I think we should talk away, if you do not want the result spoiling do not come on here. I have had to do this for a few races this year already and think it is fair enough.

Also I believe I am one of the 'finding the stage highlights of Vuelta Pais Vasco, Geeks' (Stat Brother 2013) and would not have it any other way.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
1,2,3,4,5,6,9!

Well done, chance of being top for the stage with that I should imagine.

I'd given up on catching you anyway for this tour, 3rd place will have to do me I think and maybe catch 1066 a bit for the season overall.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think we should talk away, if you do not want the result spoiling do not come on here. I have had to do this for a few races this year already and think it is fair enough.

Also I believe I am one of the 'finding the stage highlights of Vuelta Pais Vasco, Geeks' (Stat Brother 2013) and would not have it any other way.
Someone's putting in a bid for Top Geek, :lol:

Sorry I forgot early top work IL, brilliant stuff.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Top Geek? Need I remind you who started this thread? It is not too late to take my ball home. :lolol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Looks like we're reaching a consensus on spoilers then. The highlights geeks amongst us already protect ourselves from spoilers here anyway it seems. Steephill is always the first destination for me, or failing that, youtube.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It's looking good for Sky again, Porte and Henao look in imperious form. Is Contador saving something for Le Grande tours as right now so far this season he looks like its a struggle for him - not the same rider so far who stormed the Vuelta so far.

I once read a comment from a poster elsewhere that Sky enter EVERY stage race to win it - no such thing as training races, form testers or just getting race miles in. Seems silly and obvious to say that as surely all the top teams are in it to win it, but I sort of know what the author means by it. Only superb rides by Slagter & Nibali have denied Sky this season I think?, and I can't see past Porte for the win here. They have such strength in depth that they can ride this way I think and no other team can compete in the same way.

Their unorthodox approach to the Classics hasn't quite worked out so well so far though has it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here